Logo
Info
Noch nicht angemeldet? Hier einloggen oder neu registrieren!
Websuche:   

Anmelden

Benutzername:
Passwort:
Angemeldet bleiben

Produktempfehlungen

Kalender

März 2017
Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa So
  1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Seite merken

Icon del.icio.us Icon Digg Icon Technorati Icon Furl Icon LinkArena Icon SeekXL.de Icon Yigg.de Icon Webnews.de

Forum - Thema: Interviews und News von Abhishek Bachchan

Seite 1 von 10 | »»
Thema: Interviews und News von Abhishek Bachchan
Autor Beitrag

Beitrag #1 - erstellt: 28. Mai 2006
Abhishek Bachchan arbeitet wieder mit Apoorva Lakhia in seinem folgenden kommenden Film 'Shootout an Lokhanwala'. Abhi wird einen wahren inspirierten Oberaufseher der Polizei spielen. Der Film hat 28 Charaktere, Stars wie Sanjay Dutt, Tusshar Kapoor, Viveik Oberoi, Arjun Rampal, Esha Deol und Urmila. Lakhia zeigte Amitabh Bachchan Promos weil er auch mit "Big B. " gerne arbeiten möchte. Abishek und ich wurden sehr gute Freunde während wir „Mumbai Se Aayaa Mera Dost“ drehten. Wir teilen ein großes Bequemlichkeitsniveau. Obwohl unser erster Film nicht der Brüller war, so, wusste ich immer, dass Abhishek ein riesiger Star sein wird," offenbart Lakhia.

quelle:bollywoodpremiere
übersetzung:©bollywoodmagic

---

~~~~
~~ No excuses, no apologies, no regrets ~~
Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #2 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Who can be Abhishek's wife?
HTTabloid.com
New Delhi, June 2, 2006
What is it about the fairer sex that makes men go weak-kneed? Looks, oomph factor or the vital stats? Well, ladies hold your heart as the hottest hunks from filmdom crack the code for us.
One of the most able bachelors, Abhishek Bachchan, feels getting attracted towards someone who is more social. Says he, "Being a very normal human being, I believe that a woman who is graceful and cares for her dignity, will always draw my attention. I don't believe in the idea of an ideal woman in life. Any woman who loves me and my family is an ideal woman for me."
Asked if she has found anyone in the industry with grace and dignity, he says, "There are so many ladies but the only problem is that once you name someone and it gets misinterpreted. Even when you work with someone professionally, people start linking you with that woman. This is very unfortunate," explains Abhishek.
Emraan Hashmi on the other hand, who is engaged to Parveen, feels that glam dolls have never caught his attention ever. "I never get attracted to someone who is trying hard to look sexy and beautiful with loads of make-up and least clothes. For me, a girl's sense of humour is something I am always impressed about. I get attracted towards a woman who doesn't take any comment or joke personally. Someone who is simple and relaxed in every situation can be my kind of girl," informs Hashmi.
Model Shawar Ali, Meghna Naidu's co-star in film Hawas, who also did some steamy shots with her feels, "It's not true that what we do on-screen, we will admire it in real life too. I have done some hot stuff with women in reel life but in reality, I find a girl with innocent face and soothing looks irresistible."

Beitrag #3 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Abhishek Bachchan in 'Delhi 6'

22nd May 2006 14.00 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

Reports are that Abhishek Bachchan has been finalized to play the male lead role in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra ’s next movie titled 'Delhi 6'.

Just yesterday we told you that Mehra is working on his next movie titled 'Delhi 6', which will be about his own childhood in Delhi.

Now reports are filtering in that Mehra has finalized Abhishek for the male lead role.

It is worth mentioning here that Abhishek missed out on working in Rang De Basanti .

Abhishek was supposed to play Karan's character, a role played by Siddhartha finally.

But now Abhishek has been triply compensated. Mehra, who has directed Amitabh Bachchan in Aks will be working with Abhishek in three back-to-back projects, beginning with 'Delhi 6'.

6 is the postal pin-code for Chandni Chowk area in Delhi where Mehra spent his childhood.

The movie will be semi-autobiographical and the rest of the cast is yet to be finalized.

Beitrag #4 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Abhishek gains weight, Madhavan loses it
23rd May 2006 17.00 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

One man’s gain can be another man’s loss. But not in this case.

We know Abhishek Bachchan is presently committed to filmmaker Mani Ratnam ’s movie Guru , in which his co-star is Aishwarya Rai . The movie also has Madhavan , last seen in a small role in Rang De Basanti , playing an important role.

As per the requirements of their respective roles in the film, Abhishek has been gaining weight, while Madhavan has been doing the opposite, losing it.

It is learnt that in the film Abhi plays a character older than his real age. Madhavan, on the other hand, plays someone who is much younger.

Madhavan, who had gained quite a bulk in last one year, is said to have lost as much as 9 kg for his role in the movie. The tall and lean Abhi is trying to gain as much.

Madhavan says even if his role hadn’t required, he would still have lost weight.

The slim Abhi putting on some flab and the chubby Madhavan losing it – well, it looks like gain for both.

Beitrag #5 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Abhishek Bachchan's magnanimous gift
By: Upala KBR
May 25, 2006 Apoorva LakhiaApoorva Lakhia and Abhishek Bachchan have known each other for more than four years, and their male bonding is at an all-time high. Lakhia never ceases to be surprised by AB Junior’s affection and warmth. Recently, Apoorva was shocked when Abhishek gifted his assistant director with a video camera.

Surprise, surprise!

Says Lakhia, “It was out of the blue. Abhishek found out that my first AD, Shawn Arana, who has worked with me in Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost and Ek Ajnabee, was making a short film for Sahara he gave him a beautiful video camera as a gift. But then, it’s not really surprising; Abhishek surprises me with little things everyday.

He’s not just my best buddy, but is like my brother. Contrary to perception, he’s not arrogant at all, and always returns phone calls or messages. We might not talk for days, but when we catch up, it’s like the gap was never there.”

So how long does their dosti go back? “Four years. I got to know him on the sets of Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost. Mr Bachchan is like my guardian angel and Jayaji is like family to me.

Success has not changed Abhishek at all. In fact, he’s become more mature and sensible. He’s grown up. Abhishek has faced the bouquets and the brickbats. Today, he’s just enjoying the success he’s worked hard for.”

They have their boys’ nights out, says Lakhia, “where we don’t talk about films at all.

There’s Abhishek, Goldie (Behl), Siku (Sikander Kher) and some more of us who just meet up and talk only boy stuff. I couldn’t work with Abhishek in Ek Ajnabee and I felt very bad. We used to joke then, that we would always work together.

This time, when I was putting together Shootout At Lokhandwala, I narrated the role to him, and he immediately agreed. It’s an ensemble film — like Crash —so everyone has a great role to play.”

Lakhia adds that Abhishek was excited about acting in the film, which is based on the real life six-hour shootout in Lokhandwala, in 1991. “There are various sub-plots, and we will be interspersing footage of the incident taken by various TV channels, with the film’s scenes.”

Is Amitabh Bachchan in the film, too? “He hasn’t confirmed yet. I have narrated another role to him and he liked his character, but we haven’t had the chance to speak again.”

‘Abhi’s a gentleman’

As a friend, how well does he know Abhishek? Does his reputation as a skirt-chaser mirror the truth? “That’s not true at all. These are people just spreading rumours. I know Abhishek. He’s a gentleman who will be the first to open the door for a lady, and not let a girl go out alone.

He respects women, especially his mom and sister (Shweta) too much to treat them badly. Abhishek is a family boy and a real sweetheart. If he has gone into a shell today, it must be because of these rumours. I get angry when I read such nonsense about him.”

Beitrag #6 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Abhishek Bachchan in a real-life inspired role
29th May 2006 09.01 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

Abhishek Bachchan may play the role of a real-life inspired Superintendent of Police in a forthcoming film.

The film titled 'Shootout At Lokhanwala' will be directed by Apoorva Lakhia , who directed the junior Bachchan in Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost.

The film is reported to have 28 characters, stars Sanjay Dutt , Tusshar Kapoor , Vivek Oberoi , Arjun Rampal , Esha Deol and Urmila Matondkar .

Lakhia showed promos of the film to mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan as he also wants to work with the senior Bachchan again after Ek Ajnabee .

Reports quote Lakhia as saying, "Abhishek and I became very good friends during the making of 'Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost'. He went on to play a cameo in 'Ek Ajnabee'. We share a great comfort level. Although our first film together did not do well, I always knew that Abhishek will be a huge star."

Beitrag #7 - erstellt: 03. Juni 2006
Abhishek brauchte 5 Tage für eine 4 minütige Aufnahme!

Abhishek Bachchan benötigte 5 Tage für eine Werbeaufnahme von LG.
Den Clip, in dem der "coole" Junior B als ein stylisher junger Mann auf seine Freundin in dessen Wohnung wartet, und sich überlegt wie er alles für sie grün machen kann, drehte "Parineeta" Regisseur Pradeep Sarkar. In den fünf Tagen drehte Abhishek eine Auswahl von verschiedenen Aufnahmen. Die Kamera lief sogar noch weiter, als der Dreh fertig war.
Pradeep Sarkar, der mit Abhishek zum ersten Mal zusammen arbeitete sagte:"Er war während der ganzen Zeit cool und das war für die LG Werbung erforderlich."
Aber warum dauerte das so lange? Pradeep Sarkar antwortete: "Abhishek ist nicht nur ein exzellenter Schauspieler sondern legt auch sehr viel Wert auf Perfektionismus. Er war solange ruhelos bis die Aufnahmen glaubwürdig aussahen."
Der Regisseur drehte kürzlich einen Werbefilm mit Shah Rukh Khan für Compaq Computer und Shah Rukh benötigte nur zwei Tage für den Dreh und sein ok.
Sieht wohl so aus, als wäre nach Aamir Khan, noch ein Perfektionist auf der Fläche erschienen.

quelle:rediff
quelle

---

