Logo
Info
Noch nicht angemeldet? Hier einloggen oder neu registrieren!
Websuche:   

Anmelden

Benutzername:
Passwort:
Angemeldet bleiben

Produktempfehlungen

Kalender

Juni 2017
Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa So
   1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Seite merken

Icon del.icio.us Icon Digg Icon Technorati Icon Furl Icon LinkArena Icon SeekXL.de Icon Yigg.de Icon Webnews.de

Forum - Thema: Interviews und News von Saif Ali Khan

Seite 1 von 13 | »»
Thema: Interviews und News von Saif Ali Khan
Autor Beitrag

Beitrag #1 - erstellt: 28. März 2006
'Being Cyrus' is quirky, dark, indefinable cinema: Saif
Mar 27, 2006
Courtesy: MusicIndiaOnline

For Saif Ali Khan, his forthcoming film "Being Cyrus" is different in many ways. For the first time, he is working in an offbeat project. Unlike his other films, this one is in English, a language he is more comfortable with.

"See, even if it's Hindi, I still learn quickly. But obviously English, which I speak in real life, requires a body language that I understand.

"Fortunately, Homi (Adajania) didn't want me to speak accented Parsi English. I spoke it my own way, maybe with a little exaggerated desi accent," Saif told us in an interview while explaining his comfort level with the language.

In terms of money, "Being Cyrus" was not a profitable venture but Saif did it for the creative satisfaction. However, he doesn't deny that money does play an important role in the selection of films.

Saif warns his fans not to have very high expectations from him in the film because "Being Cyrus" is not a regular movie.

"I must warn people that 'Being Cyrus' is not my regular kind of movie. I have done what I was expected to. If they expect me to do comedy and sing songs like in 'Salaam Namaste' or 'Hum Tum' then they'd be disappointed. I'll be seen without my shirt, though."

Excerpts from the Interview:

You have a very unusual release coming up?

I loved "Being Cyrus". Speaking honestly... whether it's Vishal Bharadwaj's "Omkara" or Homi Adajania's "Being Cyrus", I feel I have gone to a different level as an actor. I may be a little unsure at the beginning of a project. But instinctively I think I am getting it right.

"Being Cyrus" is my first English-language film. It's a different kind of cinema. It's a quality film. It should be evaluated in its own space. It's a quirky, dark indefinable cinema. I am quite proud of it.

People are interested in the film primarily because you are in it?

That sounds like a huge burden to carry around. I must warn people "Being Cyrus" not my regular kind of movie. I have done what I was expected to. If they expect me to do comedy and sing songs like in "Salaam Namaste" or "Hum Tum" then they'd be disappointed. I'll be seen without my shirt, though, ha ha.

It's a bit of a thriller. I say 'bit', because it only took twenty of my shooting days. It's a good little story. And cinematographer Jehangir Chowdhary has shot it amazingly.

Did it allow you to stretch yourself as an actor?

It did, actually. Homi was very insistent on me not being at all posed or filmy.

Homi is also a scuba driver.

He's a lot of things. He wants to show a lot on his CV, I think. I thought he'd be a laidback rugby-playing, beer-drinking kind of guy. But I was quite surprised by his dedication and sincerity as a director.

---

~~~~
~~ No excuses, no apologies, no regrets ~~
Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #2 - erstellt: 28. März 2006
Did you hit it off instantly?

No. Initially he used to irk me somehow, giving instructions like, 'Don't stand like some Bollywood star'. I finally told him this film would get released only in Mumbai gym. That's when the ice broke. We laughed and laughed together.

Homi gave me back something that I had lost. He gave me back my sense of humour. We laughed the way only men do at some jokes. I had a blast with him. I remember I once bent down near him because I had dropped my cigarette. He quipped, 'My God, you aren't touching my feet, are you?' Homi is like that.

Did this film come at a time when you were grappling for the correct grammar of expression?

Not really! I remember I was sitting at Nataraj Studio when Homi came to narrate the script. At that time my first thought was, it would be fun to do a film in a language in which I think. At the same time I also wanted to be part of "Being Cyrus" because it sounded like an interesting and brave effort. I realised there was no money in it.

Is money a decisive factor for selection?

It is certainly one of the factors. Why not? I have seen enough actors trying to live on commitment. It doesn't work. Often actors waste their time doing films that have no impact. There was no money in "Being Cyrus". But I was impressed by the production.

I think today after doing films like "Being Cyrus" and "Omkara" I'd do movies just because I felt they are right. These films allow you to call yourself an actor.

About doing a film in a language that you think in...

See even if it's Hindi I still learn quickly. But obviously English, which I speak in real life, requires a body language that I understand. Fortunately, Homi didn't want me to speak accented Parsi English. I spoke it my own way, maybe with a little exaggerated desi accent.

"Being Cyrus" takes Indian cinema away from the formula.

Yes, it's an entirely new idiom of expression. Because of the multiplexes, directors have more of an opportunity to do things like "Being Cyrus". There are lots of fine actors around who don't get seen enough, for example Konkona Sen, (Sharma) whom I am working with in "Omkara". She's fantastic. It's great if actors work in films they believe in and get seen by enough people.

It is your first off-mainstream film.

Yeah yeah.... I have been offered quite a lot of offbeat films. I know in three minutes if I want to do a film or not. Some of these directors keep asking me even after I say no.

The reputation of being indecisive about selecting roles is a good thing if it keeps away those whom I have said no to. But it doesn't.

Now you have the guts to do the unconventional.

I think "Omkara" and "Being Cyrus" are as different from each other as they are different from conventional cinema. Even "Salaam Namaste" wasn't conventional, though it was mainstream because it was a Yash Raj production.

In the film you get to share screen space with some very accomplished actors.

That was one of the things that attracted me to this project. Boman Irani is a Parsi. I have always got along well with Boman. In fact, I started doing a different kind of acting in an unusual cinema when I did "Darna Manaa Hai" with Boman. We were left to our devices. We enjoyed that piece together.

During "Being Cyrus" Homi made up these stories about what Boman had to say about me behind my back. I didn't speak to Boman for a whole day. Finally Homi owned up he was just kidding. That's Homi for you.

You share quite a relationship with the gorgeous Dimple Kapadia in it.

Yes. She plays this ambitious woman who's married to a loser. She's sexually attracted to a man who comes to work in their home. In an American movie it'd be no big deal.

But in an Indian film?

"Being Cyrus" isn't an Indian film. It's a Parsi film, ha, ha! Just joking.

---

~~~~

Beitrag #3 - erstellt: 28. März 2006
Sharmila & Saif Together

Even as Sharmila Tagore prepares to come together with her daughter Soha Ali Khan in Aparna Sen's Jewellery Box, the enchantress of the 1960s and 70s is about to share screen space with her star son Saif Ali Khan.

The film in question? Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Eklavya.

Confirming the familial confluence Saif says, "Yes Amma does have a role in Eklavya, but we don't have any scenes together. In fact some people believe we're coming together for the first time. Firstly I've no scenes with her. Secondly, we've already shared space in a film before. She played by mom in my first film Aashiq Awara. But again we had no scenes together. Her role finished before I came into the plot."

Saif isn't the first star-beta to have the privilege of having his mom adorn the screen with him. Years ago the legendary Nutan had consented to play her son Mohnish Behl's mother in a tacky film called Yeh Kaisa Farz .

The amazing Jaya Bachchan played her real-life role to Abhishek in a Bengali film Des.

quelle www.santabanta.com

---

~~~~

Beitrag #4 - erstellt: 31. März 2006
Hi Kanta!

Danke für das tolle Interview! Freu mich schon wie blöde auf "Being Cyrus"!
Ach ja, und wünsch mir Glück für die Party heute!!!!!
Alles Liebe - Loleeta

---
I´m Saif`s groupie!

Beitrag #5 - erstellt: 31. März 2006
Dann auch noch mal hier rein!!!!

Saif hat seinen Blinddarm in einer Notoperation rausgekriegt!!!!

Saif Khan hospitalised in Malaysia

Saif Khan, who is in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for an ad shoot, today underwent a successful operation for appendicitis at a hospital here.

The actor underwent the operation at the Gleneagles Hospital after he complained of acute abdominal pain during the shoot of a commercial.

Sources at the hospital say Saif's condition after the emergency operation is satisfactory.

Quelle: InidaFM vom 30.03.2006

---
Alle Rechtschreibfehler sind volle Absicht!
Zusammen ergeben sie eine geheime Nachricht
mit der ich versuche, die Weltherrschaft an mich zu reißen…

Beitrag #6 - erstellt: 31. März 2006
@Atira
Das hab ich auch schon gehört. Er hat eine Blinddarmentzündung und muss (oder musste weiß nicht mehr) operiert werden. Smily "tutmirleid" Hoffen wir mal, dass es ihm bald besser geht!

Beitrag #7 - erstellt: 07. April 2006
Zitat von Atira:
Saif Ali Khan to perform with Preity Zinta at overseas show

Popular Indian actor Saif Ali Khan will join actress Preity Zinta in Bollywood's overseas show that begins Thursday in Dubai, a spokesman said.

Doctors had advised Khan to rest for three weeks after he underwent an appendicitis operation in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last week. But Khan has decided to join the show called Heat that will also tour the United States and Britain.

Khan and Zinta will perform dance routines from their hit movie Salaam Namaste or'Hello, Hello. The show also features performances by actors Akshay Kumar, Sushmita Sen and Celina Jaitley.

Zinta had earlier said she would have to dance alone and drastically change her act since Khan needed to recuperate. Khan was shooting a television commercial in Kuala Lumpur when he complained of acute abdominal pain last week.

"The show would have gone haywire without Saif, so he decided to go ahead and join them," said a tour organizer, who asked not to be named because he wasn't authorized to speak to the media.

The movie stars are headed to the United States after they perform in Dubai. The first two shows are scheduled for San Francisco and Dallas over the weekend. The roadshow moves to Britain next month with Birmingham being the first stop.

Top Bollywood actors often take part in song and dance road shows during the summer that are popular among South Asians living in Canada, Britain and the United States.

Quelle: BollywoodWorld.com vom 07.04.2006

---

~~~~

Beitrag #8 - erstellt: 07. April 2006
da gibts von mir auch gleich einen artikel zu

Saif to strum and hum
By: Sandipan Dalal
April 4, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After his recent appendicitis surgery, Saif Ali Khan is on the road to a speedy recovery as he embarks on a world tour tomorrow with Akshay Kumar, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen and Celina Jaitly.

Putting to rest rumours that Khan would not make it, organiser Abu Malik says, “I had a word with Saif and he will definitely travel and perform with us. It’s a minor surgery that he underwent and he is recuperating fast. Presently, he’s on antibiotics and a light diet. Doctors have said he can resume dancing in a week from now.”

Armed with a guitar

As far as Saif’s act is concerned, a drastic change has been worked out. The actor won’t be prancing for the first two shows in Dubai and San Francisco — he will play a guitar, instead.

Adds Malik, “Saif is too good with the guitar. He will play live on stage and also sing a few lines. He’s a storehouse of talent and in this crisis, we are falling back on Saif, the musican. Too much physical activity will only cause him stress and discomfort.”

