Logo
Info
Noch nicht angemeldet? Hier einloggen oder neu registrieren!
Websuche:   

Anmelden

Benutzername:
Passwort:
Angemeldet bleiben

Produktempfehlungen

Kalender

Juni 2019
Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa So
     1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Seite merken

Icon del.icio.us Icon Digg Icon Technorati Icon Furl Icon LinkArena Icon SeekXL.de Icon Yigg.de Icon Webnews.de

Forum - Thema: Interviews und News von Abhishek Bachchan

«« | Seite 2 von 10 | »»
Thema: Interviews und News von Abhishek Bachchan
Autor Beitrag

Beitrag #51 - erstellt: 28. November 2006
Die Gerüchteküche brodelt weiter... Smily "smilesmile"

'Ash-Abhishek wedding in '07'

BANGALORE: Astrologer Chandrashekar Swami, who first said Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan would become a pair early this year, now claims: "They will get married anytime between January 14 and February 27 in 2007 as per my advice."

The astrologer told TOI over phone from Dubai, where he is performing a puja at a top industrialist’s house, that Aishwarya and Abhishek were in Varanasi at his suggestion.

When marital proposals first did the rounds, a hitch that Swami foresaw was that the beauty is a manglik . "I advised their families to perform this corrective puja at an ancient Shiva temple. By taking Aishwarya to Varanasi where Amitabh Bachchan’s father Harivanshrai Bachchan’s annual rituals are observed, the Bachchans are sending a message to the rest of the country that Aishwarya is now part of their family," explains Swami.

Both families are going by astrological predictions and suggestions. The wedding, they have been advised, should take place only after the Makara phase post January 14.

In keeping with the dictum of "ancient Shiva temple", the couple and the Bachchans were at Sankat Mochan temple at Varanasi on Monday.

And contrary to splitsville incidents in Bollywood, this couple after tying the knot, according to Swami, will lead quite a happy married life "without any disconnections (sic)." This despite the age difference — she’s 33, he's 31.

The couple as well as their families had been advised not to knot in 2006 because of the '8' factor — 2006 adds up to eight! Whereas 2007 adds upto 9, acknowledged traditionally as a lucky number.

The numeral is also supposed to be lucky for the couple. Especially Ash who apparently got rid of 'kuja-dosha' when she turned 33 in November.

Both the families — Rais and Bachchans — sticklers for rituals were waiting for this 'bad phase' to get over.

The inking of the pact came when Ajitabh Bachchan air-dashed to Bangalore early this year, at the behest of Aishwarya’s father Krishnaraja Rai to meet Swami at his R T Nagar residence in Bangalore with the horoscopes of the duo.

The Mangalore connection is all too obvious — Krishnaraja Rai and Swami hail from a small town Mangalpadi near Mangalore.

Quelle

---
Ich denk an dich, seitdem ich denken kann ...

Hilfe| Team
Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #52 - erstellt: 02. Dezember 2006
Abhishek: Hoping for an encore

Junior Bachchan received quite a few accolades for his performance in Yuva, and now he’s hoping for an encore. Besides working with the same director in Guru again (Mani Ratnam), he points out that Rajiv Menon is the cinematographer this time – and Rajiv is Ravi’s (who shot Yuva) boss since Ravi trained under Rajiv. So he’s got an even better technician. In fact, Abhi claims there is no better cinematographer in the world for the way Rajiv sets up the shots and understands cinema. But what he loves about Rajiv is the fact that he keeps improvising, and even if it is sometimes irritating, the results are well worth it. Now this one should be a visual treat for sure!

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #53 - erstellt: 03. Dezember 2006
Abhishek - a busy man in Bollywood
Sunday, 03 December 2006
By Subhash K. Jha

Mumbai, Dec 3 - If hectic schedules define stardom, then Abhishek Bachchan has got to be the biggest star of the moment.

He returned to Mumbai after receiving the Yash Bharti Award in Lucknow last week and it was time to leave again for Delhi to shoot for Shaad Ali's 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom'.

But busy schedules don't bother him much. Right now he is thrilled to have received an award earlier won by his parents - Amitabh and Jaya.
'I feel honoured, and very humbled. I don't think I deserve it. But since the Uttar Pradesh government in all its wisdom thought me worthy of it, I couldn't say no to it. My upbringing doesn't permit me to disrespect the will of my elders.

'I humbly accepted the invitation of Mulayam Singhji and the Uttar Pradesh government. I maintain that there're people far worthier of the honour than me,' Abhishek told IANS.

It's a packed week for Abhishek. The return of the 'Dhoom' series has him charged.

'I don't look at it as a big film. I look at it as my film. I'm glad they chose the star-cast that they did. It gave me the opportunity to work with some of my best friends in the industry. We had an absolute blast making 'Dhoom 2'. And I've very fond memories.

'While me and Uday Chopra were the hosts, Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai and Bipasha Basu were the new additions to the 'Dhoom' family. It was wonderful welcoming them in.'

Abhishek loved the shooting in Rio de Janeiro, Durban and Goa.
'After having seen the film, I feel the camaraderie comes through. There's no attempt to outdo one another. We had a lot of fun and that feeling is bound to show up on screen. I feel it's very important for the actors to be comfortable with one another. And our comfort level couldn't get any higher.'