~~~~
~~ No excuses, no apologies, no regrets ~~

Beitrag #8 - erstellt: 08. Juni 2006
Abhishek Bachchan is a Motostar

Aarti Kapur Singh
CNN-IBN
Sunday , June 04, 2006 at 17:04

Mumbai: It helps that he had four hits last year. It helps that he's part of every large banner in 2006. And yes, it helps that he's Amitabh Bachchan's son.

But most of all, it helps that he has a mysterious wow factor that makes him the blue-eyed boy of the ad world.

Abhishek Bachchan is adding another name to his fast-growing list of brand endorsements as he takes centrestage as Motostar, to promote a new range of phones by Motorola.

Abhishek feels embarrassed when you call him the film industry's crown prince or the most eligible bachelor, but he is certainly not embarrassed being called 'Motostar'.

Abhishek got his first mobile phone twelve years back and says that unlike other stars, he doesn't receive crank calls and messages. "People are very kind to me," he says.

Abhishek has words of praise for Motorola. "They are a very cool company. Motorola in its approach to its product is very youth oriented. They let the phone speak for itself. It's a wonderful phone," he says.

The actor says he likes the speed dial feature the most in a mobile phone. "I would like my dad to be on speed dial," he says.

video dazu:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/fullbvideo.php?id=12235

Beitrag #9 - erstellt: 08. Juni 2006
MUMBAIMIRROR, Thursday, June 08, 2006

‘Shah Rukh deserves his superstardom’

Catch Abhishek Bachchan in a free-wheeling chat with Subhash K Jha

Apparently in Kabhie Alvida Na Kehna you play a character close to your heart?

Actors always bring a lot of themselves into their characters. At the end of the day, the character is being performed by the actor, the character must therefore have elements of the actor. Karan knows me well, so he used a lot of my personality for my character in KANK. It's very important for me to identify with the character I play, otherwise I can't play him convincingly.

How did it feel to work with Shah Rukh Khan in KANK?

Only after you work with Shah Rukh do you truly understand why he enjoys the position he does. He's a humble and unassuming person. When you work with him you realise he's amazingly good at what he does. My advice to any actor who works with him is to interact with him off the sets for a week before the shooting begins. I was bowled over by him as an actor and a human being. I've never seen a more hard-working actor. On the sets he was always there for Karan and for his co-stars. He made sure that everyone ate well and performed properly.

You seem totally bowled over by him.

I hope I can work with SRK again and again. Shah Rukh is an immensely generous actor. He almost concentrates more on getting the other actor's performance right in a scene, than his own! When I was stuck during a scene, he readily helped me out. The amount I've learnt from him about conducting oneself as a person and as an actor, is insurmountable. Shah Rukh truly deserves his superstardom. He works hard for it, and he makes sure others work equally hard.

What about Preity Zinta?

KANK was our first film together, besides the little bit of work that we did together in Salaam Namaste, where she was lying on an operation table and screaming. She does not lie down in KANK, but she continues to shout at me!

She claims you can out-chatter her.