Akki-Saif team up

However, co-star Akshay Kumar ruefully says, “It’s unfortunate that I will not be able to match steps with Saif for the first two shows.” Kumar has been looking forward to the world tour.

“It’s after 10 years that we have teamed up again. I’m extremely fond of him and I was looking forward to this experience as we were touted as the next big male jodi after our films Main Khiladi Tu Anari and Yeh Dillagi. I’m glad he’s finally coming along with us.”

He further reveals, “We intend to get back together in a film this year. We were having a conversation the other day and he said, ‘Akshay, we must work together in a film again. Let’s discuss it during our world tour.’ It’s at the very initial stage and we have not been approached by any director so far.”

quelle

---

~~~~

Beitrag #9 - erstellt: 07. April 2006
The fun of not knowing where one is going
After everything from scuba-diving to adventure travel, HOMI ADAJANIA is ready with his directorial debut, Being Cyrus. He speaks to Pratim D. Gupta about the unusual movie and the experience of working with his eclectic cast

Saif Ali Khan in Being Cyrus
You have been associated with offbeat movies like Bhopal Express and Everybody Says I’m Fine. And now there’s Being Cyrus... Are they your kind of films?

Honestly, I never watched too many films as a kid. I loved the old martial arts films, though. What I enjoy is the concept of storytelling and the way the medium of film complements that. I was never intimidated by my lack of technical experience or that I never went to any film school. For me, it’s wholly a personal form of expressing a thought or an idea. I’m not too well versed with the history of film or who has done what. So in terms of directors I enjoy, Pedro Almadovar, Tim Burton, (Martin) Scorsese, and probably Oliver Stone first pop into my head. I assisted Mahesh Mathai (Highlight Films) for a year after college. Then I did various stints involving freelance writing. I went on to become an advanced scuba-diving instructor. Then I did a lot of adventure travel, and then some bizarre jobs as well. I took a fakir to Venice as part of one of the largest international art festivals and scouted cripples and mutants for a very controversial Italian project.

Why an English film? What kind of an audience are you looking at?

The decision was not predetermined at all. I hadn’t planned to make a film, but when I read the story by Kersi Khambatta, I just knew that it would be my first film. It’s difficult for me to tell you what kind of audience I am looking at. This film is not of a specific genre, like say a thriller. I made this film intuitively, so I guess that would translate into making the film for an audience with sensibilities similar to mine — probably the movie-goer who enjoys something unusual.

How did you get such an eclectic cast (Saif, Dimple, Naseeruddin and Boman) for your directorial debut?

The film is about characters. If the cast seems eclectic it’s probably born out of the demands of the story. I think they agreed because I knew exactly what I wanted and conveyed my vision clearly. What was important to me was that the cast knew exactly what they were doing. My producers were very supportive. They created a comfort zone for me by giving me whoever I wanted. I needed everyone to be truly involved and the cast and crew were absolutely fantastic.

How did you convince Saif to do something so offbeat?

Saif has an incredible sensibility as an actor and it was very easy for us to relate to each other. He was great fun to work with, no frills, and we both love taking the piss. He loves doing his commercial Hindi cinema and was willing to break the mould and try something so radically different as an exploration in his craft, I guess.

By making a film on Parsis, are you restricting your viewership?

Being Cyrus does not endeavour to portray the Parsi community in any way religious or cultural. It only uses a Parsi family as an intriguing backdrop against which a universal story is told. It could have well been about a Sicilian, Iranian or Eskimo family for all I care.

Homi Adajania
Naseer says he is tired of playing roles of Parsis. How did you manage to rope him in?

I can’t quite remember, but I don’t think Naseer has played a reclusive dope-smoking retired sculptor Parsi before. Like I said, it’s not about being Parsi. It’s like saying someone is tired of playing a guy! The characters belong to a Parsi family, so that’s the backdrop. I think Naseer agreed because his character and the project were very different.

What was it like working with Saif, Naseer and Dimple?

They are all cool and very professional people to work with. There was a fabulous equality on the sets that allowed for a very productive working environment. Each of them wrapped up in 8-10 days. They brought a lot of energy and for me, it was important that the experience should be good. They made sure it was great.

Your future plans...

Right now, I’m auditing (observing) some acting classes that explore character development and role scripting in New York. This year, I’m planning to work on two very different documentaries as well. I think there’s an otherwise elusive truth that you can grab through the medium of documentary films. I also have two very interesting scripts in the pipeline being written by my co-writer, Kersi Khambatta, though I am open to directing other people’s screenplays. That’s about as much as I can possibly plan for the future. The fun is in not really knowing where the journey takes you.

Beitrag #10 - erstellt: 08. April 2006
Bouncing back: Actor Saif Ali Khan, who underwent an emergency appendix operation in Kuala Lumpur while shooting for a commercial on March 30, performs at a musical show in Dubai on Thursday. Actresses Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen and Celina Jaitley also took part in the show.

die ersten photos von der show am donnerstag in dubai

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8214/saif20804064zt.jpg

http://www.elkekhan.forum-gratis.com/board/index21682923nx11089.htmlquelle

---

~~~~

Beitrag #11 - erstellt: 08. April 2006
Saif auf australische Briefmarke zu sehen

Saif Ali Khan war ein Teil der Mannschaft, die unter anderem mit Rani Mukherjee und der glamourösen Aishwarya Rai die Schlusszeremonie der Commonwealth Spiele kürzlich in Melbourne beiwohnten.

Aber es ist Saif, der seinen Weg in die australische Geschichte mit seiner Darbietung bei den Spielen getanzt hat, weil er der erste Inder sein wird, der auf einer Briefmarke dargestellt wird, die in Australien veröffentlicht wird.

Die 50-cent Marke, die Saif zeigt, ist unter denjenigen, die am 27. März veröffentlicht wurde und sie zeigt ihn auf der Bühne in einer grünen Kurta mit anderen Tänzern.

Rani und Ash hatten nicht solches Glück.

Saif’s Leistung ist sogar nach den Standards der indischen Filmindustrie selten, in dem Sinne, dass nur zwei andere indische Filmpersönlichkeiten im Ausland auf Marken dargestellt wurden: Satyajit Rai und Madhabi Mukherjee.

quelle

---

~~~~

Beitrag #12 - erstellt: 13. April 2006
Ich denke ich sollte jetzt Rosa heiraten: Saif Ali Khan

Saif ist auf der Bühne in LA und wirft Küsschen seinen Fans zu und genießt den neuen Status als abgestempelte große Persöhnlichkeit. Er spricht zu Subhash K Jha…

Q: Saif wie läuft es mit den Konzerten nach der Operation?
A: Es geht mir gut. Ich hat noch Jet –Lag. Viel aufgeführt habe ich bis jetzt noch nicht, so bin ich etwas niedergeschlagen. Sie bezahlen mich gut, also bin ich hier auf der Bühne. Ich muss nicht fürdie Konzerte kommen. Aber ich tats, weil ich wollte. Dies hat Sushmita auf der Bühne erwähnt.

Sie hat etwas sehr cooles gesagt. Sie sagte, dass die Show nicht vollendet wäre wen ich nicht mit gekommen wäre. Ich tanze nicht… Vielleicht spiele ich Gitarre beim nächsten Konzert. Es ist hecktisch herumzureisen. Abe rich bin relaxed.

Q: Fühlst Du Dich schuldig?
A: Ja… AmEnde einer jeden Show fang ich nicht mal an zu schwitzen. Da sieht man wie wenig ich für die Tour mache. Und ich frage mich selbst, was zur Hölle ich tue? Ich habe gesehen wie hart Shah RukhKhan für die Temptation Tour gearbeitet hat.

Ich weiß das es nicht meine Schuld ist, dass ich eine Operation hatte. Aber die da draußen lieben mich wirklich. Wenn ich das Puplikum schreien höre….Wow! Anscheinend finden sie mich sympathisch dass ich in LA aufgetreten zu sein nach der Operation.

Q: Diese Operation war plötzlich!
A: Das kannst Du laut sagen. Es war keine Laser Opeation. Der Chirug benutzte ein Messer auf meinen Bauch. Aber es war eine richtig gute Operation. Ich kann mir keinen besseren Platz vorstellen als Malaysia um krank zu werden.

Das Krankenhaus war unglaublich sauber, wie ein 5 Sterne Hotel. Und nicht teuer. Nicht das das in diesem Moment etwas ausgemacht hätte. Aber als ich das Krankenhaus gesehen habe spielten Rechnungen keine Rolle mehr.

Q: Dein Gesicht wurde auf eine Australische Briefmarke gedruckt…
A: Ich glaub das ist nichts so besonderes. Sie haben nur einen Teil des Moments von den Commonwealth Spielen, und es geschah zufällig, dass ich ein Teil dieses Moments war als die Inder representiert wurden. Ich habe mir die anderen Briefmarken im Internet bei dieser Gelegenheit angeschaut…

Es warnicht so das sie entschieden `Laßt uns Saif ali Khan auf eine Briefmarke drucken`. Es geschah einfach so. Aber ja, Ich bin sehr aufgeregt darüber. Ich habe 50 von dieses Briefmarken bestellt. Ich werde wohl eins in meinem Büro einrahmen. Aber es ist nicht wie bei Satyajit Ray der ausgezeichnet wurde für seinen Beitrag zum Kino, oder so.

Q: Aber die Spielverderber sagen, warum er?
A: Die Spielverderber—Ha, der war gut – haben nicht gemerkt,dass sie einen Indischen Star feiern. Aber den Spirit von Indien. So können diese Spielverderber ihre Giftzähne wegziehen. Aber es macht Spaß. Jemand fragte, warum nicht Rani oder Ash? Ich sagte ich bin viel sexier.

Q: Die Spielverderber sagen auch Du hättest mehr als genug Geld von den Commonwealth Spiele Auftritt bekommen.
A: Erstmal, es war nicht viel. Es war was ein normaler bekommt für einen Auftritt bei einem Fernseh Event. Und wenn sie keine Stars möchten, könnten sie einfache Tänzer haben, für viel weniger Geld. Keiner zahlt dir was für etwas bei dem er denkt du wärst schlecht drin.

Und diese Menschen argumentieren nicht über das Geld. Vielleicht ist das das erste mal, dass wir für ein von der Regierung finanziertes Event bezahlt wurden. Vielleicht stört das einige Leute. Mich nicht.

Q: Hast Due s genossen Bhangra mit Rani Mukherjee zu machen?
A: Oh ja! Es war ei unglaubliches Spektakel. Ich dachte es wäre nur eine gewöhnliche Bühnen Performance. Aber als ich auf die Bühne in Melbourne kam sah ich 800 Tänzer.

Es war das gleiche Spielfeld auf dem mein Großvater und mein Vater Crcket gespielt haben. So war es ein unglaubliches Ereignis… mit unglaublich vielen Leuten.

Q: Mehr Leute als bei deinem Großvater und Vater dort zusammen kamen?
A: Tatsächlich haben sie viel mehr Leute gehabt. Die Australier lieben Cricket.

Q: Bereust Due s noch kein Cricket Spieler geworden zu sein?
A: Nicht mehr. Bis vor kurzem habe ich es bereut. Aber Cricket war nie eine Ernst zunehmende Kariere Option.

Q: Bis vor kurzen wurdest Du noch als Frivoler Hedonist ist Deinem Umkreis bezeichnet.
A: Das bin ich immer noch… OK nicht mehr so sehr. Es wird zeit für mich ernst zu werden.

Q: Ist Rosa mit Dir in LA?
A: Sie war mit mir in England. Ich denke wir sollten heiraten. Meine Mutter denkt wir sollten.

[url=http://www.forum-gratis.com/board/lthema21682923nx11089-1247.html#1247]quelle[/url]

---

~~~~

Beitrag #13 - erstellt: 26. April 2006
Saif, Priyanka to play ball in Germany

The movies based on sports are soon becoming a rage in Bollywood. After SRK's hockey coach avatar now Saif Ali Khan and Priyanka Chopra will be seen together in a film set against a backdrop of soccer.Produced by UTV the film will be shot entirely in Europe during the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Vice-president of UTV, Ram Mirchandani confirms saying:The film is definitely happening. It will have a big star cast, which we are in the process of finalising. We are confident that it is going to be a trend setting film. It will be the cult film of 2007.