Abhishek thoroughly enjoyed shooting in Rio.
'It's by far the most laid back country I've shot in. The greatest fun was to be not recognised. The anonymity was a boon. It was wonderful to walk on the beaches and have dinner at roadside cafes.
'It was very liberating to have a life that we haven't experienced for a very long time.'

But Bipasha was singled out for special treatment in Rio.
'She was mistaken for a Brazilian beauty until we let them know she's from India. We guys are protective about her. When she's with Hrithik, Uday and me, we didn't want any untoward incident.

'Needless to say, Bipasha is more than capable of looking after herself. She's a Bengal tigress. Not scared of anyone. Has a fierce temper and we're all very scared of her actually.

Abhishek is all praise for the styling.

'The stylist Anaida is the real hero of the film. The look of 'Dhoom' is its USP. I'm not dressed up like any cop in the city of Mumbai. So to that extent, it's not a realistic look.

'Dhoom' takes creative liberties. It's all about an attitude. Anaida has presented all the actors in a light never seen before.'

Some people feel Abhishek has been doing too many serious-toned films, and that 'Dhoom 2' is just the antidote.

But he disagrees. 'I started last year with 'Bunty Aur Babli', which was a fun film. Then I did 'Sarkar' and 'Bluffmaster'. This year I did 'Umrao Jaan' side by side with 'Dhoom 2'.

'You've to keep exciting yourself as an actor. I try to work in films I believe in. But I think I've managed a fair balance.'

After two remakes - 'Don' and 'Umrao Jaan' - and several sequels does Abhishek think there's room for another sequel?

'Remakes and sequels have always been there. Are we forgetting there was sequel to Mahesh Manjrekar's 'Vaastav' four years ago? Yes, there has been more than a normal share of sequels this year. And why not?

'Every director has the right to creative freedom. As for me, if tomorrow another 'Dhoom' film is made, I wouldn't miss it for the world.'

Final question. Who's the best in 'Dhoom 2'?
'According to me, the best performance is by Uday Chopra. As for Hrithik, who am I to comment? His talent and dedication is far superior to most people in the industry. He looks better than he ever did, if that's possible. In fact, every actor will shock the audience.'

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #54 - erstellt: 07. Dezember 2006
Abhishek Bachchan has created a style of his own

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enkayaar, Bollywood Trade News Network

Style is defined as an adornment, which adds mystique to the persona of an icon, more so an icon of the silver screen, and its quotient of success is defined by the way it comes to be associated with the persona, if it is defined as a physical attribute. That way, Abhishek Bachchan can be said to have created a style of his own, and can claim to be a style icon. The bearded look that he adorns is a definite fashion statement, which is a by-product of a physical attribute. Abhishek consciously or unconsciously therefore is following in the footsteps of his illustrious father, the Big B whose stylish whiskers had become a rage during his times. Abhishek has gone one step further that his father in developing his style quotient by bringing back double button cuffs in the shirt which were hovering on the periphery as a fashion statement till reinvented by Abhishek. Another style quotient that has been established by Abhishek has been wearing of the wristband watch, which seems to be more of his extension. Various other stars sport the watch but when Abhishek sports it becomes the extension of his persona.

Unconsciously Shah Rukh Khan also tried to create a fashion statement of his own through the dresses that he adorned in DON, but could not succeed, and as such his attempt to create a statement of his own still has to take off. Surprisingly enough Hrithik also has yet to create a style of his own, may be the wafer thin ‘duppata’ which he adorned through out DHOOM-2 could become the style statement for him.

The style statement is an entity, which is outside the domain of hits that a star has to his career, and it somehow sticks to the personality and becomes an extension of the star. The long side burns first time became an international rage when Elvis Presley started sporting it, and grudgingly Beatles icon John Lennon also adopted is as his leitmotif, to sort of address to the patrons of Presley. It was left to John Travolta to bring it back into vogue when he appeared in them in the Broken Arrow.

Styles from the past, which have been a rage, include the guru kurtas, which were brought into the vogue by Rajesh Khanna and the scarf that continues to adorn the throat of Dev Anand even at this age, giving him the debonair look.

Surprisingly enough as fashion statement, female actors do not seem to have created a style statement that can be a distinct attribute of their persona. In the case of female actors, there style statements are reflected through the clothes, as a purple sari of Madhuri Dixit in HUM AAPKE HAIN KAUN had become a rage of the nation, and to an extension Rani Mukerjee for BUNTY AUR BABLI especially the shirt type kurtas has achieved same effect.

May be the fashion designers and the stylists need to work to carve a distinct identity for the female actors so that it becomes their signature statement.