With Preity, it's a bit of an ego problem. Since I'm a very sore loser I've to try and out-do her in talking. I love Preity. She's one of the nicest persons I've met. I'm looking forward to working with her again in Shaad Ali's Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom. It's going be a fun film. It's exciting because of the cast. Preity, of course, is one of my favourite people on earth. Then there's Bobby Deol whom I've known since I was a kid. I've always wanted to work with him. There have been many projects in the past together which didn't work out.

You're also doing the sequel to Dhoom

One of the plus points of doing a sequel is that you already know the character. I play the same character. That makes it easier for me to play him. Then there's an equation already built with the crew. So you automatically get into the groove. The exciting part is to build a new mood within the given parameters since we can't serve the same thing to the audience. It's a new cast and a new plot. Hopefully it will be much better and bigger than the first Dhoom.

You're working with Hrithik again.

Dhoom 2 is my second film with Hrithik after Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon. He isn't just hard-working, he's seven notches above that. Through his hard work, he pushes me to work. His perfectionism is infectious. What's wonderful about actors like Shah Rukh and Hrithik is they aren't just concerned about their own performance but also the entire film. It's great fun just hanging out with him. Shooting for Dhoom 2 was a party.

How does it feel to work with Ratnam again?

Yuva was a turning point in my career. And all credit for it goes to Mani Ratnam for this. Guru is a challenge. Mani likes to push his actors. He likes to break conventions. He gives you a scene, and you work it out as logically as you can. He then takes it and flips it around completely. He likes to go against the grain. With him, every actor had better rise to the occasion.

What other films are on the anvil?

After Shaad's film I'm doing a film with my friend Goldie Behl, Drona is the working title of this film. After Goldie's film I go on to Ram Gopal Varma's Sarkar 2. Then I move on to Rakeysh Mehra's Delhi - 6. After that it'll be Rohan Sippy's film next year.

You and Rakeysh Mehra go back a long way.

Yes, I'm very excited about working with him. Rakeysh and I were both supposed to do our first feature film together. But it didn't work out. We've been trying to collaborate for ten years now. Every year we'd think of an idea, but it wouldn't work out.

So now you have two antithetical films, Umrao Jaan and KANK coming up one after the other.

It's only after I did my first period film Umrao Jaan that I realised how modern we are in our everyday conduct, as individuals. I had to try and forget my natural body language and demeanour, and reacclimatise myself. It was a challenge. Interestingly, I came to shoot for Umrao Jaan straight from KANK, straight from New York in recent times to Lucknow in the 19th century.

Beitrag #10 - erstellt: 08. Juni 2006
*Fortsetzung

Why are you suddenly doing so many endorsements?

My criterion for endorsing a brand is simple. Would I use the product and am I comfortable endorsing it? It's very important for the brand ambassador to have faith in the product. I believe in the products I endorse.

Are very conscious of your public conduct?

You've to be true to yourself in your private and personal conduct. We have to realise we've a huge responsibility towards the public. They look at us to set examples and we have to be conscious of that.

Having said that, I must say that I am what I am and I behave the way I've been brought up to behave.

• When I was stuckduring a scene, Shah Rukh readily helped me out. The amount I’ve learnt from him about conducting oneself as a person and as an actor, is insurmountable

Beitrag #11 - erstellt: 08. Juni 2006
doppelpost

Beitrag #12 - erstellt: 13. Juni 2006
Ash-Abhishek fighting shy of Mumbai?

Allegedly they requested Ratnam to shoot in Chennai
Ram Kamal Mukherjee

Rumours about Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan parting ways have barely died down, when there is more speculation about the duo doing the rounds.

It is said that when Mani Ratnam wanted to shoot certain portion of Guru in Mumbai, as per the requirement of the script, both Ash and Abhishek refused to shoot in the city. “Mani Sir wanted to shoot certain portion of his film in Mumbai. He needed about ten days for the shoot,” says our source. However, it came as a bolt from the blue when both his stars politely refused to shoot in Mumbai.

“They are apprehensive of mediapersons and photographers hounding them for soundbytes and photographs, and want to avoid the situation,” adds our source. Since the time the media started writing stories about Abhishek and Ash, the two have been trying to keep a low profile. They avoid public appearances and try to shoot for most of their films away from Mumbai.

Incidentally, this attitude of theirs goes back a long way, to the time when the two were shooting for J P Dutta's Umrao Jaan in Jodhpur. “The song and other indoor sequences of the film could have been shot easily in Mumbai. But Ash and Abhishek asked J P Dutta to complete the entire film in one schedule in Jodhpur,” says our source.

Sanjay Gadhvi's Dhoom 2 has also been also shot in Brazil. “Ash and Hrithik have some scenes and dance sequences in Mumbai, but all her scenes with Abhishek were shot in Brazil. That is how they have been avoiding getting clicked together,” says our source.

Beitrag #13 - erstellt: 23. Juni 2006
A tick-talk with Abhishek Bachchan

CNN-IBN
Posted Friday , June 23, 2006 at 14:31
New Delhi: It was a mystery whose time had come. Quite literally.

When luxury watch-maker Omega unveiled their new brand ambassador, it was time for a pleasant surprise.

The watch-maker managed to rope in the hottest property in Bollywood - Abhishek Bachchan - to endorse its watches.

Abhishek sashayed down the ramp and seemed quite in sync with the times. That he donned two Omegas – one on each wrist – is another matter.

So, now that times are a changing, what’s one thing that Abhishek never gets time to do? “Hmm…never get time to do? I never get to spend time with family,” he quipped.

However, that one thing that the hunk manages to find time for is? “Work,” he said with a smile.

And while on time, Bachchan junior also recalled his first-ever watch. “It was one pop-up plastic snoopy watch, and thankfully, I don’t have it now,” he said.

Abhishek is currently reaping the fruits of his last year's Bollywood success stories. To add to hs already illustrious kitty was the Best Supporting Actor honour at IIFA awards in Dubai.

He will soon be seen in Karan Johar's Kabhie Alvida Na Kehna sharing the same space for the first time with Shah Rukh Khan.

"I keep asking Karan to give me more opportunities and working with Shar Rukh was a great experience. He is the best and only when you work with him that you realise why he is the best," he said.

video dazu:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/13677/a-ticktalk-with-abhishek-bachchan.html

Beitrag #14 - erstellt: 14. Juli 2006
“I don’t mind doing a French kiss,” says Abhishek
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, July 13, 2006]

“I don't mind doing a French kiss on screen,” says the most-coveted-bachelor-in-town Abhishek Bachchan. And what if your co-star has a bad breath? “There’s nothing I can do about it. I am a professional and I’ll go ahead and do my job,” he adds tongue-in-cheek (Literally). That’s Abhishek for you. Full of life and candid-to-the-hilt. Six years in the industry, people have now started noticing him after a spate of forgettable films. Not merely features, but like his father, he is becoming much-in-demand by the any-n-every product launches. He has a few big films lined up. First to come will be Karan Johar’s ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’ this August and Come-Diwali, we shall see him in a double whammy: ‘Dhoom 2’ and ‘Umrao Jaan’.