In the film, Saif Ali will be seen playing the role of a soccer player. He undergoes many obstacles involving locker room politics. Gradually, he evolves as a better individual.

Priyanka will be playing his love interest in the film. However, Mirchandani claims,We need some more time before zeroing in on the cast. Its a little premature to talk about this yet.

Talks are on

Priyanka Chopra
However, sources close to the actors confirm the news.

Says Chand Mishra, secretary to the actress, She has been in talks with UTV for some time now. In fact, she`s keen on doing the film but has been away in Malaysia as she is shooting for Farhan Akhtars Don. Once she is back, we will know the status. I cannot give you any more details.

Saif Ali Khan will be seen as a soccer player in the film. With the passage of time, he faces many obstacles involving locker room politics.

Gradually, he evolves as a better individual. Chopra, inevitably, plays his love interest. The production house intends to hire premiere league coaches to help the actors get used to the technique and lifestyle of a soccer player.

Is the film based on a real-life soccer legend? Says Mirchandani, an original and novel idea, which has not been lifted from anywhere.

Our scriptwriters, Vikram Motwani and Anurag Kashayp, have done an excellent job. Our only inspiration is the hysteria that football generates across the world.

Quelle: und
http://www.thehimalayantimes.comquelle

---

~~~~

Beitrag #14 - erstellt: 18. Mai 2006
so kantabeen hier hab ich nun mál wieder was für dich....
saif video ..
http://www.bollyvista.com/bollyvistaexclusive/saif.php

Beitrag #15 - erstellt: 24. Mai 2006
Smily "dankedankedanke" indira Smily "dankedankedanke"

Saif Ali Khan’s ‘dark’ secrets
23, May, 2006

Here is an interesting anecdote about the hot-n-happening Saif Ali Khan. Apparently, Saif has a vast collection of sunglasses - about fifty-sixty of them, we hear. Now, the Khan’s hairdresser Aalim, too, has a similar goggle fetish, and the two have often discussed about bartering a few of them.

It’s a different thing they both are extremely possessive about their ‘dark’ passions and never land up exchanging them, but there have been instances when Saif has donned his hairdresser’s sunglasses for ad-films and on posters. Well, here’s one guy who not only takes care of his actors’ hair but also their eyes, huh!

Quelle:
So wie ich's verstanden hab, hat Saif einen Fetisch für Sonnebrillen. Er hat ca 50-60 Stück davon. Sein Haarstylist Aalim scheint diese Leidenschaft mit ihm zu teilen. Saif soll schon Aalims Sonnenbrillen für Werbungen und Poster getragen haben.

http://www.elkekhan.forum-gratis.com/board/index.php?nxu=21682923nx11089quelle

---

~~~~

Beitrag #16 - erstellt: 26. Mai 2006
videoclips zum launch des Kingfisher kalenders ...
http://nowrunning.com/news/slideshow.asp?newsID=5463

Beitrag #17 - erstellt: 26. Mai 2006
Saif Ali Khan says Salaam Namaste
Mansee Dabral, MovieTalkies.com, 8 October 2005

Does all this pre-release hype over Hum Saath-Saath Hain frighten you?
It is expected. That is the business we are in. Some films receive a lot of hype, some don't. Hype is something created automatically when reputed film-makers like the Barjatyas are involved. I have worked with other productions who have tried to create more hype than the Barjatyas, but not succeeded. I feel the audience is interested in watching good movies. In a depressed and repressed country like ours, movies provide an escape from reality. Hence a certain amount of hype for a good movie is expected, it's nothing to worry about.

So are you not even a wee bit nervous?
No. I mean I am a professional actor -- I have been one for the last nine years. Tension and pressure are things we are quite used to dealing with. This job involves a lot of money, it is emotionally taxing and there are lot of other problems which we don't need to bore the public with, but we can deal with them.

How did you bag the role?
I got a phone call from the Rajshris saying that Sooraj Barjatya would like to meet me. So I went over, he narrated the script and asked if I would be interested in doing the film. And I said, 'yes.'

That was it?
Yeah! I think he had seen some of my earlier work and I was told that he was apparently thinking of casting me because I happen to suit his idea of a young, romantic lead. It is the role of a boy who is somewhat protected.

There are around 50 characters in the film -- does it still give you any chance to make a mark?
You will have to see the film and tell me. I am part of a very big film. I am not claiming that it is only about me. But I am happy and privileged that I got the part and I hope I've done justice to it.

Your role, apart from Tabu's, has been touted as the best in the film. Is it true?
I don't know who has seen the film and is going around spreading this news. There is no particularly important character, everyone's role is significant. And the film is amazing in itself. You see the film and decide for yourself. The post-mortem is left to the audience. Everyone has done a great job. But if people like Tabu and me, it is very sweet of them.

How was the experience of working with Sooraj Barjatya?
It was a privilege and a pleasure. I have never worked like this before. It was great fun working in the unit, it was just like a family.

Neelam played your romantic interest in your first film, Parampara and now in Hum Saath... she is your sister.
I don't consider Neelam as my first co-star, I think of Kajol as my first co-star. We were to work in Bekhudi together and then our first hit was Yeh Dillagi. Neelam is a sweet girl and she looks it. But we've never had an equation beyond 'hello' and 'bye.' So I think it was pretty much the same working with her now, except she spoke a little more to me during the making of this film.

Do you interact with your co-stars on the sets?
No, not much. I like to keep the work atmosphere pleasant. I might crack a few jokes and fool around though.

Are you moody?
Sometimes yes. I'd say, I am human. I try not to hurt people, but sometimes when I feel I am not being understood and being treated as a human being. I can't help it. For example, when I hurt myself while shooting for Friends and was lying in a pool of blood, people were taking my photographs.

People don't remember the good things you do, they simply focus on the bad things. I have the reputation of being an arrogant brat. But if people mess around with me, obviously I will be arrogant with them. I don't have a bull's eye on my head that everyone can take a shot at me.

Do you regret doing any films?
Yes, a few of them. But then again, I learnt from them, got paid for them and ran my house with them. Though at times, I wish these were better films.

What are the factors you consider before signing a film?
The script, the director and then the producer. I ask myself: If I weren't acting in the movie, would I still be interested in seeing it?' If the answer is yes, then I go ahead and sign the film.

And how do you feel when your intuition goes wrong?
But you have to do something. You can't just sit idle. Sometimes, you choose the best of what is offered to you. That is life. I have chosen the best of what I have been offered, so you can imagine what the worst must have been. (laughs)

How much does success and failure matter to you?
As much as my job does. Acting is not always about success and failure. I get satisfaction at the end of a hard day's work. But the ultimate satisfaction is when the audience appreciates it. I worked hard in my flop films too, but it is kind of pointless unless it runs. So there is an element of disappointment when the film doesn't do well. But it is okay, one must go on. One has to learn from mistakes and try not to repeat them.

Beitrag #18 - erstellt: 26. Mai 2006
*Fortsetzung ...

Do you consider yourself a misfit in this industry?
Sooraj Barjatya did not think so. What I think doesn't matter. I am here just to do my job. This is not my life, this is my work. There is no set of credentials required to get into this field. As Jackie Shroff once said, 'from a spot boy to a rich man -- anyone can make it here.' So there is no such thing as fitting in. And who is looking to fit in anyway? We are looking to do good work.

Did you ever think of taking up cricket as a career?
I can't play cricket -- well, not as well as Ajay Jadeja. I played a lot of cricket in school. I enjoy the game, it is in my blood. But I didn't want to play club cricket. My dad used to play on a professional level. At least now I'm working with the best in my profession in India.

Tell me about your childhood...weren't you a wild kid?
Yes, very wild (smiles)! But being wild in the '80s was not the same as in the '90s. Earlier, having a couple of cans of beer was wild -- which is no big deal now. We used to party all night and things like that. It was great fun. I was in boarding school in Winchester, England. I remember that there was this good-looking, tough Italian guy in my school. It was my first night in school and he came up to me saying that I am very sweet and chikna and that he wants to sleep with me on the same bed. I was 11 at the time and started crying. Then I realised it was a prank. That was funny. There are so many other such incidents, there was so much freedom over there.

Beitrag #19 - erstellt: 30. Mai 2006
Soha can't fake it, reveals Saif!
by Subhash K Jha

Saif left for a world tour right after the completion of Vishal Bhardwaj's Omkara. "It was organized by Anu's brother Abu Malik with Akshay Kumar, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen and me. It took us through April and May, I wanted it to be really cool.

We went all over the US, and parts of the UK. That tour got me the funds to buy a new place," he says. "Right now Rosa and I are staying at a rented place. We've sort of zeroed-in on a place in Juhu that we want to buy."

Saif also wants to sign new films. "Right now after Vishal's Omkara I only have Siddharth Anand's next. He's been busy writing, so I only have a rough idea of what it's all about. Then Abbas-Mastan's next and also UTV who are keen to start something new.

You know, after Rang De Basanti, where I really enjoyed the first-half, it's time to do some really different work. I remember speaking to Rakeysh Mehra once for something else that didn't grab me."

What about Saif's sister? "Soha is good in Rang De Basanti. She needs to be her own person. But sometimes I get the feeling she feels she has to act a certain way to qualify as a typical heroine. She looks uncomfortable doing that. When she acts calmly and does her delivery and accent her own way, she comes across naturally. She can't fake it."

Soha seeks Saif's advice. "But only in an indirect way. Perhaps I should sit down with her and take more interest in her work. But yeah, I need the time to do so."

Saif feels his life is coming together this year. "I feel much calmer. What's real is real. No duality and lies in my life. I'm more in charge of my life and environment."

Marriage to Rosa is definitely on the cards. "I should think so…yes. I'd like that. I wouldn't like to say when. You'll be one of the first to know. I got into this relationship with that end (marriage) in mind.

It's never been a casual let's-spend-some-time-together kind of bonding. I think some relationships are permanent from the start. A lady had once said to me that whatever relationships I've are meant to culminate in marriage."

So is Saif incapable of frivolous relationships? "I'm sure I am. But I don't want to right now. Frivolities aren't a part of my life right now. I think marrying Rosa is the right thing to do in every way.

She has made some pretty severe changes in her life…like changing her location and the entire environment around her just to be with me. I think it's a huge sacrifice. And it needs to respected."