Beitrag #55 - erstellt: 07. Dezember 2006
GURU will showcase Abhishek's acting prowess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bollywood Trade News Network

Abhishek and Mithun Chakrborty play adversaries in the Mani Ratnam’s GURU. Where Mithun plays a media baron, Abhishek is the go-getter businessman. It’s a story that will showcase Abhishek's acting prowess to the fullest. After all Abhishek is sharing space with Mithun who is a master in his own right and a completely natural actor. Infact the film has some fantastic one-liners for Abhishek that are truly ‘worth a taali’ scenes like when he says, "Maine Abhi Jhoot Bolna Nahi Sikha, Mai Bambai Abhi Main Naya Hoon…” and many more. So with an actor like Mithun to match and a director like Mani Ratnam who only demands the best, one can safely expect a hot shot performance from Bachchan Jr. after all talent can speak in more languages than just muscle power.

Beitrag #56 - erstellt: 07. Dezember 2006
"No one wants to sign me on" - Abhishek Bachchan
By Subhash K. Jha, December 6, 2006 - 12:13 IST

According to Vidya Balan, Mani Rathnam's Guru is Abhishek Bachchan's show all the way. The child-man at the center of unstoppered attention is delighted. "Did Vidya really say that? So sweet of her. Any actor getting to work with Mani is lucky. I've worked with him twice and I feel twice lucky. He's a sheer pleasure to work with . Rest assured when you work with a director of Mani's caliber he's going to challenge you into discovering new areas of your personality. This is what has happened in Guru. Working with Mani is a huge learning experience”.

Abhishek has just shot for Shaad Ali's Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom. "I'm here with Shaad Ali, Preity and Lara Dutta…all friends. It's great fun. I'm absolutely relaxed as long as I get to work with friends. It's very important for me to be working in a comfortable atmosphere. Fortunately I've worked mostly with friends so far. Or directors who've become friends in the course of a film being made. That explains why I'm doing Shaad's next and Goldie Behl's second Drona."

Now that Abhishek is being recognized as a star to reckon with, what would he rather be known as : a star or an actor? "An actor of course. Because once you're a capable actor the stardom happens automatically. Isn't that what happened in my dad's case? "

Abhishek hasn't signed any new films. "No one wants to sign me on, what to do," he mock-sighs, and then gets serious. "No matter what you say about my career I'm not satisfied. We creative people are very selfish. Every time you see a film that doesn't star you, you wish you had done it. When I look around I feel there's so much good work being done and how little I've achieved. I'd like to do a lot more work. I see the kind of work my dad is doing at his age. I can only hope and pray I'm able to do that caliber and quantity of work when I reach dad's age."

Beitrag #57 - erstellt: 09. Dezember 2006
Meri awaaz suno
9 Dec 2006

Amitabh Bachchan has lent his voice to several films in the past. But this is perhaps the first time that Abhishek is following his father’s footsteps in that direction. The actor recently recorded a voiceover for Smita Thackeray’s forthcoming production, Kaisey Kahein.

Just right

Directed by Mohit Hussein (director of the TV show Tumhari Disha) the film is set for a February 2007 release. Talking about Abhishek’s contribution to the project, Mohit says, “We were looking at a couple of names, but I was very keen on Abhishek. He had the right urban personality to match the feel of my film. I was delighted when he agreed to lend his voice.”

Bachchan junior will be heard in the introduction and concluding segment of Kaisey Kahein. “We begin the film with a voiceover, where Abhishek talks about the characters and lays the foundation of the plot. Towards the end of the film, the audience will again hear his voice summing up the movie.”

Mohit says that Abhishek even complimented the film after watching a teaser. He says, “Usually, people give clichéd reactions after watching a teaser, but Abhishek asked to see it twice. He loved it and congratulated me on the project. It definitely boosted my morale.”

Not a cliché

Kaisey Kahein stars newcomer Rajveer Dutt and Neha Julka. The film is a love story and Mohit says it won’t fall into the trap of a routine Bollywood cliché. “Every one claims that their film is different. I wouldn’t want to say the same. I think the audience will react instinctively after they see it.”
Mohit has also scripted the film and is all geared up for the release. “We are looking at a pre-Valentine’s Day release. I think the film is a perfect date movie.”

Coming from the television industry, Mohit considers himself lucky to have gotten a good break in Bollywood. “My producer Smita Thackeray didn’t compromise on anything in the film. I was given a good budget and could accommodate everything I needed. The film’s teaser will be screened at GIFA and will release early next year.”
- Mid-Day.com

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #58 - erstellt: 16. Dezember 2006
Abhishek Bachchan is Falguni’s muse

When it comes to style, few can beat Abhishek Bachchan. So his fans must be wondering who’s responsible for the man’s dress sense in his films. Well, it’s none other than Falguni Thakore who has this to say about her muse. “It’s been almost six years since I have been designing and styling Abhishek's clothes, and there never really has been a dull moment. Whether it has been his films or the videos, or his personal wardrobe, he has always carried my designs with great style and panache, making him a delight to work with. More recently we have been working on a couple of ads, and here he actually showcases his versatility as a style icon…” She claims that the actor can carry a dapper black bandh gala and make a statement and then appear in a red jackets and pink blazer looking equally glamourous, much to her delight. “All in all, the real Abhishek is great fun to dress up, especially since he makes everything look so stylish!” We’re sure the junior Bachchan’s fans will agree!