Yes, ‘Don’ is no more releasing this Diwali after the Yashraj Films planned to hijack most of the theatres for their big release. In fact, there’s a buzz that Shahrukh is not happy with the outcome of the final output of the film. And that can be a big setback for the distributors who trust SRK’s judgment. Nevertheless, talking about AB Junior, then yes he is admitting that he is in “Love”. But without a prior warning, he clears-the-air with a chuckle by adding: “I am in love with my work.” He skirts the issue of his alleged affair with Aishwarya Rai by stating that it’s a creation of Media’s figment of imagination. So is he single: “Yes,” he says.

Beitrag #15 - erstellt: 26. Juli 2006
“Your Place Or Mine,” says Abhishek
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, July 25, 2006]

“Your Place Or Mine.” Well, this done-to-death pickup up line is being made famous by Abhishek Bachchan’s Cell Phone Advertisement that is hogging the Telly Space these days. A Cool-as-a-pineapple Aby saunters towards a couple of pretty-young-things in a pub and passes on his mobile phone discreetly for them to see the suggestive message written with a precision. The girls gush over the sexy looking phone and coo-with-delight: “Thanks.”

A lot is being said about this advert these days. A few of the uncharitable remarks are reserved for Abhishek’s ‘double chin’, ‘the corny one liner’ and some say ‘it is not in good taste’. Well, the kind of persona AB Junior carries, somehow the double chin doesn’t matter in that.

He had a visible paunch in his most memorable performance in ‘Yuva’ but nobody seems to have noticed that. His flirtatious, cool and single status makes him desirable for women. As for the corny one liner: ‘Your place or mine’ then I would say: Grow up guys.

What’s wrong in an oft-used-line that is not vulgar by any margin! You should see the blatantly suggestive advertising in the European countries. They find an excuse to showcase sex in one form or the other all the time.

It seems Abhishek is enjoying the adulation that he is receiving due to the various products he is endorsing these days as we haven’t had a taste of him in a movie this year. First up is Karan Johar’s ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’, followed by ‘Dhoom 2’, Mani Rathnam’s ‘Guru’ and ‘Umrao Jaan’. So, don’t worry girlies you are gonna be seeing a lot of ABhishek in the days to come.

IndiaGlitz says Abhishek Bachchan Rocks! With or without that double chin.

Beitrag #16 - erstellt: 02. August 2006
Abhishek gewinnt immer mehr Herzen

Abhishek Bachchan wird immer mehr seinem Vater ähnlicher. Seine letzen Filme waren sehr erfolgreich.
„Bunty aur Babli” war ein großer Erfolg. Bluffmaster und Ram Gopal Verma’s Sarkar waren ebenfalls Hits.
Abhishek zählt jetzt zu den Superstars der Bollywood Szene. Abhishek hat viele Fans, dies wird deutlich
zunehmende Anzahl Fanpost. Er ist mit seinem Erfolg sehr glücklich und will gerne den Weg seines Vaters gehen.

Quelle: happyindia.de

---
Bollywood macht Glücklich

Es gibt ja Tage, da denkt man,
die Welt ist verkommen und schlecht-
dann schaue ich einen Bollywood
Film und drei Stunden später glaube
ich wieder das Gute im Menschen.

Beitrag #17 - erstellt: 19. August 2006
Tete-e-tete with Jr. Bachchan
Friday, August 18, 2006 09:04:34 pm

From a hero who tanked at the box office to KANK, Abhishek Bachchan has come a very long way indeed. Aby's baby chats up with our correspondent Autreyee Choudhury about his next big projects and more.

TN : Are you a woman's guy?

Abhishek : I'd like to be. I hope I am. I strive to be if you are asking me if I am like Rishi Talwar - my character in KANK, I'd like to be.

TN : KANK is a mature love story. Do you think Indian audiences are finally ready to accept sex and extra marital affair as a fact?

Abhishek : Coming from the civilization that gave birth to Kamasutra, I don’t think we've been alien to the concept. Indian audience have always accepted a good film - it's not what story you tell, it's how well you tell it.

TN : Personally, do you agree with an extra marital affair?

Abhishek : No I don't.

TN : In KANK, your father plays kind of a raunchy character?

Abhishek : Raunchy? I will be sure to tell him you called him raunchy (smiles).

TN : He's playing a very open minded character, but there is a certain section of his fans who are offended or who've got mixed response

Abhishek : You will have to ask me, he has not said any such thing to me but I think he's done a wonderful job once again.

TN : You’ve two films coming up - Dhoom II and Umrao Jaan. One is more of a guys' film, macho and the other one is a little mellow. Which role was more comfortable for you?

Abhishek : They both are great fun, I don’t think any role is easy to perform and I would not want to do a role which is easy. I've enjoyed doing both films immensely.

TN : But which image are you more comfortable with?

Abhishek : Neither, I am just happy with the Big B standing in the background.

TN : You're also doing Guru with Mani Ratnam. Considering, Yuva with Mani was a turning point in your career, now has there been a change in equation with Mani Ratnam?

Abhishek : No, it hasn't changed, it's the same. Mani is a genius and according to me he's one of the most talented directors we have and it's an honour to work with him. I was blessed to be given another opportunity to work with him. I am really excited about Guru and am looking forward to its release.

TN : Between you and your father, you have endorsed many products. Have you left anything at all for the other stars?

Abhishek : There is no competition. I do the work that is offered to me.

Beitrag #18 - erstellt: 19. August 2006
Abhishek’s lost umbrella found!

Abhishek Bachchan is slowly and steadily climbing up the popularity chart and today he has a considerable fan following among the females. One such die hard fan of the Jr Bachchan is a South African resident Ashika Hansraj who works for a leading airlines in Durban. During her routine work at the airport she met Abhishek at the Durban airport and was obviously thrilled to come face to face with her favuorite star. They chatted for a while and latter Abhishek boarded his plane to Mumbai. However, Ashika discovered that her hero had left his umbrella behind at the airport, and she immediately called up her friend in Mumbai, Joe Rajan who heads a travel company. And Joe in turn called up his friend who’s with the Customs at the airport. And when Abhishek landed in Mumbai, the Custom officer informed him about his lost umbrella. Abhishek was zapped; he was wondering how the umbrella news had traveled so quickly,” laughs Mr Rajan. And guess what? Next thing we heard, the South African fan came all the way from Durban to give her hero his umbrella back. Now that’s a costly trip to make to return an umbrella, right? But then AB’s baby has got some die-hard fans willing to do anything for him!

