Logo
Info
Noch nicht angemeldet? Hier einloggen oder neu registrieren!
Websuche:   

Anmelden

Benutzername:
Passwort:
Angemeldet bleiben

Produktempfehlungen

Kalender

Juli 2017
Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa So
     1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Seite merken

Icon del.icio.us Icon Digg Icon Technorati Icon Furl Icon LinkArena Icon SeekXL.de Icon Yigg.de Icon Webnews.de

Forum - Thema: News: Bollywood Awards

Seite 1 von 4 | »»
Thema: News: Bollywood Awards
Autor Beitrag

Beitrag #1 - erstellt: 10. Juni 2006
The IIFA roll call
Subhash K Jha

The IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) awards at Dubai promises to be one star-studded event but some celebrities will be really conspicuous by their absence. Abhishek Bachchan will squeeze in a quick trip to Dubai and come back to Chennai to join the crew of Mani Rathnam's Guru . “I've to be there. I'm nominated and my dad is the ambassador for the event," he says. But it's impossible for Aishwarya Rai and the rest of the Guru team in Chennai to get away.

Another confirmed appearance at IIFA is that of Karan Johar. "Karan is on the advisory board of IIFA awards. There was never any question of his not attending. He left for London on Thursday for the music promotion of of Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna. From there he proceeds to Dubai for IIFA,” says a close friend.

However Shah Rukh Khan isn't attending. “That's because he's on holiday with his wife and two kids in London after working non-stop on Don with Farhan Akhtar in Malaysia for three months. He had promised his family this holiday for months," says a close friend of Karan and SRK.

Sanjay Dutt will also have to give the event a miss as his legal issues restrict him from entering Dubai. Also, filmmaker Jagmohan Mundhra who flies down from London for the event in Dubai will premiere Provoked at IIFA on June 14.

Who’s Coming....

• Amitabh Bachchan is the brand ambassador for IIFA 2006

• Abhishek Bachchan will juggle his dates to accomodate IIFA 2006

Who’s Not....

• Shah Rukh Khan is holidaying with his family in London

• Aishwarya Rai is shooting for Guru in Chennai

Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #2 - erstellt: 10. Juni 2006
IIFA has benefited film industry: Amitabh
By Subhash K. Jha, Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan, the brand ambassador of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, is pleased with the academy's achievements in the world arena.

"I think over the past seven years IIFA has benefited the film industry both commercially and socially. From providing a lucrative venue to creating awareness about Indian cinema...it has achieved a lot."

Amitabh says apart from popularising Indian cinema abroad, IIFA also allows the film fraternity to spend quality time with each other.

"We are all neighbours in the film industry. But we don't get the time to meet one another. I think it's wonderful to be in an environment where one can relax and be with one's colleagues without stress or anxiety."

Excerpts:

Q: How are IIFA awards this year different from previous ones?

A: I think every year there is some progress made at the IIFA awards. We started by merely acknowledging and honouring artistes for their work. Now we have moved on to creating a forum where business opportunities are created and discussed.

There are forums for discussion on cinema for people from all over the world. There are charity events and sports events. Then, of course, the awards ceremony is unique because the film industry votes for itself. The awards are all computerised.

Q: Which one is the most enjoyable aspect of IIFA for you?

A: I think it is a wonderful opportunity for the entire film industry to get together in one city in any part of the world over a period of four days. We are all neighbours in the film industry. But we don't get the time to meet one another. I think it is wonderful to be in an environment where one can relax and be with one's colleagues without stress or anxiety.

Q: Do you think IIFA awards have grown over the past four-five years?

A: Oh, most certainly. I think over the past seven years IIFA has benefited the film industry both commercially and socially. From providing a lucrative venue to creating awareness about Indian cinema...it has achieved a lot.

Q: What unique aspects this year at IIFA?

A: Instead of the sports event there is going to be a charity fashion show. And of course we have tried to make improvements in every aspect, from the facilities provided to the guests to the quality of the live shows.

Q: Don't you think there are too many awards ceremonies every year?

A: Why not? This is a free society. Everyone has the right to do what he or she likes. It's any individual or organisation's prerogative to host an awards ceremony. How wonderful to find our fraternity being acknowledged for our efforts. Creative artistes need the appreciation.

Q: This year you have swept all the popular awards.

A: Yes, yes...It's been unique. But that is primarily due to the fact that the film "Black" was so well-made...all credit to Sanjay (Leela) Bhansali and to the audience for embracing this piece of art. It is unique for a film to score with both critics and the audience.

The success of "Black" shows the maturity of our audiences. A film like this demolishes the wall between art and commercial films. Really, "Black" has bridged many gaps. And that's so wonderful.

Beitrag #3 - erstellt: 10. Juni 2006
Looking South, talking IIFA

Rohini Mohan
CNN-IBN
Friday , June 09, 2006 at 14:09

Chennai: The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Film Festival is looking south this year. The festival has decided to screen south Indian films for the first time.

The news has brought much cheer down south as Tamil superstar Rajnikanth - who is adulated, revered and even worshipped by his fans - makes his IIFA debut.

His blockbuster Chandramukhi, has been selected by the IIFA jury and will be screened at the film festival being held in Dubai from June 15 to June 17.

Directed by P Vasu, Chandramukhi was a runaway hit in the South and has been running in Chennai for over a year now.

"It is very nice that a southern language is going to join the IIFA Festival," P Vasu says.

But, Chandramukhi is not the only one to make it to IIFA. The Academy, as if to make up for lost time, will be showing as many as 14 south Indian films including Kannathil Muthamiltal, Nayakan, Gajini, Kaazhcha, 7G Brundavana Colony and Tagore, IIFA 2006.

The IIFA film festival will showcase 30 entries in all this year.

Beitrag #4 - erstellt: 10. Juni 2006
IIFA to honour Indian cinema stalwarts

Press Trust of India
Dubai, June 2, 2006

Veteran actress Asha Parekh would receive the Idea IIFA Award-2006 for outstanding achievement in Indian cinema during the seventh annual IIFA weekend and awards in Dubai on June 16.

Script and dialogue writer OP Dutta and ace cinematographer KK Mahajan, renowned for his acclaimed work in Indian films like Chitchor, Amrit and Akayla, have also been selected by the International Indian Film Academy to receive the 'Outstanding contribution to Indian Cinema' awards at this year's function.

The winners were selected by the IIFA advisory board on the basis of their illustrious career and status as industry icons.

Asha Parekh, popularly known as the 'queen of the sixties' was an unanimous choice for her multi-faceted career as an actress, producer and the first female chairperson of the Indian film censor board.

KK Mahajan, another industry stalwart, has had an outstanding career as a cinematographer and continues to contribute to the Indian film industry.

The seventh Annual IIFA Weekend and Awards from June 14-17, 2006, are being held in Dubai.

Other events at the IIFA Weekend include the IIFA World Premiere film, the FICCI-IIFA Global Business Forum, the IIFA Workshop and the IIFA Foundation Fashion event.

Beitrag #5 - erstellt: 10. Juni 2006
Amitabh, Rani Mukherji, Saif lead in IFFA nomination list

Jun 3 2006, 11:13AM GMT

Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukherji and Saif Ali Khan are leading the list of nominations in best actor and actress categories for the 7th International Indian Film Academy (IFFA) awards to be held in Dubai on 16th June.

Amitabh has been nominated for 'Black' and 'Sarkar' while Saif Ali Khan for 'Parineeta' and 'Salaam Namaste' in the best actor award category.

Shah Rukh Khan has been nominated for 'Paheli' which was the country's representation at the Oscars awards last year in the best foreign film category.

Rani Mukherji has been nominated for 'Bunty Aur Babli' and 'Black' in the best actress category.

Konkana Sen Sharma (Page 3), Preity Zinta (Salaam Namaste) and Vidya Balan (Parineeta) are the other contenders.

'Black', 'Parineeta', 'Bunty Aur Babli', 'Iqbal', 'No Entry', 'Page 3' will vie for the best film award.

Madhur Bhandarkar (Page 3) and Nagesh Kuknoor (Iqbal), Pradeep Sarkar (Parineeta), Prakash Jha (Aparahan), Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Black) are in the race for the best director award.

Abhishek Bachchan (Sarkar), Amitabh Bachchan (Bunty Aur Babli), John Abraham (Garam Masala), Naseeruddin Shah (Iqbal) and Sanjay Dutt (Parineeta) are the nominees for the best actor in supporting role category.

Ayesha Kapoor (Black), Juhi Chawla (My Brother Nikhil), Lara Dutta (No Entry), Shernaz Patel (Black) and Shweta Prasad (Iqbal) are in the race for Best actress in supporting role.

Akshay Kumar (Garam Masala), Boman Irani (Waqt), Isha Koppikar (Kya Kool Hai Hum), Javed Jaffery (Salaam Namaste) and Riteish Deshmukh (Bluff Master) have been nominated for best actor in comic role.

Ajay Devgan (Kaal), Amrita Singh (Kalyug), Nana Patekar (Apaharan) and Pankaj Kapur (Dus) are the nominees for best actor in negative role.

Beitrag #6 - erstellt: 11. Juni 2006
Black, Parineeta bag tech awards at IIFA

Press Trust Of India
Saturday , June 10, 2006 at 19:12

Dubai: After wooing the audiences and critics alike, Bollywood blockbusters Black and Parineeta have bagged maximum awards in technical categories at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards 2006.

The Idea IIFA Awards are the high point of the 7th Annual IIFA Weekend and Awards in Dubai from June 14-17. The awards would be presented on June 16.

Black has won awards for cinematography, editing, song recording and background score and Parineeta has been recognised for makeup and costume, sound recording, art direction and screenplay.

The technical awards results were strictly monitored, collated and tabulated by the internationally reputed audit firm PriceWaterhouse Coopers.

Ravi K Chandran has been chosen for the award for best cinematography for the movie Black and Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Pradeep Sarkar have won the best screenplay award for Parineeta.

The award for the best dialogue has gone to Prakash Jha for Apharan. Keshto Mondol, Elridge Rodrigues, Tanushree Sarkar, Pradeep Sarkar have been selected for the art direction award for Parineeta.

The choreography award has gone to Vaibhavi Merchant for Bunty Aur Babli for the song Kajra Re and Allan Amin has been selected for the best action award for Dus.

The sound recording award has gone to Bishwadeep Chatterjee for Parineeta and Anup Dev for Black.

P Balaraman has been declared winner for the best song recording award for Aashiq Banaya Aapne.

The special effects award has been bagged by Dus, best background award to Monty Sharma for Black, best costume designing award to Subarna Ray Chaudhari for Parineeta and best make-up award to Vidyadhar Bhatte for the same film.