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #59 - erstellt: 20. Dezember 2006
Bachchans are in Vrinda’s hands

We hear the Bachchans have taken to fitness training with a vengeance. Especially Abhishek, who has taken physical training to heart after Dhoom 2. Apparently, they share their passion for looking great with Kajol, who is looking like a million bucks right now. And the lady responsible for their new found fervor for exercise is none other than Vrinda Mehta. She is the Bachchans’ and Kajol’s fitness trainer and she’s making sure that the actors take special care of themselves, inspite of their busy schedules. We must say, going by their present fitness levels, Vrinda seems to be doing a good job of it!

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #60 - erstellt: 24. Dezember 2006
Ash, Abhi get Czech Christmas date

Mumbai: Guess where Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai will spend their Christmas holiday! In the Czech Republic.

Abhishek is currently in Prague, shooting for Drona- a film by his buddy filmmaker Goldie Behl. Interestingly, his mother Jaya Bachchan plays his reel-mother in the film.

According to media reports, Abhishek’s prospective bride Aishwarya Rai will be joining him there soon, just before the Christmas holiday.

Jaya Bachchan is already packing her bags to fly off to Prague to shoot for the film and she will be accompanied none other than the Big B himself. Abhishek’s sister Shweta will also be there for this family get-together.

While the mother-father-sister gang is likely to land there in a few days time, Aishwarya will be delayed by a few days as she is busy shooting of Ashutosh Gowariker’s forthcoming film Jodhaa-Akbar. However, she will be there in time for the Christmas party, sources said.

However, the entire family and Rai will then immediately fly back to Mumbai for the New Year’s bash at home. There too, Aishwarya will be in the company of the Bachchans.

Aishwarya Rai has been spotted in the company of the Bachchans more often in the past couple of months, the last one being the Varanasi sojourn when the entire Bachchan family and Rai offered prayers at a few temples in the late evening.

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #61 - erstellt: 06. Januar 2007
Leave my wedding alone: Abhishek
Rajeev Masand
CNN-IBN
Posted Friday , January 05, 2007 at 22:41

Mumbai: A, A and A together makes big news, some speculation and a picture perfect three-some. If you haven’t figured out the names yet, well go grab some more Bollywood gyaan. When Aishwarya, Abhishek and Amitabh Bachchan came together at a recent event in Mumbai last week, and even left in the same car—with Aishwarya in the back seat giggling and pointing towards her watch to the lensmen—rumour mill buzzed once again.

To know the truth from the horse’s mouth, we asked Abhishek, what’s cooking, but the near-speech reply from his mouth sounded like he has just had a ‘verbal diarrhea’ attack.

Rajeev Masand: Is there any truth to the marriage rumours that we have been hearing on and off now? Is there any date that has been fixed for the marriage?

Abhishek Bachchan: Well, its not about truth or denial. We live our lives on a public platform and its okay for the media and the society to scrutinize our lives publicly. If I am a public figure I have to deal with all this. But in the middle of all this, I have never liked to speak about my personal life because that is all that I have got of my own.

Rajeev Masand:
So you won't lead your life differently in order to hide it from the world. Is there something that you would not like to share with people at this point of time?

Abhishek Bachchan:
I don’t believe in hiding anything and my life is an open book. As and when there is something to talk about I will talk about it. Generally I like to keep my personal life private. I would appreciate if people could understand that. The day I do get married, I will tell everyone. I am not doing anything illegal anyways.

Quell

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #62 - erstellt: 08. Januar 2007
Mallika is a fabulous co-star, says Abhishek
Monday, January 08, 2007

After Akshaye Khanna and Rahul Bose, it's Bollywood's rising star Abhishek Bachchan's turn to lavish praises on hot and happening Mallika Sherawat, who makes a special appearance in his upcoming film 'Guru'.

'Mallika is fantastic. She is a fabulous co-star. We shot the song 'Mayaa Mayya' in an abandoned church in Istanbul. She danced bare feet, practiced 8-10 hours every day but not once did she complain. She was always smiling and pleasant.'

Abhishek has a lot riding on his latest and much-awaited release 'Guru'. The 30 plus actor says he has given his 100 percent to the film, which opens in theatres Friday in India and Canada -- and hopes it turns out to be the best of his career.

'The film covers the life of a Gurukant Desai. It was challenging to play the journey of a man that starts at age 15 and goes on till 70. Am I open to playing an old man's role? Yeah, why not! Everybody grows old, I am going to be 31 and I would love to play such roles,' Abhishek said at a press conference here.

The film by maverick filmmaker Mani Ratnam is apparently inspired by business tycoon Dhirubhai Ambani's life.

Talking about his role, Abhishek added: 'I have learnt a lot from the film. I learned how to put on weight in two weeks and how to lose it one week (laughs).

'However, on a serious note, I think if an actor gives to a character, he takes back as much from that character. In the film, my character is iconic and he is not apologetic about what he is doing. My character taught me about the right attitude and philosophies of life,' said Abhishek.

After Ratnam's 'Yuva', which marked a turning point in Abhishek's career, 'Guru' is his second film with the talented filmmaker and he is thankful to him for giving a new dimension to his career.

'Mani Ratnam always inspires you not only by his work but also the kind of work he takes out of you. I was not confident when he offered me Lallan Singh's role in 'Yuva' but I will always respect Mani for having confidence in me - which I didn't have in myself at that time.'