The new power-packed confident Saif is a change from the yes-no-maybe Saif one used to know. "Well…maybe yes, no maybe," he chuckles.

Beitrag #20 - erstellt: 30. Mai 2006
die hab ich ja total übersehen.....................

indira

---

~~~~

Beitrag #21 - erstellt: 31. Mai 2006
Saif Ali Khan starts the fire again

source: filmfare magazin

He is in a flap, obsessing over his dance steps. Saif Ali Khan is off for another bout of shows on international shores with promoter Abu Malik. Today’s hip and utterly happening Khan drawls, “I wish there was more time for rehearsals, I’ve been living out of a suitcase for over a year now. And it has become virtually impossible to schedule a proper rehearsal routine.”
Life’s been coming up orchids for Khan in the last two years. He’s peaked professionally and found his name alongside the top line roster of stars. “Yet every time there is a world tour I tend to feel slightly pressured,” he states candidly.

On his latest live concert tour titled Heat, Khan will team up with Salaam Namaste co-star Preity Zinta. The other biggies include Akshay Kumar and Sushmita Sen. “Akshay is incredible on stage,” he admits. “So I’ve got to get my act together. And I enjoy working with Preity. She’s cool.”
Veering to the exceptional reviews he managed for his latest flick, Being Cyrus, the actor smiles and says, “Praise always sits well with me. I’m a Leo, I love flattery.”

Gaminely, he flashbacks to the day two years ago when director Homi Adajania approached him for the title role. And remembers his own reservations about the film at that point. “There was a wee bit of hesitation,” he shrugs. “At that point, I was sure I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do a film in a language other than Hindi. And when Homi said Being Cyrus was to be in English, I felt that perhaps this was what I needed. I wasn’t hundred per cent sure though. However, when I read the script, I got quite attracted to it. Speaking English and being able to articulate it for the screen is different though. I was to play a Parsi character and I didn’t want it to be a caricature.”

He’s honest enough to admit that Being Cyrus will not do the kinda business Hum Tum or Salaam Namaste have done. He adds, “This is one film I’m proud of. I’d like to own a DVD of it. And I’d like to keep watching it in my spare time. It’s just the kind of exercise an actor sometimes enjoys. This is a film that makes me feel proud of my art.”

For someone who appears to be the ultimate in cool, this is the second time in an hour that Saif has talked about seeking perfection in everything he now undertakes. “Yeah,” he admits. “Gone is the time when one could just come on a set and start shooting. Now one reads and repeatedly reads a script thoroughly before saying yes to a project. And even once I’ve said ‘yes’ I want to leave nothing to chance. I never again want to associate myself with mediocrity.”

For his leap into the big league, Khan graciously credits Aditya Chopra who trusted him implicitly with the lead role in Hum Tum. Chopra made it possible for him to make that remarkable comeback as an actor of repute and the role fetched him the National Award. “I don’t think of myself as a National Award winning actor even now,” he remarks. “But when I heard some one point it out to Vishal Bhardwaj the other day that Omkara had four National Award winners on the crew, I felt good. It feels nice that today people take me as seriously as they do Vishal Bharadwaj, Ajay Devgan or Konkona Sen Sharma. In all fairness, I’m just as committed to my career as any of them.”

He is loath to discuss “his serious thinking actor image” because he feels “it’s ridiculous to have to announce something like that.” Khan talks of how Omkara has been a terrific experience. “Vishal Bhardwaj is so thorough with what he does. And I’ve really had to strive hard to get my language and the look for my character right. I’ve had to cut my hair short, get the right shade of tan and that slightly rugged look.” For those who came in late, Omkara is Bhardwaj’s take on Othello. Khan proffers, “And it has been shot on this rough Uttar Pradesh terrain with that Sergio Leone treatment. The whole experience of filming, has been terrific.”

After high praise for Omkara, the actor also adds that he has read at least a dozen scripts recently. And he thinks it’s rather unfortunate that he can’t be part of Mani Ratnam’s Guru because he has committed to Siddharth Anand’s next with Rani Mukerji and Abbas-Mustan’s next with Fardeen Khan.

Reacting to his Salaam Namaste director’s statement that he wants Saif in every project of his, the actor smiles, “Well there you go again. Of course, I’m flattered to hear this. I share a fantastic rapport with him. Not to forget that Salaam Namaste is also one of my biggest money-making films.” Khan admits, “There are mounting expectations every time I team up with Siddharth. I guess that’s bound to happen. When a winning actor- director combination gets together, the audience will expect them to raise the bar.”

Beitrag #22 - erstellt: 31. Mai 2006
*fortsetzung...

But he also emphasises, “The expectations don’t put pressures on me. As an actor, I’m required to give my best to every film I sign. Ideally I’d love all my movies to be blockbusters. But what would really be upsetting is if my film is a huge hit and I’m not appreciated in it. My main endeavour is to come up with a performance that I’m truly proud of. There is no room for a lackadaisical approach any more. And I have strived to improve with every film. Be it Hum Tum, Parineeta, Salaam Namaste or Being Cyrus. I was completely dedicated to each of these films. And I’m happy that the critics gave me positive feedback.”

Khan natters that living out of a suitcase has had a downside too. He was in Rajasthan for the second half of 2005 for Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s Eklavya with Amitabh Bachchan. And the first quarter of 2006 saw him stationed in Uttar Pradesh and Wai for Omkara. Besides these films he’s also been traveling extensively to can the six odd commercials that he has recently signed including those for Lenovo and Chevrolet. And now he’s winging off for the world tour.

“I miss my daughter Sara and son Ibrahim like crazy,” he mumbles. “But I don’t want to talk about it. It’s a bit too personal.”

Discussing girlfriend Rosa too is out of bounds because, “So much has already been said.” Yet he admits that there is a calm about him now. “Yes, I’m at peace with myself,” he says.

He’s over the moon about his younger sister Soha Ali Khan’s recent success, Rang De Basanti. “I’m extremely happy for her,” he smiles. And adds, “Soha is intelligent, independent and spirited. And just as I learnt the ropes of the business, I’m sure she will too. I don’t think she’s looking to me for any special guidance. But if she ever needs it, she only has to ask.” Having imparted that bit of brotherly gyan he repairs to practice another round of dance steps. For sure, the actor’s on solid ground. And he’s ensuring that he’ll never be caught on the wrong foot again.

Meena Iyer

Beitrag #23 - erstellt: 31. Mai 2006
Sag mal,Kantabeen,was ist das für ein Clip?

Sieht irgendwie gut ausSmily "top"

Könntest du schnell zurückschreiben?

Smily "dankedankedanke" Smily "dankedankedanke" Smily "dankedankedanke"

---

Beitrag #24 - erstellt: 04. Juni 2006
Saif is extremely menacing in 'Omkara'
Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Saturday, June 03, 2006]

If there is one actor who has turned out to be a find of the decade, it is Saif Ali Khan!

Although he made his debut way back in the early 90s, his real talent has been exposed over last few years as he has turned out to be an ultra dependable and highly versatile actor. Though he has been playing a lover boy with ease [Kal Ho Na Ho, Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste], he has impressed his fans most with his act in films like 'Ek Haseena Thi' and 'Parineeta' where he got to play complex characters.

And now his 'Omkara' seems to be third such film where he seems to have an author backed role of a crook who can go to any distance to cause disturbance between the female he loves and the man who is obsessed with her! Since he plays a 'bhaiyya' character in the film that has its setting in UP, his entire look, attire and body language have gone through a transformation to give him an authentic look.

Moreover, what is noticeable is a touchup given on his face where in addition to a rugged look, he is also seen with a crooked nose that adds on to his eagle-like personality. Undoubtedly he looks menacing and extremely scheming as he enacts a role that could get him all the 'ceetis' and 'taalis' in the film.

Beitrag #25 - erstellt: 04. Juni 2006
Saif Ali Khan, who is staying in a rented place with girlfriend Rosa, says his world tour has got him the funds to buy a new house in the suburbs of Mumbai.

"It was organised by Anu Malik's brother Abu Malik with Akshay Kumar, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen and me. It took us through April and May... I wanted it to be really cool. We went all over the US and parts of the UK. That tour got me the funds to buy a new place," said Saif, who left for the concert right after the completion of Vishal Bhardwaj's "Omkara".

"Right now Rosa and I are staying at a rented place. We have sort of zeroed in on a place in Juhu that we want to buy," Saif told IANS.

Marriage to Rosa is definitely on the cards.

"I should think so... yes. I'd like that. I wouldn't like to say when. You'll be one of the first to know. I got into this relationship with that end (marriage) in mind. It's never been a casual, let's-spend-some-time-together kind of bonding.

"I think some relationships are permanent from the start. A lady had once said to me that whatever relationships I have are meant to culminate in marriage."

So is Saif incapable of frivolous relationships?

"I'm sure I am. But I don't want it right now. Frivolities aren't a part of my life today. I think marrying Rosa is the right thing to do in every way.

"She has made some pretty severe changes in her life... like changing her location and the entire environment around her just to be with me. I think it is a huge sacrifice. And it needs to be respected."

Saif, who has very few films in his kitty, is very keen to take up new projects.

"Right now after Vishal's 'Omkara' I only have Siddharth Anand's next. He's been busy writing, so I only have a rough idea of what it is all about. Then Abbas-Mastan's next and also UTV who are keen to start something new.

"You know, after 'Rang De Basanti', where I really enjoyed the first half, it's time to do some really different work. I remember speaking to Rakeysh (Omprakash) Mehra once for something else that didn't grab me."

What about younger sister Soha?

"Soha is good in 'Rang De Basanti'. She needs to be her own person. But sometimes I get the feeling she feels she has to act a certain way to qualify as a typical heroine. She looks uncomfortable doing that. When she acts calmly and does her delivery and accent her own way, she comes across as a natural performer. She can't fake it."

Soha seeks his advice. "But only in an indirect way. Perhaps, I should sit down with her and take more interest in her work. But yeah, I need the time to do so."

Saif feels his life is coming together this year.

"I feel much calmer. What's real is real. No duality and lies in my life. I am more in charge of my life and environment."

The new power-packed confident Saif is a change from the yes-no-maybe Saif one used to know.

"Well...maybe yes, no maybe!" he chuckled.

- By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #26 - erstellt: 04. Juni 2006
saif interview

For Saif Ali Khan, his forthcoming film "Being Cyrus" is different in many ways. For the first time, he is working in an offbeat project. Unlike his other films, this one is in English, a language he is more comfortable with.

"See, even if it's Hindi, I still learn quickly. But obviously English, which I speak in real life, requires a body language that I understand.

"Fortunately, Homi (Adajania) didn't want me to speak accented Parsi English. I spoke it my own way, maybe with a little exaggerated desi accent," Saif told IANS in an interview while explaining his comfort level with the language.

In terms of money, "Being Cyrus" was not a profitable venture but Saif did it for the creative satisfaction. However, he doesn't deny that money does play an important role in the selection of films.

Saif warns his fans not to have very high expectations from him in the film because "Being Cyrus" is not a regular movie.

"I must warn people that 'Being Cyrus' is not my regular kind of movie. I have done what I was expected to. If they expect me to do comedy and sing songs like in 'Salaam Namaste' or 'Hum Tum' then they'd be disappointed. I'll be seen without my shirt, though."

Excerpts:

You have a very unusual release coming up?
I loved "Being Cyrus". Speaking honestly... whether it's Vishal Bharadwaj's "Omkara" or Homi Adajania's "Being Cyrus", I feel I have gone to a different level as an actor. I may be a little unsure at the beginning of a project. But instinctively I think I am getting it right.

"Being Cyrus" is my first English-language film. It's a different kind of cinema. It's a quality film. It should be evaluated in its own space. It's a quirky, dark indefinable cinema. I am quite proud of it.

People are interested in the film primarily because you are in it?
That sounds like a huge burden to carry around. I must warn people "Being Cyrus" not my regular kind of movie. I have done what I was expected to. If they expect me to do comedy and sing songs like in "Salaam Namaste" or "Hum Tum" then they'd be disappointed. I'll be seen without my shirt, though, ha ha.

It's a bit of a thriller. I say 'bit', because it only took twenty of my shooting days. It's a good little story. And cinematographer Jehangir Chowdhary has shot it amazingly.

Did it allow you to stretch yourself as an actor?
It did, actually. Homi was very insistent on me not being at all posed or filmy.

Homi is also a scuba driver.
He's a lot of things. He wants to show a lot on his CV, I think. I thought he'd be a laidback rugby-playing, beer-drinking kind of guy. But I was quite surprised by his dedication and sincerity as a director.

Did you hit it off instantly?