INDIATIMES

Beitrag #19 - erstellt: 20. August 2006
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/19059/exclusive-abhishek-the-rising-son.html

Mumbai: He is the rising star of Hindi Cinema and a performer with immense potential. Say hello to the young and restless Abhishek Bachchan.

Rajeev Masand: Your new film Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is one that everyone is talking about and your performance in the film is being discussed animatedly. I think it is safe to say that your performance in the film is one that most people have enjoyed immensely.

Your character portrays an ideal man and perhaps an ideal husband. He is one who loves his wife unconditionally, is betrayed by her and later forgives her and embraces her as a friend.

In your opinion, is it easy to forgive to someone who has broken your heart?

Abhishek Bachchan: I think it is. I have been asked this question several times during the making of this film that would be logical to love someone so dementedly that even being betrayed by her, you are ready to forgive and forget. It seemed logical to me because forgiveness is in the very grain of humanity.

Rajeev Masand: Success has come to you after a lot of hard work and perhaps after a spate of failures. Do you cherish it much more because it did not come to you overnight and perhaps all that easily?

Abhishek Bachchan: I don’t know how to react to all this success because I have not tasted it before. People ask me how does it feel to be that successful.

I only ask them, "Have you forgotten who I live with? " That is my standard of success. Everybody cherishes his success and so do I.

When I had started my career as an actor with J P Dutta, I was not ready for it. I was this 21-year-old kid, excited to get the chance to fulfill my dream of becoming an actor.

I trusted JP Dutta blindly and followed what he said. Whatever appreciation I got for my work was because of him.

I have been shooting for Dhoom II with my friends Hrithik (Roshan) and Uday (Chopra) whom I have grown up with. We often discuss our work and I have been sitting with Hrithik and talking about it.

I was telling him about the time when I used to finish a scene and used to get excited that thankfully I did manage to remember the dialogues.

Whenever I would look at the script and see how many times my name has appeared on it, I used to panic to see so many dialogues to remember and so many scenes to complete.

My focus would not be on giving a performance or to best deliver a line, but it was simply to finish the work and meet the requirement. I think, that is the first indication that tells that you are not prepared and perhaps not even capable enough to do your job.

So, I set about working on it. Most of the reviews and most of them by you actually, were full of criticism about me.

I was told that I have bad hair, bad makeup, no dialogue delivery, couldn’t dance and so on. These were the things that were said about me. But I did not go defensive about them. I thought perhaps I need to work on my dialogue delivery, hair, make up and all those areas.

Whereas actors tend to take criticism in a negative way, I took it very seriously in a positive way. If you come to my room you will find three of your reviews on my wall.

But I highlighted portions where my performance has been criticized and decided to work upon it. My goal was to make sure that next time when someone writes a review about me; there should be a mention that I have improved.

Rajeev Masand: Dhoom was perhaps the turning point in your career as it was your first ‘undisputed’ hit film. How do raise the ante for its sequel?

Abhishek Bachchan: By hiring the services of Bipasha Basu, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan!

Just kidding! I think the exciting thing about doing a sequel is if the actors have already been there in the prequel, you don’t have to do much. Uday and myself knew everything about the characters.

It’s the same unit and our chemistry and rapport did help. But the tension is about making it more interesting and taking that one step further.

I don’t want to sound pompous but Dhoom II is just bigger and better. One reason is because it has a bigger star caste. Our aim was to make a bigger action film, which is more entertaining, and take it to a higher level. So, I hope we achieve that with this film.

Rajeev Masand: Hrithik Roshan and you are friends of course, but the fact is that you are also contemporaries and rivals at the same time.

When you are signing a film with other actors in it, what do you look for apart from your own role in it? Is it really important to know what the other actor is doing in that film?

Abhishek Bachchan: It never has important been for me. I rightly or wrongly have always believed in the people that I have worked with.

Beitrag #20 - erstellt: 20. August 2006
I truly believe that whatever success I have achieved today has a lot to do with somebody like Hrithik who has called me once in a while and told me things like, ‘Hey! You are looking bit fat in this, you need to work at this portion, your visual appeal is important’ and things like that.

He is very giving with his advice and he has pushed me to improve. I owe a lot to him.

Rajeev Masand: Is it rare to find such generous co-actors?

Abhishek Bachchan: I have never had a problem there. In fact I have been very lucky to always get supportive and protective co-actors to work with. They always felt sorry for me for I was so bad. They always thought, "poor chap. He is the weakest link. Let’s just help him out."

Rajeev Masand: Were you always destined to be an actor?

Abhishek Bachchan: Can’t say if I was destined to, but yes, I always wanted to be an actor.

Rajeev Masand: Do you often wonder what you would have been doing, had you not become an actor?

Abhishek Bachchan: I don’t wonder, but perhaps I could have been a struggling actor. I would have been ‘pounding the pavement’ (as you call in actor’s lingo), outside producers’ office asking them for some work.

Abhishek says, he has always shared a special bond with father Amitabh Bachchan.

Rajeev Masand: But you could not have been anywhere else but in films, isn’t it?

Abhishek Bachchan: Yes, definitely. No doubts about it.

Rajeev Masand: You worked in Mani Ratnam’s ‘Yuva’ which people say has been your best performance so far. Now that you are again working with him in ‘Guru’, playing a character whose span from a young man to an elderly person has been covered as a journey, what else is special that you find in it?

Abhishek Bachchan: Mani Ratnam is indeed the most special aspect of Guru. When he is directing a film, an actor doesn’t need to ask for anything else.

I signed Yuva without even hearing its script. It was weird.

I knew Mani from the days when he made Bombay because ABCL Ltd then had distributed the film. Shad (Ali) arranged my meeting with him and there he asked me if I would be interested in working with him. I almost fell off my chair. Here I was sitting in front of Mani Ratnam and it he who was asking me, whether I wanted to work with him or not. I was almost going to ask him, “Do I have to pay you for giving me a role in your film?”

Getting the chance to work with him for a second time is truly a blessing, because you have got over with the fear of working with ‘ Mr Mani Ratnam’ and have become more comfortable with him. To add to it, Aishwarya (Rai) who started her career with Mani is also a part of the film. Everybody knew each other, so it was very comfortable.

Any role that Mani gives you is assured to be interesting, intriguing and very tough.