Playing the other lead roles in the film are Aishwarya Rai, R. Madhavan, Vidya Balan and Mithun Chakrobarty.

Before making it big with 'Yuva' Abhishek had a string of flops. Did he ever felt like giving up?

'I come from a family which doesn't believe in giving up. But yes, at one point of time I wasn't sure about myself. I went to my father and asked him: 'Have I made a mistake?'

'When you are being criticised, you take it seriously and try to improve your bad points as I did, but when you fail again, it is certainly disheartening.'

Asked which film he rated as his best, Abhishek said that none of them fitted the bill so far. 'I hope 'Guru' fills that space,' he remarked.

On the constant media focus on his private life, he said that he didn't mind media speculations but he couldn't share his private life with anybody.

'Public figures or celebrities enjoy publicity. If you have problems with media scrutiny, you shouldn't become a celebrity. But what a celebrity doesn't like is sharing his or her personal life because that's the only thing which they can call 'mine'.

'And I don't think the general public is interested in celebrities' personal lives. They are forced to take interest. The audience is only interested in the character a hero plays.

'But at the same time I don't even know what is being written about my personal life. Reporters are doing their job and I can't stop them from writing. I can't let it irritate me either. As far as sharing goes, as and when I would have something to share, I will definitely share it.'

Abhishek also explained his new hair do, which is the talk of town.

'I am growing it because Shaad Ali asked me to grow it for 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom' and then I am also doing 'Drona' in which my character needs to have long hair.'

After his hip-hop number in 'Bluffmaster' became a huge hit, the actor is coming up with an album too.

'Music directors Vishal-Shekhar and me are working on an album which will most probably come out by the end of the year. So, I am going to haunt you with my voice.'

- By Arpana

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #63 - erstellt: 08. Januar 2007
Toronto's Mayor Invites Abhishek Bachchan for Guru's World Premiere

Manu Ratnam's forthcoming "Guru" is what has been chewing up bigger news in media, amongst Bollywood fraternity and across the globe. The film's main leads Abhishek Bachchan and gorgeous Aishwariya Rai are well in talks for their classy roles in the movie. In short, "Guru" is hugely being awaited to hit the theaters in India and around the world.

The flick's world premiere is to be taken place in Canada and to do the honors Toronto's mayor David Miller has personally invited Abhishek Bachchan along with the star cast of the film on the occasion of the premiere. The premiere of "Guru" is India's first mainstream international premiere in Canada.

Chipping in words on this event the mayor says, "It's a pleasure to host the world premiere of 'GURU' in Toronto. This presentation represents a landmark event for the city of Toronto and all of Canada. It is an unprecedented occasion for the city to have film artists of the stature of Mani Ratnam, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, along with the producer Bobby Bedi, choose to premiere this major film outside of India. That they would select our city is indication of the high regard Indian filmmakers have for Toronto. This is an opportunity to bring Indian Cinema to a larger appreciative audience and, at the same time, to further develop economic, creative and personal ties between our two countries"
The pretty excited Abhishek Bachchan, who looks so much happy about his film being the first film to be premiered in Canada, chomps his views, "Hello, I'm Abhishek Bachchan. You have always come to see my movies and now its time to come and see you. Join me for the world premiere of my film 'GURU' in Toronto, Jan 11, 2007 . See you there".
'Guru' will achieve another first - it will be the first Indian film to be distributed by a Canadian Distributor, Roger Nair Productions, the company behind the world premiere of 'Guru'.

Mr. Padamm Kumar, COO, Roger Nair production said, "It is indeed an honour to have the world premiere of 'GURU' in Toronto, since it will be the first Indian mainstream film to do so. This has been path breaking and a landmark deal between Canada and India , in the process making Canada an official territory for Bollywood films. We chose Mani Ratnam's film because his films has a certain sensibilities attached, visually international and in content".

He added, "With a Canadian company ROGER NAIR PRODUCTIONS acquiring absolute
Theatrical, Video and TV rights, ensures every legal right to curb piracy with the help of police and the justice system. And with GURU as our first major acquisition, we intend to acquire a lot of quality Entertainment products from Indian Film Industry. Hence it's a win-win situation for everyone involved taking Indian Cinema into the global stage"

Roger Nair productions will hold a world premiere in Toronto with most
of the cast and crew attending on January 11th 2007 including Aishwarya
Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, R Madhavan, AR Rahman and Mani Ratnam at the
prestigious Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre Centre, where most of Hollywood
films are premiered.
Quelle

---

You can't base your life on other people's expectations.

Beitrag #64 - erstellt: 09. Januar 2007
Abhishek Bachchan trying to shed pounds

Guru may all set to be released this Friday, but Abhishek Bachchan is still trying to lose the paunch he gained for the movie in which he plays the title role.

"I'm still trying to lose weight. I had put on 11 kilograms (24 pounds) for the character,'' Abhishek was quoted saying in a news report recently. "It's not a film that you can take frivolously."

Abhishek also denied that 'Guru' is based on the life of late industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani. "'Guru' was a work of fiction that was not based on a particular story," Abhishek insisted.