Beitrag #7 - erstellt: 13. Juni 2006
Akshay all set to groove to 'Hai Junoon' at IIFA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Swati R Chaudhary, Bollywood Trade News Network

This go getter is just two films old and yet defines versatility and adaptability in a different light. After playing the young dreamer in his debut film POPCORN KHAO! MAST HO JAO, a peppy frothy college caper revolving around romance, friendship and self discovery, Akshay Kapoor is back with a bang! He is playing a guy gifted with super powers, with no strand of hair on his body, in his forthcoming film ALAG. It has been quite a drastic transition for Akshay Kapoor. "I play an eighteen year old guy with innocence of a ten year old boy. He is very intellectual and unique. I wanted to understand my character in totality which is why I shaved my eyebrows, locked myself in a room, disconnected my phone and TV, with absolutely no contact with the outside world. Basically I wanted to understand the concept of isolation, to be able to do complete justice to my character. I did lots of research to get into the skin of the character. I also read two books on isolation namely' Lord of the Fly' and 'Life of Pi' and used those experiences in my film", reveals Akshay.

Working with a brilliant photographer and the beautiful Dia Mirza must have been great. "My expectations are high though I am nervous also. I feel very lucky and blessed to work with Subi. It's my second film and an opportunity of a life time for a new comer like me. Dia is a seasoned actor. She was very helpful and always encouraged me. She is just so awesome. It was wonderful working with her", adds Akshay.

ALAG is all set to release next week. The latest is the film would be screened at IIFA and Akshay is also grooving to 'Hai Junoon' from ALAG. " Yes, that's right. Anything associated to IIFA is an honour. It is an international platform and I'm also performing there", he gushes.

So what's next on the cards…" Well I m doing Subi's next film and hopefully I'll have hair in the movie. It's an action-thriller where I'll be seen in a different light. I am also doing the sequel for ALAG", he signs off.

Beitrag #8 - erstellt: 14. Juni 2006
Is Shah Rukh avoiding IIFA awards function?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

The dates for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards 2006 were announced months ago. Yet, Shah Rukh Khan has gone on "holiday" to London with his family, seemingly to avoid the function.

Shah Rukh isn't attending the function starting Wednesday. "And that's because he's on holiday with his wife and two kids in London after working non-stop on 'Don' with Farhan Akhtar in Malaysia for three months. This was a holiday he had promised his family months ago, and they had been looking forward to it," a close friend of Karan Johar and Shah Rukh told IANS.

Even Aishwarya Rai won't be able to make it to Dubai, but Abhishek Bachchan will manage to somehow squeeze in a quick trip and come back to Chennai to join the crew of Mani Rathnam's "Guru".

"I have to be there. I am nominated and dad is the ambassador for the event," Abhishek told IANS.

But it's impossible for Aishwarya and the rest of the "Guru" team in Chennai to get away.

However, Johar is sure to attend the IIFA. Says a close friend: "Karan is on the advisory board of the IIFA awards. There was never any question of his not attending the awards. He's left for London on Thursday in connection with the promotion of the music of 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna'. From there he proceeds to Dubai for IIFA."

Sanjay Dutt will also have to give the event a miss, as he isn't permitted into Dubai due to some legal problems. However, efforts were made to arrange a special permit for him so that he could accompany his pal and business associate Sanjay Gupta for the launch of forthcoming films of their production company White Feather.

"Unfortunately, Sanju can't accompany us. But we'll all be there and we expect our launch to be spectacular," said Gupta.

Jagmohan Mundhra, who flies down from London for the event in Dubai, will be premiering "Provoked" at IIFA on June 14.

Beitrag #9 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2006
IIFA Weekend begins in style
By Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, June 15, 2006]

The seventh International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend in Dubai kicked off in inimitable style today, heralding a star-studded four day spectacular that promises to dazzle the UAE with its glamorous fashion, spectacular IIFA Awards presentation ceremony and popular cinema unfolding at multiple venues around Dubai.

The IIFA Weekend was officially opened at the hip-n-happening Grand Hyatt this morning at a press conference featuring Indian superstar and IIFA Brand Ambassador Amitabh Bachchan, Star TV Vice-president, Kevin Vaz, Zabeel Investments CEO Mohammed Al Hashimi, Idea Cellular Vice-president Pradeep Shrivastava and DSS CEO Saeed Al Nabouda.

The IIFA Weekend will conclude on Friday, June 16, with the IIFA Awards ceremony at the spectacular Central Hall at the Dubai Airport Expo. It will be hosted by the charm-n-oomph-brigade of Bollywood in Fardeen Khan, Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif. The ceremony will include electrifying performances from leading stars of Indian cinema including Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Rani Mukherjee, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta, Dia Mirza, Himesh Reshamiya and Upen Patel.

The IIFA Weekend began yesterday with the IIFA World Premiere of Jagmohan Mundra’s film ‘Provoked,’ starring Aishwarya Rai, Naveen Andrews, Miranda Richardson and Nandita Das. The film’s cast and crew received a red carpet welcome at the Grand Cineplex in Dubai.

The second day of the IIFA Weekend will begin with the FICCI IIFA Global Business Forum at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and it also includes the inauguration of the IIFA Film Festival.

This three-day film festival, which opens with hit Tamil film ‘Chandramukhi,’ includes 31 critically and commercially successful examples of Indian cinema. The festival will also give media and cinema lovers an opportunity to interact with the cast and crew of many of these films.

The IIFA Foundation Fashion Extravaganza will be the high point of the second day, with celebrated Indian designers Manish Malhotra and Vikram Phadnis outfitting cinema icons and celebrities with the best of Indian glamour and fashion. Director Karan Johar will also have a special conversation with his film star friends and reveal some of their most intimate secrets during the event.

The black tie fashion extravaganza will help raise funds for the IIFA Foundation, which supports families of behind-the-scenes film workers who have been injured or worse during the making of a film.

The IIFA Weekend and the IIFA Awards will be broadcast on STAR Plus at 8 pm on Sunday, June 25, 2006.

Launched seven years ago at the Millennium Dome in London, the IIFA Awards ceremony has grown into a three-day extravaganza showcasing the best of Indian cinema and providing a platform for its interaction with global media.

The Idea IIFA Awards 2006 is a salutation to the world’s largest film industry and has attracted the stalwarts of both Indian and International cinema, including Amitabh Bachchan, Mira Nair, Shekhar Kapur, Angelina Jolie, Kylie Minogue, Jackie Chan, Bo Derek and Miranda Richardson.

Beitrag #10 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2006
Bachchan launches Lights, Camera, Masala!
By Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, June 15, 2006]

Amitabh Bachchan, the brand ambassador of the International Indian Film Academy yesterday launched the IIFA commemorative book - ‘Lights, Camera, Masala!’ at the plush Dubai five star hotel Grand Hyatt, during the ongoing IIFA Weekend

The book LIGHTS CAMERA MASALA is an insider’s look at the glitz, grit and grandeur of Hindi Cinema , the world’s largest film industry. It is a celebration of contemporary Hindi cinema , popularly known as Bollywood. The book documents the fascinating process of making a typical commercial Hindi film through the adventures of a pair of fictitious characters called Vijay and Ravi as they endeavor to make a Hindi film of their own.

Famous film personalities - from seasoned scriptwriters such as the Salim-Javed duo, to celebrated actors such as Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai, and renowned directors like Ramesh Sippy and Karan Johar - all share their experiences and provide fresh insights into film making. Lights Camera Masala also records the stories of the behind-the-scenes people who are such an intrinsic part of the Hindi Film industry machinery - a light boy, a make-up artist, a choreographer among others. Featuring the emergence of stars as brands and culminating with the glitzy IIFA awards, the book is a visual extravaganza.

Sheena Sippy’s stunningly evocative photographs capture the grandeur, grit and madness that is ‘Bollywood’. Luxuriously packaged in an avant-garde design with over-the-top special features, including a fold-out poster and a star studded pinwheel, Lights, Camera, Masala!is a rich tribute to the chaotic, entertaining world of Hindi cinema.

The book has been authored by Naman Ramachandran, a screenwriter, film-maker, film festival programmer and film critic who writes for several publications including the British Film Institute’s prestigious Sight and Sound. Naman is currently attached to several Hindi films, British and American projects as screenwriter and/or director. He divides his time between London, Los Angeles and Mumbai

Beitrag #11 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2006
IIFA 'provokes' Ash to take time off

Paras Tomar
CNN-IBN
Posted Thursday , June 15, 2006 at 16:29

Dubai: Filmmaker Jagmohan Mundhra's Provoked, starring actress Aishwarya Rai was premiered at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards in Dubai on Wednesday night.

Aishwarya, who is shooting for Guru with filmmaker Mani Ratnam, took time off and made it to the 'IIFA weekend Dubai 2006' to attend the premiere and a press conference.

Provoked is inspired by a real life tale of domestic violence and is made on made a budget of about £3.5 million. Provoked will release in India in August.

CNN-IBN correspondent Paras Tomar caught up with Aishwarya Rai.

Paras Tomar: Provoked, which was so well received at Cannes and is now going to be premiered at IIFA shows how much the International forum seems to love you. How do you handle this fan following?

Aishwarya Rai: The international forum has been very warm in their reception of me and I can only thank them.

Paras Tomar: Why do you think the critics from London have been a little bit too critical?

Aishwarya Rai:I think that's fair enough. That is why critics exist. Constructive criticism is always welcome and I think that’s what spurs the creative world. We all live in a very symbiotic system so that's always welcome. Films are made for the audience and this event is special because I managed to get this day off to share this experience with my audience. I am thankful to Mani Ratnam for making this possible.

Paras Tomar: Everyone has got so many expectations from Umrao Jaan, the first highlights for which will be seen this evening. How do u compete with Rekha?

Aishwarya Rai:No I am not competing. She is special, she is fantastic and she is someone I absolutely admire. I have loved watching her work and respect her because it really crosses the spectrum of experience in terms of what an actor can do. Her contribution has been immense so please we cannot even get into comparisons. I have been part of JP Dutta and OP Dutta’s vision here and very gladly been part of a wonderful team that has made a very special film. As JP Dutta puts it – his vision has been the story of Ameera and her journey to become Umrao Jaan. That’s his perspective and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience

Paras Tomar: If I had a matrimonial column of a newspaper, you would be the toughest client. How does the world’s most beautiful woman find the most elegant and cool man?

Aishwarya Rai: Come let’s go and have a chat.

video dazu:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/13059/iifa-provokes-ash-to-take-time-off.html

Beitrag #12 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2006
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/13080/big-bs-dubai-fans-go-berserk.html

Big B’s Dubai fans go B-erserk

It's not only India where superstar Amitabh Bachchan is worshipped. CNN-IBN caught up with some fans going berserk at spotting the Big B at the International Indian Film Academy Awards.

Beitrag #13 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2006
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/13082/fardeens-after-hour-plans.html

Fardeen’s after hour plans

The IIFA venue is not only about films and stars, it’s also the best place to party. With stars swarming in to shake a leg and make merry with their friends, CNN-IBN checked out what Fardeen Khan’s after hour plans were.

Beitrag #14 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
I.I.F.A. Takes Off In Dubai
Day 1: Wednesday, June 14, 2006.
By Taran Adarsh [reporting from Dubai], June 15, 2006 - 09:33 IST

The seventh International Indian Film Academy weekend in Dubai kicked off in an inimitable style, heralding a star-studded four-day spectacular event that promises to dazzle the U.A.E. The crème de la crème of the entertainment industry have started arriving in Dubai and the Grand Hyatt [the guests from Mumbai have been put up here] has turned into one Bollywood party. But, let me add in the same breath, it's a well-guarded fortress, with beefy security men maintaining a strict vigil on visitors, guarding the place from hundreds of fans who have gathered in the vicinity to have a dekho of the stars.