Guru has been a very tough film and challenging to do. I hope it turns rewarding, more so for Mani because he has worked very hard on it. He is truly a genius and deserves every bit of the credit that he gets.

Rajeev Masand: Is it true that Guru is inspired by the real life story of Dhiru Bhai Ambani?

Abhishek Bachchan: I don’t think I can rightfully comment on this because Mani would be answer this question. But I’m sure Mani has been inspired my many persons. I don’t think it is particularly based on any body’s life.

Many people have inspired Mani. He is somebody who is very ‘worldly wise’ and like most directors he too derives inspiration from different things. I think it could be an amalgamation of many inspirational stories. I’m sure he never wants to convey that such-and-such film is depicting so-and-so’s life.

Rajeev Masand: There is one question that I asked your father and now I’m asking you. Shah Rukh Khan is playing ‘Don’ in the remake of the yesteryear’s blockbuster hit film. So are Salman Khan and his brothers in a remake of Amar, Akbar, Anthony. Tell me if you have the choice to remake one of your dad’s films, which one would it be?

By the way, your father said Deewar could be the one fit for you.

Abhishek Bachchan: That’s really tough. Actually all of them are so great that they all could be remade. Most of the ones that I have wanted to be a part of have already been made.

But I think Kalia is one film that I would like to be remade with me playing the lead because I loved that film as a kid.

I can’t choose a film that needs to be remade but I can definitely tell one film that I would not want to be remade.

Beitrag #21 - erstellt: 20. August 2006
Rajeev Masand: Which one is that?

Abhishek Bachchan: I think Black is one film I would never want to be remade because I would not be able to match up to that level of acting.

Kalia and Kala Pathar are some of the films that I have seen inactively as a child. I used to see my dad beating up bad guys in these films. I used to get excited and beat up my sister enacting him.

These films would be fun to do but doing Black would be traumatic.

I think I would want to act in a remake of one of my dad’s film because I want to go through the enjoyment of just doing it. It would be fun to live a character ‘on-camera’ that I have seen and enacted as a child. I would also like to do it more on an emotional basis.

Rajeev Masand: As an actor, you have been working for eight-years now. I’m sure you must have known your strengths and weaknesses by now. What would you consider as your strength?

Abhishek Bachchan: I have a lot of good friends in the industry who continuously are willing to work with me. That’s lot of strength for me, seriously.

Rajeev Masand: How do you react to the tag of ‘most eligible bachelor’ being attached to you?

Abhishek Bachchan: That’s really embarrassing. I would much rather they call me a successful actor. I’m not complaining, as long as they look upon me favourably. But I would much rather that I’d be known for my work.

Rajeev Masand: Well, are you uncomfortable with all the attention that is being paid to your ‘romantic life’?

Abhishek Bachchan: Not really. It’s part and parcel of your job. When you become an actor, you must know that you are a ‘public property’. That’s fair enough, but what you make of your public image is up to you.

I keep my private life private because I don’t want people to know what pajamas I go to bed in, on what side of the bed I sleep, what I say to my dad or how I talk to my mother when I order my lunch. That is something personal and I want to keep it just to myself.

We conduct our lives on a public stage but please I would request people to leave ‘this’ bit to us so that we can keep our sanity. Am I uncomfortable? I would say no. Because I know that an actor’s life comes under immense scrutiny and observation.

If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t become an actor. If you want to be there, then you must know how to deal with it.

Rajeev Masand: With the growing interest, do you think that you have to hide increasingly?

Abhishek Bachchan: No. I have always led my life openly. My life is like an open book. As long as my family and loved ones know what’s going on in my life, nothing really matters to me. There is nothing worth hiding. I am not doing anything wrong.

Rajeev Masand:Are you amused by all the stories that you read everyday. Things have been said like horoscopes being matched, impending marriage and so on. Literally, it’s become a case when almost everyday there is a new story about your personal life.

Abhishek Bachchan: It makes some very interesting reading. I am impressed with the people who write them. Their creativity and power of imagination is truly incredible. I am actually looking for all such people to hire them as scriptwriters. They are brilliant in what they do.

Rajeev Masand: Do all these stories create any kind of awkwardness when you meet your co-stars that you have been linked with?

Beitrag #22 - erstellt: 20. August 2006
Abhishek Bachchan: No not at all. It’s not given all that importance, honestly. We are actors and know that this happens on a daily basis. It doesn’t affect us at all. You become immune to it.

If I meet a female co-star of mine who they have recently ‘married’ me off to or ‘divorced’ me with, or somebody I have ‘cheated’ upon or whatever of the sort, I don’t even talk about it. I think our friendships are far stronger to be affected by something like that.

Like recently there was a story about how Shah Rukh Khan and my father are having this huge war and that my father allegedly has ‘forced’ Karan (Johar) to add a song of mine in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.

First and foremost, my dad and I are not the kind of people who would do something like that. Secondly, we are in no position to do that. Thirdly, it’s sad that people who write such lies when witness that we all are together, must have been feeling very stupid and little.

Shah Rukh is very close to our family. He is somebody I have got to know through my father and mother. My mother is immensely close to him and he is a wonderful person.

When it comes to Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna I would like to state that I have no false illusions of a grandeur.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’s lead hero is Shah Rukh. I am just the supporting lead and perhaps the third main lead in the film.

I am not presumptuous or precarious enough to think of myself as equal to Shah Rukh yesterday, today or tomorrow. Shah Rukh is the biggest star that we have in the country. I think he is a fantastic person to look up to as an idol.

And I really don’t have the power to convince Karan to add a song of mine in his film. I am just happy being a part of the supportive caste in his film. In fact I am just happy to be a part of the film.

Rajeev Masand: Putting all the rumours and the controversies aside, being young, successful and popular, does the question about your marriage comes up in the family? It’s only natural for them to raise such a question, isn’t it? Is that something that they are waiting for?

Abhishek Bachchan: No, never thankfully. My parents have not been the sorts to pressurize me on something like that.

They have never been that narrow-minded to raise such a question. They know the kind of life actors’ lead and they respect that. They have always been very broad-minded and would not impose themselves upon me ever.

Even in terms of marriage, they have left it upon me to decide. They always say, "let us know when you are ready and we will be fine with it."

Rajeev Masand: So when do you think you would be ‘ready’ for marriage?

Abhishek Bachchan: Not in the near future at least. I have just started my career and there is a lot that needs to be done.

I think there is a lot to achieve before one can settle down in life. But then again, you may never know. Tomorrow you might just turn around and walk into someone wonderful and say, "Wow, this is it."

Rajeev Masand: Finally, what is the best thing about being a movie star?