"Many great people have inspired it. Mani has never said it's based on any person," he said. "Mani said it's a fictitious story."

Directed by Mani Ratnam , 'Guru' is a rags-to-riches story with Abhishek playing a man who dreams of making it big and works to become a top businessman.

The movie also stars Aishwarya Rai , Vidya Balan , Mithun Chakraborty , Madhavan and Mallika Sherawat in a small role.
Quelle

---

Beitrag #65 - erstellt: 11. Januar 2007
Abhishek's plans for Feb 19
By: Sandipan Dalal
January 11, 2007

Contrary to elaborate newspaper reports of the gala preparation for Abhishek Bachchan’s wedding on the February 19 — including the hotel bookings, limousines, designer wear et al, the truth is that Bachchan Jr will be shooting that day.

There is no Bachchan-Rai shaadi next month and on February 19, the actor will be in Bikaner facing the camera and ranting his lines for good friend Goldie Behl’s Drona.

Spoilsport shooting

Says producer Shrishti Arya, “Abhishek is going to be shooting with us on February 19 in Bikaner. So he’s surely not getting married on that day.”

We hear that the actor will be canning vital sequences during that period that include a few stunts. Informs a crewmember, “The scenes that we are shooting at that point is very vital to the plot. Abhishek had given us the dates last year itself. If he had marriage on his mind he would have never given us the dates.”

In fact, on the D-day Abhishek will be nowhere near Ms Rai. He will with his co-stars Priyanka Chopra, Kay Kay Menon and other crewmembers of Drona. As for Aishwarya Rai, she will be shooting for Ashutosh Gowariker’s Jodha Akbar at Karjat.

A close friend of the actress further reveals, “As per my knowledge, Aishwarya won’t have any respite from her set of work. For the last two months, she was in Jaipur and now when Abhishek is heading there, she’s going to be in Karjat. Jodha Akbar’s an extremely important film and they’re going to wrap it up only in April.”

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #66 - erstellt: 15. Januar 2007
Will Ash-Abhi live next to Salman?Add to Clippings
[ 16 Jan, 2007 0113hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

MUMBAI: Will Abhishek Bachchan be moving to 85, Naivedya, a swanky bungalow at Carter Road? This bungalow, just three blocks away from the newly acquired property by Salman Khan, was reportedly bought by Amitabh Bachchan just before his son's engagement to Karisma Kapoor, and was to be presented to the couple as a wedding gift.

Unfortunately, they broke up. However construction of the bungalow has been going on since then. Shiv Gupta, who works as a security guard just two blocks away, confirmed that the bungalow belonged to Abhishek.

When asked if he was happy to hear about the actor's engagement with Aishwarya Rai, Gupta said, "First I had heard he was going to marry Karisma Kapoor; now I read in the papers about Aishwarya Rai. I hope he gets married to her."

However, two security guards outside Naivedya refused to comment and even denied that the house belonged to Abhishek. Another resident who lives close by said, "Even I heard that it belongs to Abhishek Bachchan and that Salman Khan has a house three blocks away.

But when I asked the watchman, he told me the house belonged to a relative of the Bachchans and someone from a multinational company may move in."

Last Night's Drama

Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai surprised everyone by announcing their engagement immediately after they returned to India on Sunday afternoon. Amitabh Bachchan, when quizzed about whether Abhishek had proposed to Aishwarya after the New York premiere of the couple's latest starrer Guru, said, "That's right."

Abhishek and Ash, who were to arrive only this Tuesday, air-dashed to Mumbai two days earlier for the engagement that happened on Sunday evening. According to sources close to the family, the Bachchan family went with a formal marriage proposal to Aishwarya Rai's house at Bandra.

"Very few people were present at the engagement," says an insider. "Among them were Sonali Bendre, Apoorva Lakhia, Karan Johar, Anil Ambani and Tina Ambani. Abhishek Bachchan was wearing a blue sherwani designed by Abu-Sandeep and Aishwarya Rai was wearing a white zardozi saree."

The media was completely unaware about the sudden engagement till the formal function got over at about 10 pm. By the time mediapersons reached Bachchan's residence at Jalsa, some guests like Karan Johar were spotted leaving the house. Slowly, a crowd of about 500 people collected and chaos reigned outside the house.

Each time the 12-foot gate of the Bachchan residence opened, people tried rushing into the house, shouting, "We want to see Amitabh Bachchan."

At about 11 pm, the entire family came to the door to see off Anil Ambani, which is when one got the first glimpse of the newly engaged couple who immediately rushed upstairs.

Bachchan, who apparently wants a 'chat-mangni pat marriage', did show interest in talking to the media. The superstar came down with Amar Singh at about 1.30 am to speak to the media, but no sooner were the doors of the house opened than the entire crowd of nearly 500 people rushed in along with the media which upset the actor.

Shweta Nanda, Bachchan's daughter, was heard shouting "Come in, papa." The doors closed again. At 3.15 am, three cars rolled out of the bungalow. Amitabh was at the wheel with Amar Singh next to him, while Aishwarya was in the back seat along with Abhishek and Shweta.