Like every year, Amitabh Bachchan, the Brand Ambassador of I.I.F.A., kick-starts the I.I.F.A. weekend by addressing the global media. “Dubai is an amazing city. There's so much progress and development happening here. You have to dream something and on your next visit, you discover that the dream has turned into a reality,” he says. We endorse the viewpoint!

SANJAY GUPTA ANNOUNCES FIVE FILMS

The I.I.F.A. weekend is the best platform to launch/showcase your films. And Sanjay Gupta has been religiously launching his films at I.I.F.A. Besides launching KAANTE and PLAN, Gupta and his White Feather Films announce five films, post lunch. It's the first major event of the day.

DUS KAHAINYAAN: The film tackles ten different stories, directed by seven directors. “But none are linked to each other,” Gupta tells me at the very outset. Each story is of a 10-minute duration: Lovedale [Soha Ali Khan], Gubbare [Nana Patekar, Samir Dattani], Matrimony [Arbaaz Khan, Mandira Bedi, Sudhanshu Pande], Zenzi [Vivek Oberoi, Tanushree Dutta], Highway [Jimmy Shergill, Neha Dhupia], Zahir [Bipasha Basu, Aftab Shivdasani], Gupshup [Esha Deol], Accident [Anupam Kher], Sex on the Beach [Tusshar Kapoor] and Rise & Fall [Sanjay Dutt and Arjun Rampal].

WOODSTOCK VILLA: After a successful businessman's wife disappears, hostile and taunting ransom demands follow. The film marks the debut of Sikandar [son of Anupam and Kiron Kher] and Neha Uberoi. Two different promos are unveiled on the occasion. Hansal Mehta directs this thriller.

SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA: On a calm summer day in 1991, in the bustling Lokhandwala Complex, five criminals were counting Rs. 70 lacs in a flat, when 286 policemen took strategic positions around their building. A gunfire ensued and the entire nation witnessed the most talked-about daylight encounter lasting six hours that transformed the suburban Mumbai into a virtual war zone. Starring Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Arjun Rampal, Tusshar Kapoor, Arbaaz Khan, Rohit Roy, Sameer Dattani, Shabbir Ahluwalia with Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan, the film also stars real-life cops and gangsters. Apoorva Lakhia directs this real-life story.

ALIBAUG: Nine friends with nothing in common come together for a weekend. Before it's over, they will have broken the rules, bared their souls and touched each other in a way they never dreamed of. Sanjay Gupta turns autobiographical this time. “No violence this time, not even a slap. My friend [pointing towards this writer] criticized me heavily for it the last time in ZINDA,” Gupta announces. He's cast real-life friends, not actors in this film. Manasi Joshi Roy, Mandira Bedi, Gul Panag, R. Madhavan, Rohit Roy, Sameer Soni, Sanjay Suri, Sudhanshu Pande and Sanjay Dutt enact pivotal roles. Himesh Reshammiya scores the music, “but, I promise, I won't make him sing in my film,” Gupta jokes.

CHAMKI CHAMELI: Shyam Benegal directs an epic musical about love, jealousy and betrayal. It's inspired by the classic Spanish opera CARMEN. The film will be shot in Rajasthan. “It's the love story of Dilip Singh, a BSF Jawan and Chamki, a beautiful gypsy girl. “Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra have been signed for the roles in question,” Gupta informs me, although he doesn't announce the two names to the media. “I am also talking to Saif and Ajay for the other key roles,” he adds. A.R. Rahman scores the music.

BIG B, KARAN JOHAR RELEASE BOOK

It's not just films, but books are being launched as well. Amitabh Bachchan and Karan Johar launch 'Lights, Camera, Masala', an insider's look at the glitz, grit and grandeur of Hindi cinema. The book documents the fascinating process of making a typical commercial Hindi film through the adventures of a pair of fictitious characters called Vijay and Ravi, as they endeavor to make a Hindi film of their own.

Famous film personalities -- from seasoned scriptwriters such as the Salim-Javed duo, to celebrated actors such as Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai, and renowned directors like Ramesh Sippy and Karan Johar -- all share their experiences and provide fresh insights into film making.

Beitrag #15 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
*fortsetzung...

Sheena Sippy's stunningly evocative photographs capture the grandeur, grit and madness that is Bollywood. The book has been authored by Naman Ramachandran, a screenwriter, film-maker, film festival programmer and film critic.

ASH'S HECTIC SCHEDULE

Aishwarya Rai makes a flying visit to Dubai. She's shooting non-stop in Chennai [for Mani Ratnam's GURU], but has promised to attend the premiere screening of PROVOKED in the night, besides interact with the media after the screening and also take part in the UMRAO JAAN media launch after the premiere.

But before PROVOKED is screened in Dubai, Ash leaves an imprint of her hand on the I.I.F.A. Wall of Fame for Dubai's Studio City, a state of the art studio. Last year, at I.I.F.A. Amsterdam, a tulip was named after the actress.

Beitrag #16 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
IIFA 2006 Nominees
By IndiaFM News Bureau, May 6, 2006 - 01:30 IST

Best Picture
Parineeta - The Married Woman
Iqbal
Black
Page 3
Bunty aur Babli
No Entry

Direction
Pradeep Sarkar - Parineeta - The Married Woman
Nagesh Kukunoor - Iqbal
Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Black
Madhur Bhandarkar - Page 3
Prakash Jha - Apaharan

Performance in a Leading Role (Male)
Saif Ali Khan - Salaam Namaste
Amitabh Bachchan - Sarkar
Amitabh Bachchan - Black
Saif Ali Khan - Parineeta
Shahrukh Khan - Paheli

Performance in a Leading Role (Female)
Vidya Balan - Parineeta - The Married Woman
Rani Mukherjee - Bunty aur Babli
Rani Mukherjee - Black
Konkana Sen Sharma - Page 3
Preity Zinta - Salaam Namaste

Performance in a Supporting Role (Male)
Sanjay Dutt - Parineeta
Naseerudin Shah - Iqbal
Abhishek Bachchan - Sarkar
Amitabh Bachchan - Bunty Aur Babli
John Abraham - Garam Masala

Performance in a Supporting Role (Female)
Lara Dutta - No Entry
Shweta Prasad - Iqbal
Ayesha Kapoor - Black
Juhi Chawla - My Brother Nikhil
Shernaaz Patel - Black

Performance in a Comic Role
Boman Irani - Waqt
Riteish Deshmukh - Bluffmaster
Akshay Kumar - Garam Masala
Javed Jaffery - Salaam Namaste
Isha Koppikar - Kya Kool Hain Hum

Performance in a Negative Role
Nana Patekar - Bluffmaster
Pankaj Kapoor - Dus
Ajay Devgan - Kaal
Nana Patekar - Apaharan
Amrita Singh - Kalyug

Music Direction
Shantanu Moitra - Parineeta
Vishal & Shekhar - Bluffmaster
Himesh Reshammiya - Aashiq Banaya Aapne
Shankar Ehsaan Loy - Bunty Aur Babli
Vishal & Shekhar - Dus

Best Story
Vidhu Vinod Chopra & Pradeep Sarkar - Parineeta
Nagesh Kukunoor - Iqbal
Sudhir Mishra - Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi

Lyrics
Swanand Kirkire - Parineeta - Piya Bole
Gulzar - Yahaan - Naam Ada Likhna
Sameer - Aashiq Banaya Apne
Gulzar - Kajra Re
Gulzar - Dheere Jalna

Playback Singer (Male)
Sonu Nigam - Parineeta - Piya Bole
Himesh Reshammiya - Aashiq Banaya Aapne - Aashiq Banaya Aapne
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Kalyug - Jiya Dhadak
Aatif Aslam - Woh Lamhe
Shaan & K K - Dus - Dus Bahane

Playback Singer (Female)
Shreya Ghoshal - Parineeta - Piya Bole
Sunidhi Chauhan - Parineeta - Kaisi Paheli
Sunidhi Chauhan - Dus - Deedar De
Alisha Chinai - Kajra Re
Kavita Krishnamurthy - Mangal Pandey - Main Vaari Vaari

Beitrag #17 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
Fotos vom ersten tag der Awards...
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/8531/iifapressconference0fo.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8162/karanamitjiirameshsippy7bt.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/47/still13so.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/6201/still3ehsaan8hl.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2185/still6fardeenkhan1vb.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6720/still7javedakthar6jf.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3004/still10riteishdeshmukh5jf.jpg
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/1040/still16amitjiisheenasippy4pi.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6465/still19qamithjii5nc.jpg
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2929/still28amitabhpressconferense0.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/6807/still299jl.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/9207/still30sunil1vw.jpg
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/8347/still34aish2gq.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7092/still36aish0bx.jpg
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/8064/still39aishsuniljaved1mf.jpg

Beitrag #18 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
I.I.F.A.: Feroz Khan announces ‘Kurbani’
By Taran Adarsh [reporting from Dubai], June 16, 2006 - 09:30 IST

26 years ago, Feroz Khan made QURBANI. He’s all set to remake the blockbuster hit all over again. With a new star cast. And with a new title.

The original starred Feroz Khan, Vinod Khanna, Zeenat Aman, Amjad Khan and Amrish Puri. Now, the new version will star Fardeen Khan [in Feroz Khan’s role], Feroz Khan [in Amjad Khan’s role] and Jackie Shroff [in Amrish Puri’s role]. The remaining two actors are under finalization. Also, the title now begins with a K, not Q. It’s KURBANI.

What prompted Khan Sr. to remake QURBANI? “I was toying with the idea of making QURBANI since the past few years. And I thought that I better make it before someone else does,” the charismatic veteran informs me, “QURBANI was way ahead of its times. The plot, characters, music, stunts… the film pushed the envelope to the next level.” But why did he opt for the letter K, not Q? “So that people can differentiate between the two QURBANIs,” prompt comes the reply.

Khan Sr. has roped in two writers – Puneet Sira and Vekeana Dhillon – to pen the screenplay of the new KURBANI. “I haven’t changed the structure of the story. It’s just that the film will be contemporary, in keeping with the times. Puneet is known to Fardeen, he’s directing him in a film. And I found both Puneet and Vekeana extremely talented writers, both brimming with ideas,” Khan Sr. informs.

Fardeen is enacting the role that was essayed by his father in the original. Comparisons between the father and son would be inevitable. “Yes, that’s bound to be there. It’s going to be tough. But dad had his style of interpreting a role, while I have mine. QURBANI is also amongst my favorite films, so that shouldn’t be a problem,” Fardeen answers.

Khan Sr. hasn’t finalized two more actors for the film. “I am still working on it. Since the film is to be shot at a stretch [India, Bangkok, Dubai, Mauritius], I need to cast actors who have dates to spare and also fit the characters,” he declares.