Abhishek Bachchan: The love that you get. You can’t really explain it. Anywhere you go, you have an audience that comes up to you to shake hands with you.

You don’t even know them but they are truly excited to see you. It’s an emotion that is hard to explain. It’s just an amazing experience.

And, secondly, I get to wake up every morning and live my dream. I can’t think of a better job.

Abhishek Bachchan: Well, best of luck. Let’s hope you can always live your dream. We will be looking forward to lots more exciting movies from you.

Abhishek Bachchan: Thankyou.

Beitrag #23 - erstellt: 21. August 2006
I'm totally against extra-marital affairs
MUMBAI, Monday, August 21, 2006

Abhishek Bachchan talks at length about his role in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, and compares it with real life
Subhash K Jha

Has the response to Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK) turned out to be what you thought it would?
Far greater, in fact. The box-office figures prove it. I've never been part of such a success. I think the first week's collection of KANK has been more than all my releases put together. This is a league I'm just not acquainted with. It's wonderful to be part of such a venture. But it's entirely Karan's baby.

Your smallish role has fetched you incredible praise.
First of all, I don't think I have a small role in KANK. I think I've a very important role in the film.

Your character seems to be well acquainted with the trials and tribulations of marriage. Is that knowledge empirical?
I've no knowledge of marriage whatsoever. I just followed Karan's directions very obediently. The credit for my performance goes to him.

Tell us about the response you've received to your performance?
I don't know! I've been very busy working on Dhoom 2. I haven't had the chance to interact with people too much. However, I'm always thrilled when my work gets noticed. But like I said, I can't take any credit for it. I'm not trying to be modest. I'm not a modest person. I'm a realist. I know who's done what in KANK.

Do you think the controversies are good for KANK?
What controversies? There's debate, not controversy, surrounding the film. The good thing about debate is that you get both negative and positive, but always healthy, reactions to a film. Very few films get that. Whether you agree with KANK or not, it has taken Karan to a new level. I think he has unfairly been labeled 'a candy-floss maker'. The mistaken belief that he makes frivolous films has fallen flat after this one.

Do you think Karan took a big risk in moving away from his comfort zone?
The best part is Karan isn't judgmental, just observant of marriages and extra-marital affairs. He isn't telling people to leave their spouses. He just asks a harsh but real question-what if you meet your soul-mate after marriage? Shah Rukh and Rani are the protagonists. But Preity and I are never shown as negative characters. In fact, I find the relationship between our characters fascinating.

What about your relationship with Maya (Rani)?
I felt Karan should have given my character, Rishi, something negative to do. He loves his wife immensely. He's basically trying to be the perfect husband. And that's how the audience has perceived my character. Despite that, Maya, Rani's character moves away. So I felt Karan needed to give my character some dark areas. Whereas Shah Rukh's character does have reason to stray because his wife has no time for him, my character's wife has no such reason. Why does Rishi and Maya's relationship break up?

Why?
That's exactly what I kept asking Karan. He told me, 'One could be in a seemingly perfect marriage. Still, your spouse may not connect with you.' I thought that was a very intriguing thought, put forward beautifully in the film. We never believed everyone would unanimously love the film, but we did hope they'd discuss it.

Generally such discussions and debates are for art-house films…
For me such categorisation makes no sense. A film is a film is a film….

Are extra-marital affairs an inevitable part of contemporary society?
No, they're neither inevitable nor justified. I'm totally against extra-marital affairs. I'd personally never have an affair after marriage. But I won't be judgmental about those who do.

• I've no knowledge of marriage whatsoever. I just followed Karan's directions very obediently

Beitrag #24 - erstellt: 24. August 2006
What Abhishek loves

Get Movies updates: What's this?
August 23, 2006 19:36 IST
It was Mumbai FM radio station Radio City RJ Archana Pania's lucky day when she got a chance to meet her favourite star's son Abhishek Bachchan at Mumbai's J W Marriot hotel, where he had come for a promotional press conference for Motorola.
While she says she is not star struck at all, she makes an exception for the Bachchans.

Her heart skipped a beat when Abhishek said that he loved... radio!

Well, she's now hoping that she gets to interview the actor on her morning show Kasakai Mumbai, between 7 am to 11 am, from Monday to Saturday on Radio City 91 FM.

Archana, incidentally, was an RJ on Rediff Radio before she moved to Radio City.

If you encounter/meet/see film or television personalities and photograph them, scan the photographs and mail the pictures to us. We will feature the best images right here on Rediff Movies.

Also check out: Kareena | Shah Rukh Khan | Bipasha | Amitabh, Rani | Yash Chopra | Ram Gopal Varma

Beitrag #25 - erstellt: 24. August 2006
''I''d rather be a successful actor than most eligible bachelor''
Aug. 22, 2006

His has been a long and steady march from being the son of Bollywood's most celebrated actors to the teenage heartthrob of millions. With rising fame for Abhishek Bachchan has, however, come the inevitable consequence of constant media speculation on his ''romantic life'', something which invariably stems from his tag as Bollywood's ''most eligible bachelor''. Though, personally, Abhishek would rather be known for his line of work rather than for his personal liaIsons, he neverthless is not uncomfortable with the constant media prying into his personal life considering it just an offshoot of being an actor.

"Having the tag of ‘most eligible bachelor’ being attached to you is really embarrassing. I would much rather they call me a successful actor. I’m not complaining, as long as they look upon me favourably. But I would much rather that I’d be known for my work,"Abhishek told the TV channel CNN-IBN in a tete-a-tete.

Asked if all the attention being paid to his ‘romantic life’ made him somewhat uncomfortable, Abhishek, in an interview to Rajiv Masand in a special programme ''Rising Son'' telecast yesterday, said,

"not really. It’s part and parcel of your job. When you become an actor, you must know that you are a ‘public property’. That’s fair enough, but what you make of your public image is up to you. "I keep my private life private because I don’t want people to know what pajamas I go to bed in, on what side of the bed I sleep, what I say to my dad or how I talk to my mother when I order my lunch. We conduct our lives on a public stage but please I would request people to leave ‘this’ bit to us so that we can keep our sanity. Am I uncomfortable? I would say no. Because I know that an actor’s life comes under immense scrutiny and observation. If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t become an actor. If you want to be there, then you must know how to deal with it." Abhishek said he was amused by all the stories in the media about, say, horoscopes being matched, his impending marriage and so on. "It makes some very interesting reading. I am impressed with the people who write them. Their creativity and power of imagination is truly incredible. I am actually looking for all such people to hire them as scriptwriters. They are brilliant in what they do," he said in a humorous vein.