No. Initially he used to irk me somehow, giving instructions like, 'Don't stand like some Bollywood star'. I finally told him this film would get released only in Mumbai gym. That's when the ice broke. We laughed and laughed together.

Homi gave me back something that I had lost. He gave me back my sense of humour. We laughed the way only men do at some jokes. I had a blast with him. I remember I once bent down near him because I had dropped my cigarette. He quipped, 'My God, you aren't touching my feet, are you?' Homi is like that.

Did this film come at a time when you were grappling for the correct grammar of expression?
Not really! I remember I was sitting at Nataraj Studio when Homi came to narrate the script. At that time my first thought was, it would be fun to do a film in a language in which I think. At the same time I also wanted to be part of "Being Cyrus" because it sounded like an interesting and brave effort. I realised there was no money in it.

Is money a decisive factor for selection?
It is certainly one of the factors. Why not? I have seen enough actors trying to live on commitment. It doesn't work. Often actors waste their time doing films that have no impact. There was no money in "Being Cyrus". But I was impressed by the production.

I think today after doing films like "Being Cyrus" and "Omkara" I'd do movies just because I felt they are right. These films allow you to call yourself an actor.

About doing a film in a language that you think in...
See even if it's Hindi I still learn quickly. But obviously English, which I speak in real life, requires a body language that I understand. Fortunately, Homi didn't want me to speak accented Parsi English. I spoke it my own way, maybe with a little exaggerated desi accent.

"Being Cyrus" takes Indian cinema away from the formula.
Yes, it's an entirely new idiom of expression. Because of the multiplexes, directors have more of an opportunity to do things like "Being Cyrus". There are lots of fine actors around who don't get seen enough, for example Konkona Sen, (Sharma) whom I am working with in "Omkara". She's fantastic. It's great if actors work in films they believe in and get seen by enough people.

Beitrag #27 - erstellt: 04. Juni 2006
*fortsetzung

It is your first off-mainstream film.
Yeah yeah.... I have been offered quite a lot of offbeat films. I know in three minutes if I want to do a film or not. Some of these directors keep asking me even after I say no.

The reputation of being indecisive about selecting roles is a good thing if it keeps away those whom I have said no to. But it doesn't.

Now you have the guts to do the unconventional.
I think "Omkara" and "Being Cyrus" are as different from each other as they are different from conventional cinema. Even "Salaam Namaste" wasn't conventional, though it was mainstream because it was a Yash Raj production.

In the film you get to share screen space with some very accomplished actors.
That was one of the things that attracted me to this project. Boman Irani is a Parsi. I have always got along well with Boman. In fact, I started doing a different kind of acting in an unusual cinema when I did "Darna Manaa Hai" with Boman. We were left to our devices. We enjoyed that piece together.

During "Being Cyrus" Homi made up these stories about what Boman had to say about me behind my back. I didn't speak to Boman for a whole day. Finally Homi owned up he was just kidding. That's Homi for you.

You share quite a relationship with the gorgeous Dimple Kapadia in it.
Yes. She plays this ambitious woman who's married to a loser. She's sexually attracted to a man who comes to work in their home. In an American movie it'd be no big deal.

But in an Indian film?
"Being Cyrus" isn't an Indian film. It's a Parsi film, ha, ha! Just joking.

Beitrag #28 - erstellt: 04. Juni 2006
omkara interview..

Saif Ali Khan is excited about playing a Shakespearean role in "Omkara" - the challenging milieu, look and character, and the thought of deglamourising himself.

In this adaptation of "Othello", Saif plays a role where he has no interaction with women. He terms his role as "impotent" in the film.

In an interview to IANS, Saif speaks extensively about challenges - both in reel and real life. Here are excerpts of the interview:

After looking like a rock star, you look like a UP (Uttar Pradesh) ka bhaiyya in "Omkara".
I am excited because it is an adaptation of Shakespeare and a really good adaptation of "Othello". I feel this one is truer to Othello than Vishal's "Maqbool" was to "Macbeth". Vishal turned "Maqbool" into a falling-in-love-with-the-boss's-wife kind of love story...albeit a marvellous married-to-the-mob take.

You have studied Shakespeare in London?
Yes. The language and look of "Othello" are familiar to me. And I like the way Vishal has transposed them to a local milieu. The biggest challenge for me in "Omkara" is the Uttar Pradesh milieu. It was enriching to shoot there.

I hadn't been to Lucknow since my childhood. It is a slow-paced, relaxed town with lovely food and lovely old houses. Some of the old families know my family.

I met a lot of family friends at Shaad Ali's wedding. The unfortunate part of being a movie star is that you get constant attention. This takes away the pleasure of getting to know people. The atmosphere makes your self-conscious.

Was it tough...and rough?
I knew it would be a rough shoot. But it was a bit of a conscious decision. I did it to remain balanced as an actor. Every film can't be shot in LA, man! All my work was going in only one direction and image. I needed something different like "Omkara".

But being familiar with Shakespeare...is that an advantage?
Not really. Once you are into the script, it doesn't really matter where it came from...only where the narration is going. I have done so many adaptations. I did "Parineeta" my own way. I had never read Saratchandra Chattopadhyay's original.

But in "Othello", I was keen to go back to where Iago came from. He's the first literary psychopath. So, the challenge was the milieu, look and character, and the thought of deglamourising myself.

Beitrag #29 - erstellt: 09. Juni 2006
Shakespeare haunts Saif!
Co-incidences can sometimes be really shocking in Bollywood. Like Saif says, “Mom (Sharmila Tagore) and I were discussing Shakespeare and she said I should do a movie on one of Shakespeare’s plays. She actually said that I should do either Hamlet or Othello. And the very next day Kumarji (Kumarmangat) called and asked if I would like to work in Vishal's interpretation of Othello and I said yes. However, he wanted me to play Iago. I was not so keen on Iago, until he read out the first scene and it was like a western movie. It was so well written. I just agreed on the basis of that first scene! The most attractive thing about the script was that it was a very close adaptation of the original in movement and character.” Not to forget that most of Shakespeare’s plays revolve around co-incidences. Must be the Bard’s unseen hand pushing his plays!

Beitrag #30 - erstellt: 12. Juni 2006
"Meine Beziehung mit Rosa ist keine beiläufige Sache!"

Bollywood Schauspieler Saif Ali Khan denkt über eine Heirat mit seiner italienischen Freundin Rosa nach. Es sind fast zwei Jahre vergangen, dass er sich von seiner Ex-Frau Amrita Singh scheiden ließ und seitdem mit Rosa zusammen lebt. In einem kürzlich gegebenen Interview sagte Saif dass Rosa nicht einfach nur eine lockere Beziehung für ihn ist sondern er sie auch gerne heiraten möchte. Allerdings hüllt er sich in schweigen darüber wann es soweit sein wird.
Bisher lebten die beiden in einer Mietwohnung doch auch das will Saif nun ändern und hat schon ein neues Haus in Aussicht welches er kaufen möchte.
Neue Frau, neues Haus, neues Glück...
India meets Italy
Saif Ali Khan schmiedet Hochzeitspläne. In einem Stardust Interview sprach er von eventuell anstehenden Hochzeit mit Rosa, seiner italienischen Freundin. Er verriet auch, dass indische und italienische Frauen vieles Gemein hätten, was Familie anginge. Momentan arbeitet er an einer indischen Film-Adaption von Shakespeares Othello.

Quelle: indiatarget.com

Beitrag #31 - erstellt: 01. Juli 2006
Saif says it’s difficult to be crude!

Being refined as a person can make it difficult to play crude characters on screen. At least Saif Ali Khan feels that way. Apparently, even though he’s received good reviews from friends about his new look for the role of Iago (called Langda Tyagi in the film) in Vishal Bharadwaj’s adaptation of Othello, the actor didn’t find it easy to fit into the character, especially since it is very different from his real life personality. He not only had trouble with the dialogues due to the dialect, but it was quite a challenge altogether to get into that kind of a character. Saif reveals, “The character is not at all refined. It's a very crude kind of character. It was not something that would come naturally to me. So it’s a very academically challenging role. The character is extremely removed from my own personality - the way he walks, talks, etc., is totally against my own behavior.” And to think he looks so convincing!

source: indiatimes

Beitrag #32 - erstellt: 11. Juli 2006
July 08, 2006
Celebrity Interview: Saif Ali Khan ...

By Arpana, Indo-Asian News Service

New Delhi, July 8 (IANS) With shaven head, yellowing teeth, a ring in one ear and a pronounced limp - Saif Ali Khan essays his most evil character to date in Vishal Bharadwaj's upcoming "Omkara", the Hindi adaptation of Shakespeare's "Othello". And the role has given him the confidence to do tougher roles.

The promos of "Omkara" are out and Saif is looking quite deadly in them as Langda Tyagi, the role of Iago.

When the film offer came, Saif says, he was more than delighted. But then he was very disappointed when Bharadwaj offered him Iago's role as he was keen to play Othello.

"Me and my mom were discussing Shakespeare and she said I should do a movie on one of his plays. She said, 'You should either do 'Hamlet' or 'Othello''. And the next day Vishal called and asked if I would like to work in his interpretation of 'Othello', and I said, 'Yes, of course'," Saif told IANS.

"I was not so keen on Iago but he read out the first scene and it was like a Western movie. It was so well written. I just agreed on the basis of that first scene. The setting is somewhat based in western Uttar Pradesh."

For Saif, who is more comfortable with the queen's language, the dialogues proved quite challenging.

"The dialogues were a challenge due to the dialect. It was a challenge to get into that kind of character, which is not at all refined, but very crude.

"The character is not something that comes naturally to me. It is extremely removed from my own personality. The way he walks, talks and gesticulates are totally against my own behaviour."

Saif's character is called Eshwar Tyagi, nicknamed Langda Tyagi because of the limp.

"My character is disappointed over his not being promoted by Omi (Ajay Devgan, who plays a ganglord). He just destroys people around him. He has an uncanny hold over people around him and just manipulates their lives to his advantage. He uses them and their proximity to him to destroy them. A strong theme in this film is insecurity and jealousy, which is existent in any society."

Saif sports a rural look, and Bharadwaj had to really work hard to convince him to shave off his hair for the role.

"My long hair had to be shaved off. I was quite fond of it. Some scars of mine are made prominent and some others added. My teeth were coloured yellow, I grew a beard, have chapped lips, sport an earring and have a limp.

"The entire dressing style is different. Everything in my role is acted, not at all close to my real personality. In some films I have played a person closer to my nature," said Saif, who established himself as a metrosexual after the success of "Hum Tum" and "Kal Ho Naa Ho".

Saif says his is one of the most evil characters in the film.

"Langda is most lethal, evil, dangerous and Satanic to an extent. He is the nastiest villain of Shakespeare. Some people believe that he is the devil himself. Some who have played Iago had to visit the psychiatrist. He is a psychopath and has no guilt attached to any of his actions."

When asked who is more tragic - Omi or Langda, Saif said: "Omi is definitely more tragic. He is jealous and insecure, believes in lies about one whom he loves. He just ends up killing his wife due to jealousy."

Saif confesses that sometimes he would forget to limp while emoting.

"Sometimes I used to forget to limp because I needed time to come to accept the character. He is a typical rural guy, and I am not! This film has given me the confidence to do tougher roles.

"I know I can do it now."

Saif is highly impressed with his director.

"Vishal is very open, ready to change things if he feels so. He is a writer of calibre. His dialogues are unique and deadly. It is a Western type of movie with a kind of earthy, sweaty and smelly kind of feel to it."

Saif's favourite song in the film is "Bidi jalai le" picturised on Bipasha Basu.

"It has romantic tracks, love songs and also the disco fun. My personal favourite is 'Bidi jalai le'."

Saif and Ajay, who showed great on screen chemistry in "Kachche Dhaage", team up after a long gap in the film.

"I am working with him after 'Kachche Dhaage', in which both our characters were tailor made for us. But in this film it is very different. There is a lot of space between us and we are very comfortable. Ajay is someone I look forward to working with."

Beitrag #33 - erstellt: 14. Juli 2006
Saif looks like Gabbar Singh!

By Vickey Lalwani ©2006 Bollyvista.com

Vishal Bharadwaj says that he wanted Saif Ali Khan to look like Gabbar Singh (of 'Sholay' fame) in 'Omkara'. It was not an easy task to make Saif look ugly, simply because he is an extremely good-looking guy, but Vishal was adamant. He wanted people to get scared after seeing Saif on screen.

When his current girlfriend Rosa saw him in his final get-up, she too liked his crew cut look and the huge glares that he wears.

Beitrag #34 - erstellt: 19. Juli 2006
Saif finds a new home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Bollywood's latest style icon Saif Ali Khan's complete forwarding address cannot be revealed at the moment, but yes, he has found a new home for himself and Rosa in Bandra and will move into it within a week.