Khan Sr. has already recorded three songs [music: Anand Raaj Anand] and the first track, the new version of ‘Tujhpe Qurbaan Meri Jaan… Qurbani Qurbani Qurbani, Allah Ko Pyaari Hai Qurbani’ was played for the global media. Also, a showreel of QURBANI was screened, after the conclusion of which Khan Sr. appears on screen and formally announces the remake called KURBANI.

Beitrag #19 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
I.I.F.A.: Kiddies steal the show
By Taran Adarsh [reporting from Dubai], June 15, 2006 - 03:34 IST

Talking of doting parents and the I.I.F.A. weekend in Dubai, Suniel Shetty walked in at the press meet of Sanjay Gupta’s five films with his son Ahaan. And the shutterbugs had a blast clicking the photogenic Ahaan’s pics even while the press meet was in progress.

Another actor who was seen pampering his kid at the lobby of Grand Hyatt in Dubai was Arshad Warsi, who perched little Zeke Zidaan on his shoulders and was seen moving around in the hotel premises. Everyone seems to be chilling out here.

Beitrag #20 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
Karan Johar walks the ramp at IIFA fashion show
IANS [Friday, June 16, 2006]

Dubai, June 16 (IANS) Bollywood biggies like Karan Johar, Feroz Khan, Ayesha Takia and choreographer Shiamak Davar and walked the ramp at a fashion show organised by the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) here Friday.

India's celebrated fashion designers Manish Malhotra and Vikram Phadnis enthralled the audience with their exquisite collections at the World Trade Centre here.

They both tried to outdo each other - if Phadnis flaunted vibrant colours and cuts, with flirty skirts and high boots, Malhotra showcased pure whites with streaks of reds, blues and yellow.

A special collection by Rosyblue's international jewellery designers added extra glamour to the ensembles.

The evening was full of surprises - besides the stars walking the ramp, it saw a unique hand-printing ceremony by IIFA brand ambassador Amitabh Bachchan for the IIFA Wall of Fame.

The handprints will be a permanent fixture at the IIFA Wall of Fame in Dubai Studio City.

Johar had another surprise in store - he interviewed on stage some of his star friends including Anil Kapoor, Lara Dutta and Riteish Deshmukh.

An electrifying performance by British Asian hip-hop stars Hunters, and India's percussion king Sivamani topped the evening.

The make-up department was handled by the world-renowned M.A.C. Cosmetics Company, which brought in more than 17 make-up artists from around the world to style the look for the IIFA fashion showing and the Red Carpet events. Frank Provost gave the models and stars they fabulous hairstyles.

The show was a well-attended affair. Apart from Bachchan, Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar, Anil Kapoor, Riteish, Shilpa Shetty, Nimisha Lamba and Shiney Ahuja were seen at the do.

Beitrag #21 - erstellt: 16. Juni 2006
Salman insists on own choreographer for IIFA show
Subhash K. Jha [Friday, June 16, 2006]

Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) Salman Khan seems to be rather rigid about his current favourite choreographers, Bosco-Caeser, for all his concerts.

After carting them along for the Rock Stars concerts in Britain, US and Canada, the actor has now insisted on the duo for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards show in Dubai Friday.

Evidently, Salman doesn't mind being isolated from his colleagues. Everyone else's performance is being choreographed by Shiamak Davar. Bosco-Caeser will stand out as the guys choreographing Salman exclusive at the IIFA.

Apparently since Salman had no time to rehearse (he returned from the Rock Stars concerts on Tuesday) he needed choreographers who know his body language in and out.

Rehearsals for the main event are on full swing in Dubai. The show's brand ambassador Amitabh Bachchan arrived in Dubai with daughter Shweta Thursday. Wife Jaya and son Abhishek reach Friday, just before the main event.

Abhishek rushes back to Chennai right after the release of the music release of Karan Johar's "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna".

Aishwarya Rai breezed in and out of Dubai on June 14 for the premiere of her film "Provoked". She fielded questions from the press before quickly flying out.

Rani Mukerji arrived in Dubai on Thursday. She is expected to perform an entire item based on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Black" and Amitabh will probably join her on stage.

Preity Zinta, who is rushing through the rehearsals rigorously, will be performing an item based on the Arabian Nights. But the one most nervous and excited is debutant Sikander Kher who's going to perform with newcomer Neha Uberoi to one of the songs from their debut film "Woodstock Villa".

Such is the secrecy surrounding the duo's debut performance on Friday that they weren't allowed to be present at producer Sanjay Gupta's press conference on Wednesday in Dubai.

"All I am doing is rehearsing and chilling out in my room. No partying for me," Sikandar told IANS.

"I don't know how our performance will go. But we have worked really hard. This is not just my first performance but also my first step into showbiz. And to dance on the same stage that has seasoned troupers like Saif (Ali Khan), Salman, Rani and Preity is scary," said Sikandar who is at the IIFA with his mother Kirron Kher.

Beitrag #22 - erstellt: 17. Juni 2006
Aishwarya's rendezvous with Jean-claude at IIFA in Dubai
London: Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai had a rendezvous with a Hollywood hardman Jean-Claude Van Damme in Dubai during the IIFA festival this week.

The ex-Miss World met up with the Belgium martial arts star at the glamorous Bollywood event in the Arab state.

According to organisers, Jean-Claude is "curious" about Bollywood and is keen to get to know the Indian movie industry's top names, reports Hellomagazine.

Rumours are also abuzz, that the action man is keen on the Bride and Prejudice actress joining the international cast of his latest flick Asterix At The Olympic Games, which will premiere to coincide with the 2008 Games in Beijing.

And if the deal gets finalized, the grey-green-eyed beauty'll be starring against actors like Gerard Depardieu and Claudia Cardinale as well as sporting heroes David Beckham and French footballer Zinedine Zidane.

Beitrag #23 - erstellt: 17. Juni 2006
IIFA comes calling to Yorkshire in 2007

Dubai, June 17. (PTI): The 2007 International Indian Film Academy awards will be held in Yorkshire, organisers said on Friday.

The announcement was made during this year's IIFA Weekend here.

This is the second time the annual extravaganza will be travelling to the UK, with the inaugural IIFA held at London's Millennium Dome in 2000.

Since then, the IIFA awards have travelled around the globe with editions in Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Amsterdam and at Dubai this year.
source: the Hindu

Beitrag #24 - erstellt: 17. Juni 2006
List of Winners

BEST PICTURE
Black (Winner)
Bunty aur Babli
Iqbal
No Entry
Page 3
Parineeta

DIRECTION
Nagesh Kukunoor - Iqbal
Pradeep Sarkar - Parineeta
Prakash Jha - Apaharan
Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Black (Winner)

PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE (MALE)
Amitabh Bachchan - Black (Winner)
Amitabh Bachchan - Sarkar
Saif Ali Khan - Parineeta
Saif Ali Khan - Salaam Namaste
Shah Rukh Khan - Paheli

PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE (FEMALE)
Konkona Sen Sharma - Page 3
Preity Zinta - Salaam Namaste
Rani Mukherjee - Black (Winner)
Rani Mukherjee - Bunty Aur Babli
Vidya Balan - Parineeta

PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (MALE)
Abhishek Bachchan - Sarkar (Winner)
Amitabh Bachchan - Bunty Aur Babli
John Abraham - Garam Masala
Naseeruddin Shah - Iqbal
Sanjay Dutt - Parineeta

PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (FEMALE)
Ayesha Kapoor - Black (Winner)
Juhi Chawla - My Brother Nikhil
Lara Dutta - No Entry
Sharnaaz Patel - Black
Shweta Prasad - Iqbal

PERFORMANCE IN A COMIC ROLE
Akshay Kumar - Garam Masala
Boman Irani - Waqt
Isha Koppikar - Kya Kool Hain Hum
Javed Jaffery - Salaam Namaste (Winner)
Riteish Deshmukh - Bluffmaster

PERFORMANCE IN A NEGATIVE ROLE
Ajay Devgan - Kaal
Amrita Singh - Kalyug
Nana Patekar - Bluffmaster
Nana Patekar - Apaharan (Winner)
Pankaj Kapoor - Dus

MUSIC DIRECTION
Himesh Reshammiya - Aashiq Banaya Aapne
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy - Bunty Aur Babli (Winner)
Shantanu Moitra - Parineeta
Vishal and Shekhar - Bluffmaster
Vishal and Shekhar - Dus

BEST STORY
Nagesh Kukunoor - Iqbal (Winner)
Sudhir Mishra - Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Pradeep Sarkar - Parineeta

LYRICS
Gulzar - Dheere Jalna (Paheli)
Gulzar - Kajra Re (Bunty Aur Babli) (Winner)
Gulzar - Naam Ada Likhna (Yahaan)
Sameer - Aashiq Banaya Aapne (Aashiq Banaya Aapne)
Swanand Kirkire - Piyu Bole (Parineeta)

PLAYBACK SINGER (MALE)
Aatif Aslam - Who Lamhe (Zeher)
Himesh Reshammiya - Aashiq Banaya Aapne (Aashiq Banaya Aapne) (Winner)
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Jiya Dhadak (Kalyug)
Shaan and KK - Dus Bahane (Dus)
Sonu Nigam - Piyu Bole (Parineeta)

PLAYBACK SINGER (FEMALE)
Alisha Chinoy - Kajra Re (Bunty Aur Babli) (Winner)
Kavita Krishnamurthy - Main Vaari Vaari (Mangal Pandey)
Shreya Ghoshal - Piyu Bole (Parineeta)
Sunidhi Chauhan - Deedar de (Dus)
Sunidhi Chauhan - Kaisi Paheli (Parineeta)

Beitrag #25 - erstellt: 17. Juni 2006
video :

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/13184/blackout-at-iifa---winners-list.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/fullbvideo.php?id=13142

Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #26 - erstellt: 18. Juni 2006
Bilder der IIFA in einer Zeitung gefunden. Anklicken und schauen:

http://www.indiavarta.com/gallerynew/photos.asp?Topic=162

Beitrag #27 - erstellt: 20. Juni 2006
Shah Rukh Khan disappoints by his absence at IIFA
Dubai, June 19 (UNI): Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is just not called 'King Khan' or 'Bollywood Badshah' for nothing as his absence was sorely felt here at the recent 7th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend.

Even though top stars like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukherji and Preity Zinta were present for the awards presentation ceremony and performed, they could not match the SRK's histronics of entertaining the audiences and interacting with fans while anchoring the awards presentation show.

The star-studded extravaganza during the awards presentation failed to enthuse the audiences. The stars came, performed and left. There was no variety in the performances except of Preity Zinta who danced to the tunes of superhit numbers which had influence of Arabic music, said Vivek Kotian.

Of the few stories carried by the local media about the IIFA weekend, most were critical. Last year, the Dutch press had extensive coverage of the event describing IIFA as 'Bollywood Oscars'.

SRK keeps the audiences engaged with his light, humorous talk and even invites his fans to perform with him on stage, remembers Shalini Patel, who attended the 'Temptations' performance of Shah Rukh in Dubai two years ago.