Bachchan surprised the media by taking a left turn, giving the impression that they were driving to the airport to go to Ujjain, which was the speculation doing the rounds at that time.

But once the car touched the highway, Bachhchan took a right turn to go to Bandra. Aishwarya Rai was dropped home and Bachchan and Abhishek returned home at about 4 am. Abhishek and Jaya left for Jaipur on Monday morning, while Aishwarya Rai will be going to Karjat for the shooting of her film Jodha Akbar.

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #67 - erstellt: 17. Januar 2007
Abhishek becomes a superstar in US, UK
Arthur J Pais in New York
January 17, 2007 12:39 IST

The towering performance of Guru at the North American box-office must have added to the excitement of the Abhishek Bachchan-Aishwarya Rai engagement. Suddenly, Abhishek became a superstar in the US and the United Kingdom without having to share the success with his father or co-stars like Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.

Mani Ratnam's Guru grabbed $840,000 in three days in North America, and has reportedly become a hit in the UK too. It has given both Abhishek and Aishwarya their biggest non-multi starrer hit.

Guru grossed about $35,000 more than SRK's Don took in North America. That, in spite of the fact that Don opened in a record 113 theatres while Guru was shown in only 70. But Guru took a few thousands less than the Aamir Khan hit Fanaa.

Abhishek, who starred in two other big hits last year, had to share the credit with father Amitabh and Shah Rukh in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna ($1.3 million opening weekend) and with Hrithik in Dhoom 2 ($980,000).

The arrival of the first hit of the season was also aided by the appearance of the film's lead pair, along with Mani Ratnam and music composer A R Rahman in New York and Toronto. The weekend gross could have been 3 percent higher but for the complimentary tickets given at two venues in New York.

The reactions in Manhattan theatres could be echoing elsewhere. Many people were heard saying that they were very impressed by Abhishek. "In the climax when he confronts the court, he sounds and acts like his father," a middle-aged man said.

The climactic episode in which Abhishek's character defends himself, with his wife (Aishwarya) sitting by his side moved many. "My eyes welled up, and I am sure even my husband had tears in his eyes," said a young woman. "Rarely does one see a woman given that much of importance in a climatic scene in a Hindi film. Sure, he married her for dowry which he invested in his business but the court scene nicely summed up what she had meant to him over the decades -- and that he knew it in his heart and soul."

Abhishek Bachchan in GuruAbhishek's work in Yuva, his first film with Mani Ratnam, was well-appreciated and got him awards but it was not a success.

Many people in New York thought Guru is Abhishek's career-defining film.

With strong word of mouth, and a few mainstream publications -- especially in New York Post -- giving the film good reviews (Post gave it three stars out of four), Guru could have strong legs. It is the first big hit for distributor Adlabs, a new player in North America. Its Jaan-E-Mann, Vivah and Umrao Jaan hardly registered at the box-office. Now, they have a certified hit.

Exhibitors believe Guru could end its run with over $2 million. It could climb higher if the weekend in Chicago, New York and Toronto isn't freezing.

In discussing its box-official potential Mani Ratnam had told rediff.com that the film's subject -- of an ordinary man achieving extraordinary success and overcoming personal and institutional roadblocks -- could resonate with anyone, especially Indians abroad. "It is kind the story that appeals especially to the new generation of Indians," he said. "And it is also very entertaining."

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #68 - erstellt: 19. Januar 2007
*ignore*

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #69 - erstellt: 22. Januar 2007
A discordant note for Abhishek Bachchan

Amidst the celebrations of his engagement to the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai and the success of Guru, comes a discordant note for Abhishek Bachchan .

Abhishek's one-year endorsement deal with Ford India for its successful mid-size sedan Fiesta, which began in November 2005, is not being renewed.

"Ford India is no longer associated with Abhishek Bachchan. Our contract with him has ended in December 2006 and we are not renewing it," Scott McCormack, vice-president for marketing, sales and service, Ford India is quoted as saying in a news report.

The company is believed to be of the view that the Fiesta brand has acquired enough equity to thrive without an ambassador.

Some insiders, however, say the company was not ready to pay a higher price for Abhishek, who started out with a string of flops but has, of late, seen a sharp appreciation in his market value triggered by box-office success.

"The experiment has obviously worked very well, which is reflected in the sales of the car. However, the agreement was for a year and has not been renewed," the report quoted Sunil Doshi, who handles Abhishek's endorsements.

Abhishek had earlier had another short-lived endorsement deal for Maruti's Versa, in whose commercials he had appeared along side his mega superstar father Amitabh Bachchan .
Quelle

---

Beitrag #70 - erstellt: 05. Februar 2007
Abhishek Bachchan turns 31
05th Feb 2007 14.27 IST
By ApunKaChoice

The son of Bollywood mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan , Abhishek Bachchan turns 31 today.

Abhishek made his film debut in J.P. Dutta 's Refugee along with Kareena Kapoor in 2000 but the film was not considered a success.

In a span of four years, Abhishek went on to do many more movies, without any major box-office successes.

However, with his performance in Mani Ratnam 's Yuva , Abhishek proved his mettle as an actor. He portrayed the character of Lallan, which earned him the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award and every other supporting actor award at the major film award functions.