"We had to actually pull out of another place that we had almost finalised because the property was under some kind of dispute. In fact, the same property was offered to me again. But I preferred an apartment to a bungalow," Saif told IANS.

"There is no view left in the bungalows of Mumbai. If you are higher up you have a nice open view and also you are spared the mosquitoes, and you can call it a home.

"Earlier I was apprehensive about a high-rise home. I felt you paid so much money for a slab of the sky, which could crumble to the dust at any time and then you own nothing.

"It is crazy, but they charge you so much money for a box on top of another. Still I want an apartment and not a bungalow. It is got something to do with living in Mumbai. Even if I own a bungalow with a garden I don't know how much I'd enjoy sitting in it."

"I think, Inshaa Allah, we'll be moving into our new place within a week. I don't want to give out the location until I move in. I am not superstitious, in fact, defiantly just the opposite. But I don't want anything to go wrong this time with my new home," said Saif.

He has just returned from shooting a potato-chips-advertisement in Jaipur and sounded tired but happy about his new house.

When asked if he was doing a plethora of product endorsements to pay for his new home, Saif said: "I don't know if I am doing too many ads. I don't do films for money. And if the ads pay well and if they complement my image then why not? It is mutually beneficial to both me and the companies that sign me on.

"They do a lot of research before signing me. And if it's the correct brand it offers me a positive visibility. Through my ads I project a personality that brings you closer to the audience. And most of these ads are fun to shoot. But the ads have to play it safe because the client can reject the ad at any given time.

"I wish there was the same transparency in the dealings of cinema."

Eventually, Saif admits his new home was a major reason for endorsing such a large number of products.

"One has to realise one's dreams in ways that are practical and not a compromise. As long as I don't endorse the wrong kind of products I am comfortable doing it."

Beitrag #35 - erstellt: 19. Juli 2006
Bollywood's current heartthrob Saif Ali Khan says his world concert Heat flopped because of lack of rehearsals and innovativeness.

"I have always said preparation for these concerts requires as much care as our films and ads. The concerts need to be more exciting.

"Last time when we had a super-successful show it was with Shah Rukh Khan called Temptations. It was the way he put it together that made it a lot classier than the other shows that I had done," Saif told IANS.

The concert wasn't a big success, but his acting career is going places and Saif is of the view that his performance in "Omkara" will silence his detractors.

"I said yes to 'Omkara' because of the language and script. If people thought I couldn't carry off the stark rustic UP (Uttar Pradesh) lingo and attitude then I had to prove them wrong. A lot of people feel I can only play the rich pampered boy. That has fuelled my desire to prove I can do the unexpected," said Saif.

"What co-stars and directors said didn't matter as much as friends or critics saying I am not capable of playing the male lead, or that I could just be the comedian or the supporting actor."

Excerpts:

The latest world concerts by Bollywood were a disaster. Any second thoughts?
I have always said preparation for these concerts requires as much care as our films and ads. The concerts need to be more exciting. At an average we attract 5,000 people when it ought to be 300,000 tickets. Why? Last time we had a super-successful show - it was with Shah Rukh Khan called Temptations.

It was the way he put it together that made it a lot classier than the other shows that I had done. It was just his stardom. Shah Rukh wanted all of us - Saif, Arjun and the girls (Preity Zinta, Rani Mukerji and Priyanka Chopra) - to be at our best. I think we need to give more time to prepare for these world tours.

You were offered Feroz Khan's "Qurbani"?
I think the timing was wrong. My plate is so full. Siddharth Anand's film requires all my attention. I met Khan sahib in Dubai and apologised. And Fardeen is a friend.

Saying no isn't easy for me. And finally you end up being more offensive than you ever meant to be. Now I have learnt my lesson. I need to make my intentions clearer at the start.

You are shooting for Anand's new film. How is the experience?
It is a Yash Raj Film. So I can't say much about the project. It is designed to be as widely appealing as possible. Working with Anand and Rani is great fun. Anand and I have been bonding from the days of "Hum Tum", which he was associated with. Preity was the new one during "Salaam Namaste".

After "Omkara", Anand's film is a different territory. It generally doesn't take me long to decide whether it is right to do a film.

Anand told me he'd 'never make a film without you'.
That is a refreshing compliment. There are other filmmakers who say the same thing about other actors. But no one has said it about me. I feel inspired. Anand's faith in me kind of wakes me up and gives me the impetus to be one of the fittest heroes in town.

Do you need to lose weight?
Yeah, I have lost some weight due to viral fever. I had recently put on some weight. I need a push from the outside to be competitive again. I become competitive in spurts. That's a Leo trait in me.

I saw portions of Vishal Bharadwaj's "Omkara". It will take you to a completely new level.
I said yes to it because of the language and script. For some strange reason I like to do the forbidden. If people thought I couldn't carry off the stark rustic UP lingo and attitude then I had to prove them wrong. A lot of people feel I can only play the rich, pampered boy. That has fuelled my desire to prove I can do the unexpected.

Is defiance a strong trait in you?
I don't know. Professionally a lot of my energy has come from my detractors.

Earlier co-stars and directors have been unfair to you?
That didn't matter as much as friends or critics saying I am not capable of playing the male lead or that I could just be the comedian or the supporting actor.

You were often compared with Shashi Kapoor.
And that was flattering because he is a great achiever in art, theatre and cinema. I have nothing in common with him except that my mom says we have a similar smile. Shashi Kapoor was classically handsome. I am not. But I can be quite sexy if I want.

Oh yes?
(Laughs) But in "Omkara", I am sexy in a different way. I had seen other actors getting their UP-Bihar accents and attitude right. So why not me? It is not as if my colleagues are from that area of the world. We are all from Mumbai, a city where your language is often corrupted.

When I spend time in my father's hometown Pataudi (in Haryana) or my mother's city Bhopal, I have noticed that their language is similar to what I had to say in "Omkara". I just fell back on my roots.

Beitrag #36 - erstellt: 19. Juli 2006
Did Bharadwaj help you?
Oh yes! He taped the dialogues. I remember jogging in Switzerland while listening to dialogues on my walkman. This role required maximum preparation. After that, it was the easiest role to play. In my other roles all I had to do was to get the clothes and makeup right and then learn the lines.

I think he wanted my character to be a wheezing-singsong evil. That was a style I wasn't too comfortable with. I thought it to be too slimy. I wanted to have my evil character to have a certain dignity and strength.

Bipasha Basu thinks you are very cute?
Does she? I am looking forward to working with her. Though we are working together in "Omkara", I am opposite Konkona (SenSharma). But this word 'cute' is a very safe expression.

Saif expression?
No safe. I'd rather be called plain positive handsome.

There are reports of a rift between you and your lady Rosa.
There is absolutely no truth to it. As far as my objecting to her working goes, I have absolutely nothing against her working. In fact, I have been encouraging her to do so.

So all well in paradise?
All well.

Any last thoughts?
I have to make my own decisions these days about money matters. I never did that before. I have to do that now. It is a matter of concern. I have to stop looking helpless about these things. I am going to be 35 in August. It is time I took stock of my accounts.

Share views about your favourite stars at glamsham forum

Beitrag #37 - erstellt: 21. Juli 2006
Saif Ali Khan and Rani together again
Posted 20 Jul 2006
Written By: Goher Iqbal Punn (Bollywood & TV Analyst)

The dashing Bollywood's blue-eyed boy Saif Ali Khan and the ravishing dusky queen of Hindi cinema Rani Mukherjee, who both rocked in Yash Raj Films' blockbuster romantic comedy 'Hum Tum', are now teaming up together again for another flick of Yash Chopra that will be directed by Siddharth Anand of Salaam Namaste fame director.

As the pairing of Saif and Rani was adored and liked hugely by the cinegoers in 'Hum Tum', it is widely expected that this Jodi will hit the audiences' hearts once again.

Let's hope this time too Yash Raj banner will endow the music buffs with soothing tracks like they usually do and did earlier in Saif-Rani starrer 'Hum Tum' where the popular Bollywood spongy voice vocalist Babul Supriyo allured the souls with his magically delivered title song 'Hum Tum'.

Beitrag #38 - erstellt: 26. Juli 2006
'I thought I would look like an idiot'

July 25, 2006

Saif Ali Khan has one of the most interesting characters in Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara, an adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello. It explains why his co-stars, Ajay Devgan and Bipasha Basu, would rather have his role!
Saif plays Langda Tyagi, a man compelled by jealousy to hurt the people closest to him. The National Award-winning actor tells Patcy N more. Excerpts:

I was shooting for Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Eklavya, which is similar to Shakespeare's Hamlet. My mother (Sharmila Tagore) called and we were speaking about Shakespeare when she casually mentioned I should do Othello. I soon found out that Vishal Bharadwaj was adapting it and wanted to meet me. I was surprised by the coincidence.

Vishal wanted me to play Iago. I wasn't sure about doing a negative role because films are about selling dreams and being larger than life. When you can be a hero, why play something designed to upset people? He then narrated the first scene, and I heard the language. I felt it would be a challenge to place a Western theme in a rural setting.

Beitrag #39 - erstellt: 26. Juli 2006
Saif Ali Khan in talks to play in World Cup-inspired film
New Delhi, July 26 (AP): World Cup fever may have ended, but Bollywood is just warming up to soccer as the new hot theme at the box office.

Film director Vivek Agnihotri has zeroed in on popular actor Saif Ali Khan to play the lead in his new venture, the aptly titled ``Goal,'' a news report said.

``It's basically a social drama with (soccer) as the background,'' Agnihotri was quoted as saying in the Delhi Times newspaper on Tuesday.

But Agnihotri denies he's trying to cash in on the World Cup mania that gripped millions in India last month.

``I was toying with the idea for a long time and after the World Cup decided to go ahead with it,'' he said.

The director said he is in talks with Khan to set dates for shooting the film. ``We are talking to him and keeping our fingers crossed,'' Agnihotri said.

Agnihotri's debut Hindi film titled, ``Chocolate,'' a thriller set in London, earned mixed reviews last year.

Khan, the son of former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and former actress Sharmila Tagore, tasted box office success after several years in Bollywood. His string of hit movies include ``Dil Chahta Hai'' (What the Heart Wants), ``Parineeta'' (The Wife), ``Hum Tum'' (Me and You) and ``Salaam Namaste'' (Hello, Hello).

Beitrag #40 - erstellt: 20. August 2006
Saif Ali Khan's dental woes

Bollywood Trade News Network

Agreed that OMKARA has taken Saif Ali Khan to a different level. He has won rave reviews for the same and people just don't seem to get enough of Chote Nawab. The man did everything to get into the skin of Langda Tyagi a.k.a Iago. He chopped his tresses and even chewed lots of paan to turn his sparkling teeth yellow. Little did he know that he'd have to go to the orthodontist to get those stains cleaned. But his meticulous efforts have not gone in vain. Every pain was worth it!

Well they just don't say no pain no gain!

Beitrag #41 - erstellt: 01. September 2006
Saif Ali Khan - The underrated Bollywood Khan

Den Artikel und ein Bild von Omkara gibt es unter:
http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/19645.aspx

Kann den leider hier nicht einstellen, da auf der Seite ausdrücklich steht, nur mit schriftlicher Genehmigung.

---

Lesestoff zum Herunterladen

Beitrag #42 - erstellt: 21. September 2006
Erst hieß es sie wollen heiraten und jetzt:

Haben sich Saif und Rosa getrennt ?
21.September2006

Ärger im Paradies braut sich zwischen Saif Ali Khan und seiner Freundin Rosa zusammen. Es gibt starke Anzeichen, dass das Paar am Rand einer Trennung sein kann.
Vor ein paar Monaten hatte IndiaGlitz berichtet, dass Saif die Idee von Rosa nicht mochte, eine Karrierefrau zu sein. Dinge wurden unter den Teppich gekehrt. Aber als Rosa in Mumbai ohne Saifu von New York zurückkam (Saif dreht dort für Tara 'Rum von Nikhil Anand Pum'), fingen die Zungen an zu wackeln. Es wird gesagt, dass das Paar einen riesigen Streit in New York hatte, das Rosa nach Mumbai zurückkam, um ihre Taschen einzupacken und zu gehen.
Rosa sagt, dass sie zurück ist, weil sie ihre Yoga-Klassen verpasste. Das ist eine Entschuldigung, die nicht viel Wasser hält. Wie verlautet hat Saif auch Probleme mit der Gegenspielerin-Rani Mukherjee auf den Sets vonTara Rums Pum' gehabt, und sie hätten sich so übereinander geärgert, dass sie auch in getrennten Hotels leben. Es scheint, dass Saifu sein 'Langda Tyagi' Schurken-Spiel von 'Omkara' ein winziges Bit auch im echten Leben zu ernst nimmt.

IndiaGlitz wird Sie aktuell über irgendwelche Entwicklungen im Saif-Rosa Beziehungsstatus informiert halten.

Quelle: Indiaglitz

Quelle: bollywoodmagic.fore-city.de

Quelle: http://www.forum-gratis.com/board/index.php?nxu=21682923nx11089

---