Fardeen Khan and Lara Dutta did a decent job as comperes of the show. But, they cannot match SRK's star status, she said.

Organisers did not give any reason for Shah Rukh staying away from IIFA except that he was holidaying in London with his family after completing the shooting of Farhan Akhtar's 'Don'.

The Superstar's absence from the mega-event was attributed to his alleged differences with Amitabh Bachchan, who is the brand ambassador of IIFA. Filmmaker Karan Johar, a close friend of SRK, rubbished such talks.

"Such gossip does not deserve even an explanation," Karan, who directed both SRK and the Big B in his soon to be released film 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' (KANK), said.

Abhishek Bachchan, who worked for the first time with SRK in KANK, lamented that he had only three scenes with Shah Rukh in the film. "He is hard working and lights up the screen with his presence," Abhishek said.

Last year in Amsterdam, fans thronged the hotels throughout the day and night where the stars were put up to catch a glimpse of their favourite actors which was not the case here. The frenzy was missing here as star appearances have become a routine.

"There are many shows and events happening here round the year and so the people are used to it," a local journalist said.

Aishwarya Rai, whose performance in Jag Mundhra's "Provoked" was appreciated by film critics here, was visiting Dubai after a decade. She flew in and out of the city within a few hours as she was in the midst of the shooting for Mani Ratnam's 'Guru' in Chennai.

Many Indians living here, majority of whom belong to Kerala, were the happiest to see their icons Mamooty and Mohan Lal in flesh and blood. Both the Malyalam superstars were invited on stage to give away some awards.

The fans were disappointed that Mohan Lal did not acknowledge them but were happy when Mamooty waved at them. What made them even happier was the actor's plaintalk.

Mamooty expressed happiness that IIFA had invited actors from other Indian language films for the awards function and refused to be called a south Indian actor.

"Outside India, we are all Indians. When IIFA calls itself International, they should incorporate the best of films from other languages to compete with Hindi films in different award categories. Indian cinema does not constitute Hindi movies alone," he said to loud cheers from the audience.

But, it is unlikely that the format of awards would see a change in the immediate future as Hindi films are the most popular.

Despite the high cost of tickets and scorching heat even during evenings, the Airport Expo, venue of the awards function on Friday, was jampacked. The prices were ranged between 1200 dirhams, 800 dirhams and 250 dirhams.

Even though majority of Indians working and living here are well-to-do and could afford such tickets, there are many others who live a hand-to-mouth existence in this city of dreams in the gulf, only to save and send few dirhams back home in India.

Sirajuddin, a driver of a "rent-a-vehicle" company whose services were hired to ferry IIFA guests to different destinations here, hails from Kerala. He said he has been working here for the last ten years. He works in shifts, driving a luxury bus through Dubai's roads.

"I get one month off every year to go home. Some times, I take two months holiday in two years. Here, it is just work hard to save money and send it to Cochin to enable my four small sons to study", he said as his eyes turn moist while talking about his family.

Beitrag #28 - erstellt: 20. Juni 2006
*fortsetzung

Shekhar Kumar, an executive in a seven star hotel, hails from Mangalore. "I am living here for the last ten years. My wife too works as a consulant in a private firm here. Savings are difficult here. I am atleast better off because I have certain facilities like free food and travel. But, the condition of masons, construction workers who are brought here as cheap labour by agents is pathetic," he said.

"They are dumped in single rooms along with 25 others, and are given about 600 dirhams per month and not even paid on time. There is strike and road blockadges every month demanding better wages," he said.

A law that minimum wages be fixed at 1000 dirhams is being proposed now. All the massive construction works you see all over here is being done by hiring cheap Indian labour as well as those from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, he added.

He revealed that air conditioners are must in homes here, due to the severe heat during February and September. "Air conditioners bills come to 700 dirhams per month apart from electricity charges. If you are a local, you will have to pay five per cent of the total electricity bill and if you are an outsider, you have to bear the entire bill," he said.

Beitrag #29 - erstellt: 01. August 2006
Weiß jemand von euch, wann dieses Jahr die Filmfare Awards gegeben werde?

Smily "tongue"

---

Beitrag #30 - erstellt: 01. August 2006
Weiß jemand von euch, wann dieses Jahr die Filmfare Awards gegeben werde?

Smily "tongue"

---

Beitrag #31 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
GIFA, 2006 Nominees - Part I
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 08, 2006]

The prestigious GIFA Awards are getting underway today in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Check out the list of nominees and the winners of the critic’s choice awards:

Nominees For The Best Film :

a) Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK) (Karan Johar)

b) Krrish (Rakesh Roshan)

c) Lage Raho Munnabhai (V V Chopra)

d) Omkara (Shemaroo, Kumar Mangat )

e) Rang De Basanti (UTV, Rakesh Omprakash Mehra)

Director :

a) Kunal Kohli (Fanaa)

b) Raj Kumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

c) Rakesh Roshan (Krrish)

d) Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti(RDB))

e) Vishal Bharadwaj (Omkara)

Actor :

a) Aamir Khan (RDB)

b) Ajay Devgan (Omkara)

c) Hrithik Roshan (Krrish)

d) Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

e) Shahrukh Khan (KANK)

Actress :

a) Bipasha Basu (Corporate)

b) Kajol (Fanaa)

c) Kangana Ranaut ( Gangster)

d) Kareena Kapoor (Omkara)

e) Rani Mukherjee (KANK)

f) Alice Patten (RDB)

Actor- Supporting Role :

a) Abhishek Bachchan (KANK)

b) Amitabh Bachchan (KANK)

c) Arshad Warsi (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

d) Atul Kulkarni (RDB)

e) Kay Kay Menon (Corporate)

Actress-Supporting Role :

a) Bipasha Basu (Omkara)

b) Dimple Kapadia (Being Cyrus)

c) Preity Zinta ( KANK)

d) Soha Ali Khan (RDB)

e) Shabana Azmi (15 Park Avenue)

Actor-Comic Role :

a) Anupam Kher (Khosla Ka Ghosla)

b) Boman Irani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

c) Paresh Rawal (Malamaal Weekly)

d) Sharman Joshi (Golmaal-Fun Unlimited )

e) Tusshar Kapoor (Golmaal-Fun Unlimited )

Actor-Villainous Role :

a) Dilip Prabhawalkar (Shiva)

b) Irrfaan Khan (The Killer)

c) John Abraham (Zinda)

d) Naseeruddin Shah (Krrish)

e) Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)

Music :

a) A R Rahman (RDB)

b) Jatin-Lalit (Fanaa)

c) Pritam Chakravarthy (Gangster)

d) Shankar - Ehsan - Loy (KANK)

e) Vishal Bharadwaj (Omkara)

Lyrics :

a) Gulzar (Omkara-Omkara)

b) Gulzar (O Saathi Re- Omkara)

c) Javed Akhtar (KANK)

d) Prasoon Joshi (Roobaroo- RDB)

e) Prasoon Joshi (Chand Sifarish-Fanaa)

Playback Singer (Male) :

a) Shaan, Kailash Kher (Chand Sifarish- Fanaa)

b) Shafqat Amanat Ali (Mitwa- KANK)

c) Sonu Nigam (KANK)

d) Sukhwinder Singh (Omkara-Omkara)

e) Zubin(Ya Ali- Gangster)

Playback Singer (Female) :

a) Alka Yagnik (KANK)

b) Madhushree (Tu Bin Bataye- RDB)

c) Shreya Ghosal (O Saathi Re- Omkara)

d) Shreya Ghosal (Pal Pal -Lage Raho Munnabhai)

e) Sunidhi Chauhan (Beedi Jalai Le- Omkara)

Choreographer :

a) Ahmed Khan (Ashiqui Mein Teri- 36 China Town)

b) Ganesh Acharya (Beedi Jalai Le- Omkara)

c) Farah Khan (Where's The Party Tonight- KANK)

d) Farah Khan (Dil Na Diya -Krrish)

e) Saroj Khan (Desh Rangila- Fanaa)

Beitrag #32 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
GIFA, 2006 Nominees - Part II

Nominees ....

CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS- Director

a) 15th Park Avenue (Aparna Sen)

b) Bas Ek Pal (Onir)

c) Being Cyrus (Homi Adajania)

d) Dor ( Nagesh Kukunoor)

e) Woh Lamhe (Mohit Suri)

CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS- Best Actor (Male)

Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai) - Winner

CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS- Best Actor (Female)

Bipasha Basu (Corporate) - Winner

CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS- Best Actor in a Comic Role

Anupam Kher (Khosla Ka Ghosla) - Winner

Best Debut Director :

a) Homi Adjania (Being Cyrus)

b) Naseeruddin Shah (Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota)

c) Diwakar Banerjee (Khosla Ka Ghosla)

d) Vickram Chopra (The Fight Club)

e) Abhigyan & Abhiman (Sacred Evil)

Best Debut Actor :

Upen Patel (36 China Town) - Winner

Best Debut Actress :

Kangana Ranaut (Gangster) - Winner

Award for Outstanding contribution to Indian Cinema :

Rakesh Roshan

Beitrag #33 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
GIFA, 2006 Nominees - Part III

GIFA - TECHNICAL AWARDS - Winners

Best Story :

Raj Kumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Screenplay :

Renzil D'Silva & Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

Best Dialogues :

Abhijat Joshi, Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

Best Cinematography :

Tassaduq Hussain (Omkara)

Best Editing :

P. S. Bharathi (Rang De Basanti)

Best Sound Design :

Jitendra Chaudhary, Nakul Kamte (Krrish)

Best Background Score :

A. R. Rahman (Rang De Basanti)

Best Art Direction :

Samir Chanda (Rang De Basanti)

Best Action :

Tony-Sui-Ching, Shyam Kaushal (Krrish)

Beitrag #34 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
GIFA, Salman's ticket to Malaysia

Rajeev Masand
CNN-IBN
Friday , December 08, 2006 at 13:57

PLANS AHEAD: Salman says he will surely meet a lot of fans after staying for three days in Malaysia.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) The three-day Globe Indian Film Awards started in Kuala Lumpur on Friday night with the premiere of Baabul.

Actor Salman Khan was there to attend the GIFA but more specifically he was there to attend the premiere of Baabul.

Entertainment editor, CNN-IBN, Rajeev Masand caught up with Salman to know about the actor’s plan while in Malaysia.

Rajeev Masand: Salman you are fast becoming a regular in Ravi Chopra’s films, first in Bhagban and now in Baabul ?

Salman Khan: I think he (Ravi Chopra) likes the way I work and I love him as a person Whenever he comes to me for a film, I without even hearing anything say yes to him because I know that he is sensible man. And after that I hear the script.

Rajeev Masand: Even if it is a small role like that inBhagban as now like in Baabul.

Salman Khan: Baabul is a lot bigger than Bhagban. I have a huge role in the film. I was surprised that my role was big in the film.

Rajeev Masand: But very different from what you have done normally.

Salman Khan: Yes, it is very different.

Rajeev Masand: What exactly drew you to take up the role?

Salman Khan: It was the script. I actually go by the scripts. However, if I like the person that I am working with then even that doesn’t matter because I am sure that person shall come up with a relay nice script.