In 2004 Abhishek starred in Dhoom which was the first box office hit of his career.

In 2005 Abhishek shot to fame with four consecutive hits: Bunty Aur Babli , Sarkar , Dus and Bluffmaster . He recently won his second Filmfare Award in the Best Supporting Actor category for ‘Sarkar’.

Abhishek’s first 2006 release, the multi-starrer Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) did extremely well at the box office.

Abhishek was also a part of Ratnam's stage show, Netru, Indru, Naalai alongside many other co-stars. Abhishek’s second release of 2006 Umrao Jaan failed to do well at the box office.

Abhishek’s third release Dhoom 2 , a sequel to his first hit ‘Dhoom’ has done very well at the box office.

Abhishek’s first release in 2007 was Guru and he received much acclaim for his performance.

Abhishek was engaged to actress Karisma Kapoor in 2001, which was later broken. Gossip has linked him with a number of actresses.

After much speculation it was announced on January 14, 2007 that Abhishek got engaged to the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai in a private ceremony which was later confirmed by Bachchan.

Abhishek is also a recipient of the Yash Bharati Samman, UP state's highest award from the Government of Uttar Pradesh.

Abhishek’s forthcoming films include Shootout At Lokhandwala , Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and Drona .

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #71 - erstellt: 06. Februar 2007
Vom Papa Amitabh hat er einen nagelneuen weissen BENTELY Auto bekommen.

Beitrag #72 - erstellt: 06. Februar 2007
Wenn Amitabh stolz ist, geht es Abhi gut

Kernaussagen:
Wenn es Papa gefällt, dann ist das wichtiger als jegliche Verkaufszahlen
Was die Kritiker oder Zuschauer dann zu sagen haben, ist ihm egal

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #73 - erstellt: 10. Februar 2007
Das Problem mit den Pferden

In Abhis neuem Film "Drona" wurden wohl ein paar Pferdchen verwendet, ohne dass das erlaubt war.. und dann ist dummerweise eins der Tierchen gestorben und die Sache aufgeflogen. Da kann nun vor Gericht teuer werden für den Regisseur.

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #74 - erstellt: 22. März 2007
Abhishek war am Set von Om Shanti Om

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #75 - erstellt: 24. März 2007
Abhi steht auch nach Niederlage noch zum indischen Cricket-Team

Werbung für Motorola

---

Hilfe| Team
Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #76 - erstellt: 26. März 2007
Bachchan Welttour wegen Hochzeit verschoben

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #77 - erstellt: 28. März 2007
Was wird aus dem Film Raaste?

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #78 - erstellt: 29. März 2007
Abhis Motorola Werbung

Was ist daaaas denn? Smily "lach"

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #79 - erstellt: 01. April 2007
Kareena durch Aish erstetzt in Abhis nächstem Film

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #80 - erstellt: 02. April 2007
Abhi und Aish touren durch die Welt vor Hochzeit

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #81 - erstellt: 05. April 2007
Abhisheks Musikalbum

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #82 - erstellt: 09. April 2007
Interview mit Abhi über Aish, Guru u.a.

---

Beitrag #83 - erstellt: 11. April 2007
Welche Dame macht sich im Film am besten an seiner Seite?

---

Beitrag #84 - erstellt: 11. April 2007
Gerüchte über Drona und Abhis Rolle in dem Film

---

Beitrag #85 - erstellt: 24. April 2007
Abhi wird in Laaga Chunari Mein Daag nur Gastauftritt haben

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #86 - erstellt: 26. April 2007
Abhi verschiebt Drehtermine für Laaga Chunari...

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #87 - erstellt: 30. April 2007
Amitabh und Abhishek erneut in gemeinsamem Film

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #88 - erstellt: 07. Mai 2007
Big B - Abhi, Bollywoods hottest pair (mit Video)

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #89 - erstellt: 07. Mai 2007
Abhi dreht mit Rani

---

Beitrag #90 - erstellt: 08. Mai 2007
Abhi in neuem Film als Ranjiv Gandhi zu sehen?

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #91 - erstellt: 08. Mai 2007
Abhi und Amitabh in Aakhri Mughal?

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #92 - erstellt: 15. Mai 2007
Abhi in 'Train' dabei?

---

Beitrag #93 - erstellt: 22. Mai 2007
Aish und Abhi haben nicht an Guru Premiere in Cannes teilgenommen

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #94 - erstellt: 24. Mai 2007
Abhishek turns Mama's boy

geht eigentlich um den neuen film der beiden - Drona Smily "smilesmile"

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #95 - erstellt: 30. Mai 2007
Abhishek: Preity is like my mother

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #96 - erstellt: 09. Juni 2007
Aish-Abhi-Big B take on the world (mit Video)

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #97 - erstellt: 12. Juni 2007
Bachchan's world tour

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #98 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2007
Abhi hails father and married life

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #99 - erstellt: 15. Juni 2007
AB Baby marital bliss

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #100 - erstellt: 17. Juni 2007
Lara is like a sister to me

---

Hilfe| Team
Produktempfehlungen

1 2 3 4 5 ... letzte Seite »