~~~~

Beitrag #43 - erstellt: 25. September 2006
No showdown with Rani, says Saif
Sep 25, 2006

Mumbai, Dismissing rift rumours, actor Saif Ali Khan clarifies that neither girlfriend Rosa nor co-star Rani Mukerji are at loggerheads with him.

"What's this about a showdown with Rani? Am I mad to have a showdown with her? I mean, come on! Rani and I have shared a cordial professional relationship ever since we did 'Hum Tum' together. That film will always remain special to me. It was my first solo-hero hit," says the "Omkara" star.

"I won't say Rani and I are close friends. But we connect really well on the sets. We do our work together and move in different directions after-hours," Saif told IANS on phone from New York where he is shooting for Siddharth Anand's "Tara Rum Pum".

So where did these rumours come from?

"When I arrived in New York, I stayed with the rest of the 'Tara Rum Pam' unit in the same hotel. But when Rosa joined me, I wanted us to live in an apartment. I feel that's the only way to get to know a city.

"As soon as Rosa and I moved into an apartment news spread that Rani and I were staying in separate hotels. That's truly dumb, man. The last thing we need on a foreign location is the principal lead's tantrums. And do you think we can get away with a showdown in front of the whole unit? We'd had the details of the slaps and punches pasted on the Internet," he says.

Humour intact, Saif gets into grimmer ground.

"I've heard rumours about Rosa and me splitting and that she has gone back home to Mumbai before me because of our fights. We're doing well for ourselves as a couple. Do we need these rumours to come and spoil things between us?

"I guess every relationship conducted in the limelight is subjected to such scrutiny. I can take that. But it gets a bit annoying when we need to time our comings and goings according to the way people would respond to our movement," says Saif.

So where are the rumours coming from?

"Search me! Probably from people who need to get a life. We can't help it if people think our relationship is in trouble. The fact is we're very happy together," he shrugs.

Talking about Anand's "Tara Rum Pum", he says: "It's going really well. I think Siddharth has another winner on his hands after 'Salaam Namaste'. It feels wonderful to be part of cinema so different from one another, like 'Omkara' and 'Tara Rum Pum'."

Quelle http://www.bollywoodworld.com/news/bwnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1159180211&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