Rajeev Masand: What is the attraction to come to another to promote your film or do a performance? Is it about the chance you get to meet your fans upfront as you have fans outside India who do not get to see you as often as your fans in Mumbai?

Salman Khan: Since the time I have come here I haven’t met any fans but perhaps I may meet them at the premiere or the concert. I have come to Malaysia earlier but while coming from the airport till here, I saw that it has changed ten folds.

This is a question you should be asking me three days later when I shall actually have seen Malaysia. The last time I saw Malaysia, I thought it was beautiful. I wanted to come back here so I came back.

Rajeev Masand: After Baabul and Salam-e-ishq , are we going to see a lot more new films of yours?

Salman Khan: Yes, I hope so.

Rajeev Masand: Best of luck and we will look forward to them. Thank you.

Salman Khan: Thank you.

video dazu:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27980/gifa-salmans-ticket-to-malaysia.html

Beitrag #35 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
John hogs limelight at GIFA

Paras Tomar
CNN-IBN
Thursday , December 07, 2006 at 23:38

John Abraham's Baabul premiered at Provogue Global Indian Film Awards in Kuala Lumpur.

Mumbai: The arc lights have shifted to Kuala Lumpur as Bollywood stars started pouring in the Malaysian city—the venue for Provogue Global Indian Film Awards.

CNN-IBN correspondent Paras Tomar caught up with a dazzling John Abraham to share his excitement for the big festival.

Paras Tomar:Your latest film Baabul premiered at the Kuala Lumpur Global Indian Film Awards. Does it feel any different seeing your own film premier in a foreign country than what you see in Mumbai amid your ardent Bollywood fans?

John Abraham:Its no big difference at all. It’s the same audience everywhere very honestly. As much as we want to believe that it’s a different audience out there, the more people prove us wrong.

Paras Tomar:Baabul is going to be a very different movie for you. You have this cool biker dude image while here you are playing this nice-boy-next-door that one could take home to mama.

John Abraham: I guess so. It’s the first time I’m playing someone who is probably very nice. But I still miss the biker image really. But I’m sure the film will get me noticed as a nice boy too.

Paras Tomar:What have you been doing in Kuala Lumpur when you are not attending premiers and functions?

John Abraham: Well, I plan to play some soccer tomorrow that’s the only saving grace. I’m not much of a shopper so I haven’t really bought anything for me. But I look forward to taking a chilled break in Kuala Lumpur. It’s a beautiful city really.

video dazu:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27937/john-hogs-limelight-at-gifa.html

Beitrag #36 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
Baabul steals the show at GIFA fest

Associated Press
Friday , December 08, 2006 at 00:17

Kuala Lumpur: Hundreds of screaming Malaysian fans greeted Bollywood heartthrobs Salman Khan and John Abraham at the international premier of their latest movie, which kicked off a three-day Indian cinema extravaganza on .

The Global Indian Film Awards program started with the premiere of Baabul, starring Salman Khan, the Bollywood star who is also hugely popular in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Middle East.

Malaysian fans, mostly ethnic Indians and many Malay women dressed in traditional headscarves, waited for several hours at a cineplex in a shopping complex for Khan, Abraham and other stars to show up.

"John, John! Come here come to me," many women standing behind steel barriers shouted as he and others walked a red carpet to enter the cinema foyer.

While Abraham ambled up to the fence and shook hands with many fans, Khan waved and signed his name on a billboard before going in.

A highlight of Baabul is the title song by Amitabh Bachchan, 63, the doyen of Indian cinema who dominated the screen for several decades as an action hero before taking on more mature roles.

In Baabul he plays the progressive and fun-loving father whose daughter-in-law becomes a widow. Unable to witness her sorrow, he forces the daughter-in-law to remarry, defying an Indian social taboo against widow remarriage.

Bachchan's son, Abhishek, one of the most popular Indian stars today, was also expected to attend the Global Indian Film Awards, which will climax on Saturday with an Oscar-style awards presentation in 32 categories.

The Bollywood stars are set to play a celebrity soccer match with Malaysian artists and government ministers on Friday, followed by a fashion show and charity dinner.

This is the second annual GIFA program. Last year the awards ceremony to honor Bollywood stars was held in Dubai.

Top stars Shah Rukh Khan, Bipasha Basu, Abraham and Priyanka Chopra were expected to be among the 300 Bollywood personalities in attendance, organizers said.

The nominees for the best film this year are Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Rang De Basanti, Krrish and Omkara.

Besides being popular among the Indian diaspora around the world, Indian movies are also followed avidly by people in other countries. In Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, dubbed versions of Indian movies are shown regularly on television.

Indian films are the most widely watched in the world, selling 3.6 billion tickets last year in India alone.

Beitrag #37 - erstellt: 08. Dezember 2006
G.I.F.A.: 'I See You' music launch at fashion show

By Taran Adarsh & Asif Merchant [reporting from G.I.F.A., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia], December 8, 2006 - 01:24 IST

Arjun Rampal and K Sera Sera will have a unique music launch today [Friday, 8th December]. Unlike most music launch ceremonies which look and sound the same, the makers of the film have decided to launch the music during the Provogue fashion show tonite. Sounds interesting, right?

G.I.F.A.: 'Now 'Dus Kahaniyaan' Part 2

By Taran Adarsh & Asif Merchant [reporting from G.I.F.A., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia], December 8, 2006 - 01:18 IST

Sanjay Gupta and Ekta Kapoor of Balaji have joined hands to produce films together. While a detailed report will be up soon, let’s give you a quick lowdown on Sanjay Gupta’s press meet…

Gupta showed the showreel of his soon-to-be-released films, WOODSTOCK VILLA, SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA and DUS KAHANIYAAN. Also present on the occasion were the actors of the film. That’s not all, Gupta also screened an entire 10-minute film [directed by him] from DUS KAHANIYAAN. Must say, the film is truly interesting!

Meanwhile, Gupta also announced to the media that he would continue making sequels to DUS KAHANIYAAN. “My next film is DUS AUR KAHANIYAAN. The format will be the same: Different 10-minute stories, not connected to one another. This concept is close to my heart,” he smiled.

Beitrag #38 - erstellt: 11. Dezember 2006
GIFA awards - A fair mix of winners!

By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

G.I.F.A. Awards 2006 have been declared and the reaction amongst the industry insiders and film lovers is unanimous that it has been one of the most fair award functions ever.

Traditionally it has been observed that one or two biggies are the chosen ones for majority of awards while a couple of other films are kept 'happy' by giving them the critics’ awards. So what happens to smaller or not so popular films? Well, they are not really considered worthy for the awards even if they do have a credential or two in their favor.

Hence it comes as a pleasant surprise to see even films like 'Corporate', 'Golmaal', 'Fight Club' and '36 China Town' getting recognition at an international level. On the other hand biggies like 'Rang De Basanti', 'Lage Raho Munnabhai', 'Krrish' and others share number of awards amongst themselves!

Let's begin with the underdogs first. Who would have imagined that a film like 'Fight Club' would be even noticed; let aside winning an award? But the film has done exactly that as Vikram Chopra gets an award for the best directorial debut for the film. A reasonably decent film with solid action as its highlight, it certainly deserved a better fate at the box office and Chopra getting an award would certainly be a solace for the makers of this multistarrer.

Ditto for Tusshar Kapoor who has been an underdog hero since the time he made his debut years ago in 'Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai'. After playing second and third leads in number of flicks, he has his moment of pride for 'Golmaal' where he was a third lead again (after Ajay Devgan and Arshad Warsi) but eventually walked away with the sole heroine (Rimmi Sen) and now the trophy for the 'Best Actor in a Comic Role'.

Coming to technical awards, it was the year of number of films with great technical finesses, especially in the way they had been shot. 'Rang De Basanti', 'Krrish', 'Fanaa' etc. are some of the biggies that come in mind. Hence it comes as a pleasant surprise to see Tassaduq Hussain get the award for 'Best Cinematography' in 'Omkara'. Truly deserving! That's because after 'Sholay' and to a good extent 'Bandit Queen', 'Omkara' was the film that had the rugged terrain of interiors in Inia appear so menacing!

Equally menacing was Saif Ali Khan in the same film and hence if there is one single award in the entire event that wouldn't raise a single protest, it has to be for 'Best Actor in A Villainous Role'. Langda Tyagi may not have the physical prowess of a Gabbar but when it came to a scheming mind, he would win hands down. Now if only he wouldn't have been killed in the end, Vishal Bhardwaj may already have had a queue of producers outside his house to make a film titled 'Omkara and The Return of Langda Tyagi'!

When it comes to 'returns', sequels had a particularly good year for Bollywood. And 'Krrish' was the biggest success so far (before D2 stole the show during last fortnight) and dividend came in the form of 3 awards - Best Actor [Hrithik Roshan], Best Sound Design [Jitendra Choudhary, Nakul Kamte] and Best Action [Tony-Sui-Ching, Shyam Kaushal]. Though everyone would agree with Best Action and to an extent Best Sound Design too, there is a little surprise to see Hrithik get an award for the Best Actor.

Agreed that Hrithik was good, in fact quite good as Krrish, but weren't there any better performances in the year gone by? Aamir (Rang De Basanti) & Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai) - how about them? Thankfully there won't be many disagreements for Bipasha Basu winning the 'Best Actress' award for 'Corporate' and Abhishek Bachchan stepping on the red carpet for his 'Best Actor in A Supporting Role' in KANK!

Nevertheless 'Rang De Basanti' won't really have any complaints whatsoever since it lead the show with as many as 8 awards. Good to see Soha Ali Khan finally getting some recognition for her act as a 'Best Actress in A Supporting Role'. And yes, when it came to Best Editing [P.S. Bharathi] and Best Art Direction [Samir Chanda], the awards did come as a shot in the arm.

'Rang De Basanti' also got awards for Best Director [Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra] and Best Screenplay [Renzil D’Silva, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra]? Well, that was a given and hence comes hardly as a surprise! When it came to music, the film swept the show with awards for 'Best Music' & 'Best Background score' [A.R.Rahman] and Best Lyrics [Prasoon Joshi (Roobaroo - Rang De Basanti)]. Deserving for sure!

Beitrag #39 - erstellt: 11. Dezember 2006
..fortsetzung...

Also deserving were young Zubin and not-so-young Alka Yagnik getting recognized for their songs 'Ya Ali' [Gangster] and 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' [Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna]. But can one say the same for Upen Patel getting an award as a 'Best Debutant Actor' for '36 China Town'? Probably it was the case of not much competition from any other debutant! Though the same can't be claimed for Kangana Ranaut because competition or no competition, her act in 'Gangster' was truly award worthy!

'Lage Raho Munnabhai' may have got only 3 awards but headed the show with the award that matters most - Best Film [Vidhu Vinod Chopra]. On the writing front, the film was an undisputed leader and it showed when Raj Kumar Hirani & Vidhu Vinod Chopra got the award for 'Best Story' while Abhijat Jolshi & Rajkumar Hirani were unanimous choices for 'Best Dialogues'.