---

~~~~

Beitrag #44 - erstellt: 28. September 2006
Mir scheint, die amerikanische Presse ist ähnlich gut informiert wie die deutsche Smily "zornig"
--------------------------------------------------

I'm too classy to be thrown out: Saif
By: Upala KBR
September 28, 2006

Saif Ali Khan

Saif Ali Khan found himself at the receiving end of negative publicity recently, when the American paper The New York Post reported that he had thrown attitude in a local bar after pack-up on Siddharth Anand's Tara Rum Pum.

The Chote Nawab is upset about the report and is even considering legal action against the paper.

Says Saif, "It's not true. The bar owner, Imtiaz, is Indian and insisted on buying me a drink. He took photos and asked me to come back as his guest anytime. He even asked me to come back for free drinks! I posed for pictures with him and his cousins."

There were reports that Saif had been thrown out of the bar. Saif rubbishes the reports. "It was all nice. I don't want to be written about as this brat, which I am not. These baseless rumours have repercussions. I have never behaved badly or been asked to leave any place anywhere. I am too classy for all that," he says saucily, in typical good humour.

But why would a newspaper write something like that? Says Saif, "I'm considering taking legal action against the paper. The article is slanderous and completely baseless."

Tara Rum Pum's line-producer from USA, Prashant Shah adds, "There are 700 films being shot in New York, but Tara Rum Pum is the biggest Bollywood film being shot here.

Somebody is trying to create mischief. They made it sound as if we were only partying there, whereas everybody is working really hard. The Madame X bar closes at midnight, so we couldn't have partied there the whole night. We were there till 9 pm."

Kya hua us raat?

So what happened that night? Says Prashant, "We were shooting in SoHo in downtown New York, and Madame X is very close to that.

Being good friends of ours, the owners asked us to come over for a drink. Imtiaz offered Saif a drink but he insisted on paying for it, saying Imtiaz is running a business. But Imtiaz insisted saying that Saif was a big celebrity and they don't allow celebs to pay."

The bartender of Madame X has been quoted in The New York Post. Says Prashant Shah, "He couldn't have said that as he was very happy with the handsome tip that Saif left him. Since Imtiaz wouldn't take money from him, Saif tipped the bartender generously. When we called up the Post and complained, they said it was an error."

Das ist wohl ein Auszug aus dem Artikel, der für den Ärger verantwortlich ist. Mir scheint, die haben da ein wenig die Namen verwechselt:

Bad boy antics

According to the Page Six gossip column section written by Paula Froelich and Bill Hoffman, the New York Post wrote last week, Bollywood bad boy Saif Ali Khan has brought his troublemaking act to the Big Apple, squabbling with his co-star during the shooting of his new film on the Lower East Side and irritating the staff at the Madame X lounge. Khan, the son of a famed cricket king and Indian screen siren, is facing charges of poaching an endangered deer in his native India and has a reputation for doing as he pleases.

He and the crew of his new film, Tara Rum Pum, have been shooting on Orchard Street by day and living it up by night. The other night, the hunky millionaire and some pals stopped in at Madame X on Houston Street.

A bartender there said Khan copped an attitude while throwing back shots of tequila and downing rum and cokes. "He acted like he owns this joint," said the barkeep.

The New York Post is owned by Australian-born billionaire Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

Quelle

---

Lesestoff zum Herunterladen

Beitrag #45 - erstellt: 29. September 2006
Saif, your ma's looking for you

Sharmila Tagore complains about Saif's incorrigible ways, especially his habit of disappearing from her life

Subhash K Jha

Sharmila Tagore has reason to complain against her son Saif Ali Khan. "When I send an SMS to my daughters Saba and Soha, they reply immediately. Saif is impossible. He gets in touch with me at 3 in the morning when he's in trouble. But when I want to get in touch with him, he's nowhere to be found," she says.

"But you can't hold grudges against Saif for too long. He'll charm you within moments," she adds.

With Saif growing into a fine actor, Sharmila Tagore is a proud mother. She says, "I think everyone got an anxious SMS from Saif when he first heard that he would have to shave his head for Omkara. And then he proceeded to do exactly what he wanted. I advised him against shaving his hair. But he went ahead and did it… However it really worked. After I saw Omkara I asked Vishal how he had managed to get all that violence into Saif."

Sharmila shares a closer rapport with her daughter Soha than Saif. "Soha isn't threatened by my criticism. The first thing I do when I meet her is to berate her for plucking her eyebrows. She doesn't like it. But she takes it in her stride. She says I'm her worst critic, but she knows it comes from a good place," she says.

Soha had earlier shown no inclination to act in movies, says Sharmila, adding, "But after working in a bank for a while, she wanted to act. And my husband and I didn't discourage her. She's dealt quite well with hurtful criticisms like, 'You look like your mother and you have the acting talent of your father'."

Sharmila continues, "Come to think of it, Saif had to go through worst barbs when he entered the industry. To a large extent he has paved the way for Soha. As a mother I'm happy they're working, making a living and trying to make sense of their lives. Hopefully they'll evolve into better people. If they flounder and fall we're always there to support them. But every generation has to learn from its own mistakes. What worked for me may not work for them. Parents often believe they know best. I'm not very sure."

Sharmila and Soha will be seen together in Aparna Sen's next. "The project will happen once the finance is in place. I love my character in it. If it's made I'll have fun doing it. It's a very culture-specific drama, about three different generations of Bengali women and what jewellery means to them. For my character, it means better bargaining power in the household. For the second generation, jewellery is an investment. For the third generation, it funds a vision," Sharmila says.

Beitrag #46 - erstellt: 29. September 2006
Saif Ali Khan’s king sized squabble with Rani Mukherjee in New York!

New York, Sept 25: Bollywood hunk Saif Ali Khan stirred up trouble in New York city by reportedly squabbling with his co-star Rani Mukherjee and also vexing the owner of Madame X lounge.

Saif who is in the Big Apple for the shooting of his film Tara Rum Pum apparently threw his weight around at the posh bar after downing shots of Tequila.

Buzz is also around that Khan and Murkerjee, have reportedly asked their producer for rooms at separate hotels so they don't have to see each other off the set.

The other night, the hunky millionaire and some pals stopped in at Madame X on Houston Street. A bartender there said Khan copped an attitude while throwing back shots of tequila and downing rum and Cokes.

"He acted like he owns this joint," the owner was quoted by the New York Post, as saying. (ANI)

Hoffe das es nicht schon mal gepostet worden ist. Quelle: news.sawf.org/Bollywood/21971.aspx

---

See ya...

Beitrag #47 - erstellt: 30. Oktober 2006
I am no superstar: Saif Ali Khan

An talented actor who after years of being saddled with thankless roles decided to break away and show, what he is really made of. In the last two-years Saif Ali Khan has delivered not only a string of hits but also a bunch of credible performances that put him at the top of his league.

CNN-IBN Entertainment Editor Rajeev Masand speaks to the star about his journey to the top.

Rajeev Masand: Let me start with an offensive question first. You spend very little time in India these days. You are either travelling or shooting abroad. And when in India, you are seen mostly shooting for ad films, doing lots of endorsements for big brands. It seems you are on an endorsement spree to just grab some money and run. Is that true?

Saif Ali Khan:
Not really. I would rather make money doing some prestigious top-level brand endorsements. I do not make too much money from movies. And my focus is not just to make money. I do films because I love them. I do a script and work with a production house simply because I love being an actor. I am not just looking at the financial gains but its got more to do with doing something substantial by way of films or even endorsements for that matter.

I feel lucky to have got the opportunity of doing big endorsements. I know that it will not last forever and that all these projects might not always come my way. But I just hope it lasts for a few more years. Perhaps I won’t take the money and run but would rather gracefully accept the money and walk away.

Rajeev Masand: You have been on a roll work-wise. Your solo films Parineeta,Salaam Namaste, Being Cyrus and most recently Omkara have done quite well at the box office. Tell me, does success tastes any different now?

Saif Ali Khan: I think you get things only when you are ready for them. When I wasn’t successful, I had many fantasies about how things would be like when I become successful. I think one of the best things about being successful is the lack of pressure in terms of competition from other actors.

---

Beitrag #48 - erstellt: 30. Oktober 2006
I have done solo films, and the most wonderful aspect was that I was free to do my own bit. In my past films, I often felt inferior to the people I was working with. That feeling of inferiority somehow played on my mind and affected me slightly. I only hoped to get out of that slot and do better things on my own.

Some two-three years ago, I got a clear idea in my mind that I wanted to play a character that would be urban and new. I wanted to play someone who can is more of a character than a hero. I wanted to play this guy who is not western but is just a normal guy living in Melbourne or Amsterdam. And then I played exactly similar characters in Salaam Namaste and Hum Tum.

Rajeev Masand: You also played such character in Being Cyrus.

Saif Ali Khan: Being Cyrus is slightly different. I think it was more of an artistic sort of whim. Though it was an amazing production. There is another world out there of alternate cinema, which works on low budget but is great cinema with really well organized crews and teams. That was also something that I enjoyed doing.

Rajeev Masand: Is that the reason why people were so pleasantly surprised with Omkara where they see an actor that they have perceived largely as this ‘hip urban guy’ suddenly take a u-turn with a film set in the Indian heartland.

Saif Ali Khan: Yes, that was the plan and I think it worked. Its nice to balance things out by doing films like Omkara. That is how people are in a large part of our country. These kinds of films are not surreal but they have got more to do with a different kind of reality. Though it has got little to do with absolute real life and emotions.

Hum Tum made me look like a new hero. It did not look like someone I had played before. There was something about the character that looked right and fitted all the parameters of Hindi cinema. But at the same time had newness to it because it had me playing it.

We have taken the same thing forward with Salaam Namaste and to a lesser extent with my latest film Tara Rum Pum as well.

Rajeev Masand: What are the benefits that success allows you today? Something that you did not have some 5-7 years ago?

Saif Ali Khan: I think, confidence and freedom of choice are a few things that I have now. The freedom to take a couple of months off and to be able to say that ‘I won’t do this project because I choose to spend the time with my family’ is something that is possible now. Actually I am just beginning to be successful and it has got to do more with luck and guidance. I think I still have a long way to go.

---

Beitrag #49 - erstellt: 30. Oktober 2006
Rajeev Masand: You play guitar, don’t you?

Saif Ali Khan: Yes I do. In High school it was compulsory for each one of us to take up a music instrument. And I took up guitar. I loved guitar-oriented music whether it was classical or rock. I thought it would be a fun to learn and then I started thoroughly enjoying it. I recently performed with Parikrama, which is a fantastic group. We are planning more of such concerts in late December in about four cities. I think that should be exciting.

Rajeev Masand: Do you feel powerful with your guitar? Like when you performed on stage was it a big thrill?

Saif Ali Khan: When you are actually playing live, it is a different ball game all together. It is a tremendous experience. If you are just pretending to play, you can feel like a rock star. But if you are actually playing, it’s a special feeling. Its not like when you are acting, but rather a very humbling experience. You feel like you have created an artistic field around yourself. Similarly I feel that doing theatre would really be expanding horizons.

Rajeev Masand: So do you plan to take up theatre?

Saif Ali Khan: Not really. I don’t see myself doing Hindi theatre and with all due respect to the English theatre, I don’t see much relevance of it in India. The audience is limited and even if you are great you perhaps won’t be noticed that much. You have a limited amount of time to spare, and you would certainly want to spend that doing films. You need to manage time between work and family and have a bit of a private life. Doing a play would perhaps be too time consuming.

Rajeev Masand: When you go for holidays do you prefer big cities or the country?

Saif Ali Khan: I like both and I’m very fortunate that either I adapt very quickly or my work suits what I happen to want. We were in New York for about a month and half. Just as it was getting crazy, we were shifted to Bedford, which is just an hour away from the New York City. It is full of lakes and trees.

I didn’t go back to the city even on day offs. It was really nice. I am slowly becoming a country person with good company around or even alone. But, yes there have been a lot of big cities in my life recently.

Rajeev Masand: Do you crave for anonymity sometimes? I asked Preity Zinta this question and she said that she really wants to be left alone and not be recognized all the time. I asked Shah Rukh Khan the same question and he said he would be clueless if people didn’t recognize him. Would you also like to be left alone sometimes?

Saif Ali Khan: I think I have that amount of anonymity to a certain extent. We are not world famous in any possible sense. It also depends where you go. Usually only Bangladeshis, Indians or Pakistani people recognize you.

I probably take it more seriously when there are other stars around. When you are at a premier or a public place signing autographs, I want my share of stardom at that time. But generally if I’m with my daughter in a mall, and some kind of a scene gets created, I have to alter my thinking to not loose my temper and say ‘leave me alone’ kind of things.

---

Beitrag #50 - erstellt: 30. Oktober 2006
I am a very private person and I do get a little intrusive because of that. Unfortunately you have to get rude when things are getting out of hand. At times at a press conference or somewhere else, things do get out of hands. It’s a stampede sometimes with people literally jumping on to you. Sloppiness does get me a little tense when it gets rowdy and noisy.

At times it’s not even worth answering a question because people can hardly hear you. But of course you have to remember that all that would be seen would be your face. You wish if only people could see what is happening behind the camera they would perhaps understand. To incessantly answer your question, I love my job and I love doing it.

And of course I appreciate that stardom has opened so many doors. We all are so privileged. I am very grateful to everyone for it, but do I crave anonymity? Perhaps I’m not famous enough to crave for something like that.

Rajeev Masand: Do you think of yourself as a role model for your kids?

Saif Ali Khan: Yes. I am a role model for them whether I think of myself as one or not. Everything that I do, somewhere down the line both of them will base what they want and what they don’t want on what I’m like. Whatever you do, you are going to make a deep impression as a parent. Whether you give helpful guidance to them or not, it remains a fact that they will look up to you.

Rajeev Masand: So do you have mind your Ps and Qs for that?

Saif Ali Khan: I think I am quite well mannered in that sense. But sometimes kids see you in situation when you are getting a bit too much of attention. I do scowl at times.

My father is a role model for me. He never looses his cool. He is a true gentleman in a very dignified sense. My sister and my mother always tell me to look up to my father in tense situation. They tell me that when in doubt I should look at my father how he would react in a situation like this. I would like to set similar example for my kids.

Rajeev Masand:
Of the two of your kids, who is the more spoilt one?

Saif Ali Khan: I spoil both of them equally. Its weird because both my kids Sara (daughter) and Ibrahim (son) have such distinct natures. Sara came first by a couple of years. She is six years elder to my son. She is already a young lady now. Right now Ibrahim is obsessed with Count Dracula.

He plays cricket and many other games. His mum has enrolled him in Karate classes so I have been going there to catch some of his action. His favourite sport is cricket. I read out stories to them and its fun to expose them to my childhood heroes. I tell them about things like Treasure Island and the stories that I have read as a kid.

---

Produktempfehlungen

1 2 3 4 ... letzte Seite »

Sie sind nicht eingeloggt
Bevor Sie sich aktiv an den Diskussionen in diesem Forum beteiligen können müssen Sie sich an unser System anmelden! Sollten Sie noch keine Login-Daten besitzen, können Sie jetzt ein neues Benutzerkonto erstellen!

Neue Beiträge
 Keine neuen Beiträge

Nicht angemeldet?
Mit Benutzernamen und Passwort anmelden:

Angemeldet bleiben
Passwort vergessen? | Neues Benutzerkonto erstellen