On the other hand Roshan family had one more reason to cheer with Rakesh Roshan getting an award for 'Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema'. Well, the man is indeed taking risks for last half a decade and 'Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai', 'Koi Mil Gaya' and 'Krrish' are good enough examples of that!

A new award for the most searched actor and actress on Internet was devised by GIFA awards. And guess who won it? Shahrukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra! So what if SRK lost it to Hrithik Roshan in the best actor category (though Aamir and Sanjay were anyways front runners), he has one in his shelf now due to the new award category!

Well, an award function can never be complete without SRK getting one for him. Isn't that so?

Beitrag #40 - erstellt: 11. Dezember 2006
Does Bipasha deserve GIFA best actress trophy?
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Monday, December 11, 2006]

Bipasha Basu’s sterling performance in ‘Corporate’ was her best till date. No doubts about that. But can it match the superlative effort put in by Kajol in ‘Fanah’? The answer lies in the question itself. Incidentally Bipasha was present during the recently concluded GIFA Awards in Kuala Lampur yesterday and the organizers found it befitting that the best actress award be given to her instead of say Kajol who was conspicuous by her absence. It’s not the X Factor…but the C Factor (Read Convenience…).

It seems GIFA awards were fraught with gaping bloopers. At many an occasion the trophies kept breaking away, Arbaz Khan and Minisha Lamba goofed up their lines in spite of prominent Tele Prompters and everybody present got some sort of award or the other (Katrina Kaif: Miss Beautiful Lips, SRK and Priyanka Chopra: Most searched stars on internet). And except for Abhishek and Salman’s performance the fizz was missing in the show (SRK opted not to perform due to a torn ligament). Never mind the damp squib…check out the award list anyway…

# Best Actor (Male): Hrithik Roshan (Krish

# Best Actress (Female): Bipasha Basu (Corporate)

# Best Film: Lage Raho Munnabhai

# Best Director: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

# Best Music: A R Rehman (Rang De Basanti)

# Lifetime Achievement Award: Rakesh Roshan

# Best Supporting Actor: Abhishek Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna)

# Best Supporting Actress: Soha Ali Khan (Rang De Basanti)

# Best Actor in a Comical Role: Tusshar Kapoor (Golmaal)

# Best Actor in a Villainous Role: Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)

# Best Debut (Female): Kangana Ranaut (Gangster)

# Best Debut (Male): Upen Patel (36 China Town)

# Best Singer (Male): Zubin Ali (Ya Ali/ Gangster)

# Best Singer (Female): Alka Yagnik (title track/ KANK)

# Best Lyricist: Prasoon Joshi (Rubaru/ Rang De Basanti)

# Best Story: Raj Kumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

# Best Cinematographer: Tasadduq Hussain (Omkara)

# Best Screenplay: Resnil Desilva and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)

# Best Editor: P S Bharthi (Rang De Basanti)

Beitrag #41 - erstellt: 11. Dezember 2006
Bollywood at GIFA 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006 07:57:18 pm

Bollywood held its Global Indian Film Awards 2006 in Kuala Lumpur recently. Although the event kicked off with the premier of the film 'Baabul', Bollywood decided to kick some ball with Malaysian government officials.

The soccer match took place between the Indian team represented by Salman, Arbaaz, Sohail and Rohit Roy and the Malaysian officials. Actor John Abraham was also supposed to be a part of the match but he backed out.

The match took place at the stadium Nasional, Bukit Jalil.

The Indian team fought the ageing Malasyian officials valiantly and even managed to net some goals, winning the much coveted trophy.

After the match, there was a charity fashion show and an auction. GIFA is shaping up to be one of the biggest film events of the year, bigger than this year's IIFA (International Indian Film Awards).

Beitrag #42 - erstellt: 26. Dezember 2006
Nominations for the 13th Annual Star-Screen Awards

Best Film
Krrish (Rakesh Roshan)
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Vidhu Vinod Chopra)
Omkara (Kumar Mangat)
Rang De Basanti (Ronnie Screwvala, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra)
Vivah (Kamal Kumar Barjatya, Rajkumar Barjatya, Ajit Kumar Barjatya)

Best Director
Anurag Basu (Gangster)
Nagesh Kukunoor (Dor)
Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti)
Sooraj Barjatya (Vivah)
Vishal Bharadwaj (Omkara)

Best Actor
Aamir Khan (Rang De Basanti)
Ajay Devgan (Omkara)
Hrithik Roshan (Krrish)
Hrithik Roshan (Dhoom 2)
Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Shahid Kapoor (Vivah)

Best Actress
Aishwarya Rai (Dhoom 2)
Amrita Rao (Vivah)
Ayesha Takia (Dor)
Bipasha Basu (Corporate)
Kajol (Fanaa)
Kareena Kapoor (Omkara)

Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male)
Amitabh Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Arshad Warsi (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Atul Kulkarni (Rang De Basanti)
Kunal Kapoor (Rang De Basanti)
Nana Patekar (Taxi No. 9211)
Sharman Joshi (Rang De Basanti)

Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female)
Gul Panag (Dor)
Kirron Kher (Rang De Basanti)
Konkona Sen Sharma (Omkara)
Ratna Pathak Shah (Yun Hota To Kya Hota)
Seema Biswas (Vivah)

Best Actor In A Negative Role (Male/Female)
Aamir Khan (Fanaa)
Esha Deol (Ankahee)
Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)
Shah Rukh Khan (Don)
Shiney Ahuja (Gangster)

Best Actor In A Comic Role (Male/Female)
Om Puri (Malamaal Weekly)
Ranveer Shorey (Khosla Ka Ghosla)
Shreyas Talpade (Dor)
Tusshar Kapoor (Golmaal)
Uday Chopra (Dhoom2)

Best Background Music
Dor (Salim-Sulaiman)
Fanaa (Salim-Sulaiman)
Gangster (Raju Singh)
Omkara (Vishal Bharadwaj)
Rang De Basanti (AR Rahman)

Best Music
Aksar (Himesh Reshammiya)
Fanaa (Jatin Lalit)
Jaan-E-Mann (Anu Malik)
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy)
Rang De Basanti (AR Rahman)

Best Playback Singer (Male)
KK ('Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai' - Gangster)
Shaan ('Chand Sifarish' - Fanaa)
Sonu Nigam ('Bawri Piya' - Baabul)
Sukhwinder Singh ('Omkara' - Omkara)
Shafqat Amanat Ali ('Mitwaa' - Kabhi Alvida naa Kehna)
Zubin Garg ('Ya Ali' - Gangster)

Best Playback Singer (Female)
Alka Yagnik ('Tumhi Dekho Naa' - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Anusha Manchanda ('Golmaal, Golmaal' - Golmaal)
Rekha Bharadwaj ('Namak Ishq' - Omkara)
Shreya Ghoshal ('O Saathi Re' - Omkara)
Sunidhi Chauhan ('Beedi Jalayale' - Omkara)

Best Lyrics
Gulzar ('Beedi Jalayale' - Omkara)
Javed Akhtar ('Mitwaa' - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Prasoon Joshi ('Subhanallah' - Fanaa)
Mir Ali Husain ('Ye Hausla' - Dor)
Swanand Kirkire ('Bande Mein Tha Dum' - Lage Raho Munnabhai)

---

You can't base your life on other people's expectations.

Beitrag #43 - erstellt: 26. Dezember 2006
Best Story
Gafla (Sameer Hanchate)
Gangster (Mahesh Bhatt)
Khosla Ka Ghosla (Jaideep Sahani)
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Rajkumar Hirani / Abhijit Joshi)
Rang De Basanti (Kamlesh Pandey)

Best Screenplay
Gangster (Anurag Basu)
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Rajkumar Hirani, Abhijit Joshi)
Malamaal Weekly (Priyadarshan)
Pyaar Ke Side/Effects (Saket Choudhary)
Rang De Basanti (Rensil D'Silva, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra)

Best Dialogue
Fanaa (Kunal Kohli)
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Rajkumar Hirani)
Malamaal Weekly (Manisha Korde)
Rang De Basanti (Prasoon Joshi, Rensil D'Silva)

Best Editing
Gangster (Akib Ali)
Lage Raho Munnabhai (Rajkumar Hirani)
Rang De Basanti (PS Bharathi)
Taxi No. 9211 (Aarif Sheikh)

Best Sound
Don (Andrew Belletty)
Gangster (Adil Ali)
Krrish (Jitendra Choudhary)
Omkara (K J Singh)
Rang De Basanti (Nakul Kamte)

Best Cinematography
Anthony Kaun Hai (Hemant Chaturvedi)
Don (Mohanan)
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (Anil Mehta)
Omkara (Tassaduq Hussain)
Rang De Basanti (Binod Pradhan)
Best Special Effects
Alag (EFX - Prasad)
Dhoom 2 (Tata Elexi, Pankaj Khanpur)
Don (Red Chillies VFX)
Jaan-E-Mann (Prime Focus Ltd., Merzin Taveria)
Krrish (Marc Kolbe, Craig Mumma, USA)

Best Art Direction
Don (Aradhana Sheth)
Jaan-E-Mann (Sabu Cyril)
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (Sharmistha Roy)
Omkara (Samir Chanda)
Rang De Basanti (Samir Chanda)

Best Choreography
Dhoom 2 ('Dhoom' - Shiamak Davar)
Don 2 ('Main Hoon Don' - Ganesh Hegde)
Jaan-E-Mann ('Humko Maloom Hai' - Farah Khan)
Omkara ('Beedi Jalayale' - Ganesh Acharya)
Rang De Basanti ('Masti Ki Pathshala' - Ganesha Acharya)

Best Action
Dhoom 2 (Allah Amin)
Don (Sham Kaushal)
Krrish (Tony Ching Siu Tung (Hong Kong), Sham Kaushal)

Most Promising Newcomer (Male)
Siddharth (Rang De Basanti)
Upen Patel (36 China Town)
Vinod Sherawat (Gafla)

Most Promising Newcomer (Female)
Kangana Ranaut (Gangster, Woh Lamhe)
Onjolie Nair (Holiday)

Most Promising Debut Director
Dibakar banerjee (Khosla Ka Ghosla)
Kabir Khan (Kabul Express)
Naseeruddin Shah (Yun Hota To Kya Hota)
Saket Chaudhary (Pyaar Ke Side Effects)

Quelle

---

Beitrag #44 - erstellt: 28. Dezember 2006
cool,danke Djarmila und indira02!Smily "dankedankedanke"

---
^^Klich Mich^^
Bitte,meldet euch hier an:
http://bollywoodforeverco.foren-city.de/
http://srk-kajol.foren-city.de/

Beitrag #45 - erstellt: 07. Januar 2007
Winners: 13th Annual Star-Screen Awards

MUMBAI: Bollywood heart-throb Hrithik Roshan and actress Kareena Kapoor won the Best Actor and Best Actress awards at the 13th Star Screen award ceremony held here on Saturday evening.

Hrithik, who was nominated for his dare-devil stunts in Dhoom 2 and Krrish, won the award for his performance in the latter. Kareena was adjudged the Best Actress for her performance in Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara.

Lage Raho Munnabhai won the Best Film award, while Rakesh Mehra, director of Rang de Basanti, won the Best Director's trophy.

Lage Raho Munnabhai and Rang De Basanti, which had been last year's biggest hits and had won critical acclaim, won six and eight trophies respectively.

Lage Raho Munnabhai won the awards for Best Editing, Best Story, Best Dialogue, Best Actor in Supporting Role (Arshad Warsi), Best critics award for Sanjay Dutt and Best Film.

Rang De Basanti won the awards for Best Sound, Best Background Music for A R Rahman, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Promising Newcomer (Male) award which went to Tamil actor Siddharth, Kiran Kher won the Best Actor Supporting Role (female), Best Director award for Rakesh Mehra, and the Best Screenplay.

Former actress Mala Sinha and Biswajeet were presented Lifetime awards for their contribution to cinema. Ayesha Takia won critics Best Actress award for Door.

Omkara won the maximum awards in the music nominations. He received the Best Music award, while Gulzar received the Best Lyrics award for Bidi jalai le and Sunidhi Chauhan received the Best Playback (female) singer award for the same song. Shaan won the best Playback Singer (male) award for Chand shifarish in Fanaa.

Krrish got the Best Action and Special Effects award, while Shiamak Davar received the Best Choreographer award for Dhoom 2. Being Cyrus won the award for the Best Film in English.

Promising Female Newcomer award went to Kangana Ranaut who debuted in Gangster and Woh Lamhe. Saket Chaudhary won the Best Debutant Director award for Pyaar Ke Side Effects, while the Ramnath Goenka award for Path-breaking Cinema went to Khosla Ka Ghosla.

Shreyas Tarpade won the Best Actor in Comic Role award, while Saif Ali Khan received the award for his performance as a villain in Omkara.

The Star Jodi Number One award went to Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukherjee. Rani collected the award on behalf of the pair, while Hrithik's Best Actor trophy was collected by Rekha, who plays his grandmother in the film.

The three-hour awards presentation extravaganza was marked by sizzling performances by Bipasha Basu, Sahid Kapur, Isha Koppikar, Sunidhi Chauhan and Kareena Kapoor. The highlight of the evening was a surprise appearance of Helen who danced with Kareena to the tunes of Ye mera dil from Don.

Kareena thanked Helen for coming and said it was a dream come true to share the stage with an actress who exuded grace, glamour and style.

Naveen Prabhakar and Raju Shrivastav of the Great Laughter Challenge hosted the show along with Isha Koppikar and Minisha Lamba.
Quelle: SNU

---

Beitrag #46 - erstellt: 23. Januar 2007
Max Stardust Awards Nominations

SUPERSTAR OF TOMMOROW - MALE
Shiney Ahuja (Gangster)
Ranveer Sheorey (Mixed Doubles)
Abhay Deol (Ahista Ahista)
Pravin Dabas (Khosla Ka Ghosla)

SUPERSTAR OF TOMMOROW - FEMALE
Vidya Balan (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Udita Goswami (Aksar)
Katrina Kaif (Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye)
Soha Ali Khan (Rang De Basanti)
Vipasha (I See You)
Kangana (Gangster)

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE - MALE
Shreyas Talpade (Dor)
Purab Kohli (Woh Lamhe)
Ranveer Sheorey (Khosla Ka Ghosla / Pyaar Ke Side Effects)
Upen Patel (36 China Town)

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE - FEMALE
Bhumika Singh (Aap Ki Khatir)
Masumi (Woh Lamhe)
Minissha Lamba (Corporate)
Gul Panag (Dor)
Amrita Prakash (Vivah)

THE NEW MENACE
Deepak Dobriyal (Omkara)
Rehaan Engineer (Bas Ek Pal)
Mridula Chandrashekar (Naksha)
Shaad Randhawa (Woh Lamhe)

HOTTEST FILM - PRODUCERS
Omkara (Big Screen Entertainers, Kumar Mangat)
I See You (Chasing Ganesha, Mehr Rampal)
Being Cyrus (Miracle Films / Serendipity Films)
15 Park Avenue (SPS Films)
Yun Hota To Kya Hota (Cat Films)

HOTTEST YOUNG FILM MAKER
Dibankar Banerjee (Khosla Ka Ghosla)
Homi Adajania (Being Cyrus)
Saket Choudhary (Pyar Ke Side Effects)
Shirish Kunder (Jaan-e-Mann)
Anurag Basu (Gangster)
Sanjay Gadhvi (Dhoom ll)
Onir (Bas Ek Pal)

STANDOUT PERFORMANCE BY LYRICIST
Vijay Akela - Krrish (Dil na diya)
Mir Ali Hussain - Dor (Yeh hausla)
Virag Mishra - Zinda (Zinda hoon main)
Jaideep Sahni - Khosla Ka Ghosla (Chak de phattey)
Nasir Faraz - Krrish (Koi tumsa nahin)
Subrat Sinha - Ankahee (Tumse yoon milenge)

NEW MUSICAL SENSATION - FEMALE
Tulsi Kumar - Chup Chup Ke (Shab-e-firaaq hai)
Rekha Bharadwaj - Omkara (Namak ishq ka)
Anoushka Manchanda - Golmaal (Golmaal golmaal)
Anmol Malik - Umrao Jaan (Agle janam)
Kavita Seth - Gangster (Mujhe mat rokr)

NEW MUSICAL SENSATION - MALE
James - Gangster (Bheegi bheegi)
Neeraj Sridhar - Bhagam Bhag (Bhagam Bhag)
Zubeen Garg - Gangster (Ya ali)
Naresh Lyer - Rang De Basanti (Masti ki pathshaala)
Himesh Reshammiya - Aksar (Jhalak dikhla jaa)

STANDOUT PERFORMANCE BY A MUSIC DIRECTOR
Dhruv Dhalla (Khosla Ka Ghosla)
Vivek Philip (Bas Ek Pal)
Shameer Tandon (corporate)
Mithoon (Bas Ek Pal)
Salim-Suleiman (Dor)
Shibani Kashyap (Zinda)

BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Konkona Sen (Omkara)
Preity Zinta (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Ayesha Takia (Dor)
Ratna Pathak Shah (Yun Hota To Ka Hota)
Sonali Kulkarni (Taxi No. 9211)

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Nana Patekar (Taxi No. 9211)
Abhishek Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Dilip Prabhavalkar (Lage Raho Munnabhai)

BEST ACTOR IN A NEGATIVE ROLE
Shah Rukh Khan (Don)
Boman Irani (Lage Raho Munnabhai / Khosla Ka Ghosla)
John Abraham (Zinda)
Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)
Esha Deol ( Ankahee)

STAR OF THE YEAR - MALE
Shah Rukh Khan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Salman Khan (Jaan-e-Mann)
Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)
Sunjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Hrithik Roshan (Dhoom II / Krrish)

STAR OF THE YEAR (ACTRESS)
Mallika Sherawat (Pyar Ki Side Effects)
Aishwarya Rai (Dhoom ll)
Rani Mukherjee (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Kareena Kapoor (Omkara)
Kajol (Fanaa)

THE DREAM DIRECTOR AWARD
Karan Johar (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Rakesh Roshan (Krrish)
Nagesh Kukunoor (Dor)
Rakeysh Mehra (Rang De Basanti)
Vishal Bharadwaj (Omkara)
Quelle

---

Beitrag #47 - erstellt: 23. Januar 2007
wann ist die verleihung???

---

shahrukh bedeutet auf deutsch:*der mit dem gesicht eines königs* (seine eltern waren wohl hellseher!!)
dicken knutscha an meine buddylist lübz euch!!

Beitrag #48 - erstellt: 08. Februar 2007
ich hoffe das geht jetzt nicht gegen die Kernaussagen Smily "smilesmile" sonst editiere ich es noch.. denn ich habe gehört...

Nominierte für 52. Filmfare-Awards

Bester Film
Dhoom 2
Don
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Krrish
Lage Raho Munnabhai
Rang De Basanti

Bester Regisseur
Karan Johar (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Rakesh Roshan (Krrish)
Rakeysh Mehra (Rang De Basanti)
Sanjay Gadhvi (Dhoom 2)
Vishal Bhardwaj (Omkara)

Beste männliche Hauptrolle
Aamir Khan (Rang De Basanti)
Hrithik Roshan (Dhoom 2)
Hrithik Roshan (Krrish)
Sanjay Dutt (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Shahrukh Khan (Don)
Shahrukh Khan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

Beste weibliche Hauptrolle
Aishwarya Rai (Dhoom 2)
Bipasha Basu (Corporate)
Kajol (Fanaa)
Kareena Kapoor (Omkara)
Rani Mukerji (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

Beste männliche Nebenrolle

Abhishek Bachchan (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
John Abraham (Baabul)

Beste weibliche Nebenrolle

Konkona Sen Sharma (Omkara)
Priety Zinta (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Rekha (Krrish)
Soha Ali Khan (Rang De Basanti)

Beste witzige Rolle

Chunkey Pandey (Apna Sapna Money Money)
Paresh Rawal (Phir Hera Pheri)
Sharman Joshi (Golmaal)
Tusshar Kapoor (Golmaal)

Best Actor in a negative role
Boman Irani (Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Emraan Hashmi (Gangster)
John Abraham (Zinda)
Naseeruddin Shah (Krrish)
Saif Ali Khan (Omkara)

Beste Musik

A R Rahman (Rang De Basanti)
Himesh Reshammiya (Aksar)
Jatin-Lalit (Fanaa)
Pritam (Dhoom 2)
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (Don)
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

Beste Texte
Gulzar (Beedi Jalaile - Omkara)
Javed Akhtar (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Javed Akhtar (Mitwa - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Prasoon Joshi (Chand Sifarish - Fanaa)
Prasoon Joshi (Rubaroo - Rang De Basanti)

Bester männlicher Playbacksänger
Atif Aslam (Tere Bin - Bas Ek Pal)
Himesh Reshammiya (Jhalak Dikhlaja - Aksar)
Shaan & Kailash Kher (Chand Shifarish - Fanaa)
Sonu Nigaam (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Zubin (Ya Ali - Gangster)

Beste weibliche Playbacksängerin
Alka Yagnik (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)
Shreya Ghoshal (Pal Pal - Lage Raho Munnabhai)
Sunidhi Chauhan (Aa Aa Aashiqui Mein - 36 China Town)
Sunidhi Chauhan (Beedi Jalaile - Omkara)
Sunidhi Chauhan (Soniye - Aksar)

Quelle

---
Ich denk an dich, seitdem ich denken kann ...

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #49 - erstellt: 08. Februar 2007
wann werden die filmfare awards verliehen?

---
Neu als Chandni.angemeldet

Beitrag #50 - erstellt: 08. Februar 2007
Also hier steht das Kareena Kapoor den Preis als beste Hauptdarstellerin in Omkara gewonnen hat Smily "silberblick" http://www.kareina.info

---

Meine Crea.
Bin net mehr sooft On
Unsere Contestseite, wir freuen uns über Anmeldungen
Produktempfehlungen

1 2 3 4