Referring in this context to stories about the so-called cold war between Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan and that the Big B had allegedly ‘forced’ Karan (Johar) to add a song featuring Abhishek in ''Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna'', the actor said,

"first and foremost, my dad and I are not the kind of people who would do something like that. Secondly, we are in no position to do that. Thirdly, it’s sad that people who write such lies when witness that we all are together, must have been feeling very stupid and little. Shah Rukh is very close to our family. He is somebody I have got to know through my father and mother. My mother is immensely close to him and he is a wonderful person."

As regards comparisons between his role and that of Shahrukh in ''KANK'' went, Abhishek said,

"when it comes to Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna I would like to state that I have no false illusions of grandeur. Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’s lead hero is Shah Rukh. I am just the supporting lead and perhaps the third main lead in the film. I am not presumptuous or precarious enough to think of myself as equal to Shah Rukh yesterday, today or tomorrow. Shah Rukh is the biggest star that we have in the country. I think he is a fantastic person to look up to as an idol." "I am just happy being a part of the supportive caste in his film. In fact I am just happy to be a part of the film,"Abhishek said.

Among his forthcoming films, Abhishek really looks forward to working in ''Dhoom 2'', the sequel of his earlier hit ''Dhoom'', and Mani Rathnam's ''Guru''.

"I think the exciting thing about doing a sequel is if the actors have already been there in the prequel, you don’t have to do much. Uday and myself knew everything about the characters. It’s the same unit and our chemistry and rapport did help. I don’t want to sound pompous but Dhoom II is just bigger and better. One reason is because it has a bigger star cast. Our aim was to make a bigger action film, which is more entertaining, and take it to a higher level. So, I hope we achieve that with this film,"Abhishek said.

Produktempfehlungen

Beitrag #26 - erstellt: 24. August 2006
*fortsetzung...

On working with Mani Rathnam in ''Guru'', his second film with the South Indian filmmaker, the earlier being ''Yuva'', Abhishek said,

"getting the chance to work with him for a second time is truly a blessing, because you have got over with the fear of working with ‘Mr Mani Ratnam’ and have become more comfortable with him. To add to it, Aishwarya (Rai) who started her career with Mani is also a part of the film. Everybody knew each other, so it was very comfortable. Any role that Mani gives you is assured to be interesting, intriguing and very tough. Guru has been a very tough film and challenging to do. I hope it turns rewarding, more so for Mani because he has worked very hard on it. He is truly a genius and deserves every bit of the credit that he gets."

Asked about his plans for marriage, the junior Bachchan said,

"not in the near future at least. I have just started my career and there is a lot that needs to be done. I think there is a lot to achieve before one can settle down in life. But then again, you may never know. Tomorrow you might just turn around and walk into someone wonderful and say, "Wow, this is it." On whether there was pressure from the family in this regard, he said,"my parents have not been the sorts to pressurise me on something like that. They have never been that narrow-minded to raise such a question. They know the kind of life actors’ lead and they respect that. Even in terms of marriage, they have left it upon me to decide. They always say, "let us know when you are ready and we will be fine with it"."
source: IndianDaily

Beitrag #27 - erstellt: 27. August 2006
Abhishek Bachchan in Lage Raho Munnabhai?

By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 26, 2006 - 02:18 IST

Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi are all set to strike back as the adorable Munnabhai and Circuit next week. And as the tagline says they are not alone. There’s a surprise element. We are not just talking about the character of Mahatma Gandhi but there’s more to it.

The makers have added some more star appeal to his film by having Abhishek Bachchan in the cast. It is believed that Abhishek will be seen in a surprise cameo appearance at the end of their film. He plays Dia Mirza’s husband in the film. However, when asked, director Rajkumar Hirani refutes the claims saying that Abhishek is not in the film. Maybe he wants the surprise to be a surprise.

It may be recalled that Abhishek has earlier done cameos in films like Salaam Namaste, Ek Ajnabee, Hum Tum, Rakht and Home Delivery.

Quelle

---

Beitrag #28 - erstellt: 29. August 2006
No one wants to sign me on’
Today, Abhishek Bachchan can joke about these things
MUMBAI, Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Subhash K Jha

According to Vidya Balan, Mani Rathnam’s Guru is Abhishek Bachchan’s show all the way. The child-man at the center of all attention is delighted. “Did Vidya really say that? So sweet of her. Any actor getting to work with Mani is lucky. I’ve worked with him twice and I’m twice lucky. He’s a sheer pleasure to work with. Rest assured when you work with a director of Mani’s calibre he’s going to challenge you into discovering new areas of your personality. This is what has happened in Guru. Working with Mani is a huge learning experience.

Meanwhile, Abhishek will be seen letting his hair down in Dhoom 2. “It’s the same genre as the first Dhoom flick. I’d like to believe that we’ve managed to make it bigger and better. That of course will be decided once it releases. But Dhoom 2 and Umrao Jaan are my two new releases. The two are worlds and cultures apart.”

Abhishek has just landed in London to shoot for Shaad Ali’s Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom. “I’m here with Shaad Ali, Preity and Lara Dutta… all friends. It’s great fun. I’m absolutely relaxed as long as I get to work with friends. It’s very important for me to work in a comfortable atmosphere. Fortunately I’ve worked mostly with friends so far. Or directors who’ve become friends in the course of time. That explains why I’m doing Shaad’s next and Goldie Behl’s second, Drona.”

Now that Abhishek is being recognised as a star to reckon with, what would he rather be known as: a star or an actor? “An actor of course. Because once you’re a capable actor the stardom happens automatically.”

Abhishek hasn’t signed any new films. “No one wants to sign me on, what to do?” he mock-sighs, and then gets serious. “No matter what you say about my career I’m not satisfied. We creative people are very selfish. Every time you see a film that doesn’t star you, you wish you had done it. When I look around I feel there’s so much good work being done and how little I’ve achieved. I’d like to do a lot more work. I see the kind of work my dad is doing at his age. I can only hope and pray I’m able to do that calibre and quantity of work when I reach dad’s age.”

Abhishek’s found his dad’s role as ‘Sexy Sam’ in KANK awesome. “I don’t think anybody but dad could’ve done it. I think it was the toughest role of KANK. To handle a role that can be tagged risqué with such dignity and grace and to pull it off with such emotional resonance is commendable,” he says.

Abhishek and his father have played father and son in two films. “Yes, Ramu’s Sarkar and now KANK. I’d say our relationship in real life is very similar to how we are in KANK. Karan has known me from when I was a child. He has spent loads of time with me and Dad. He has observed us together and incorporated a lot of the traits from my bonding with Dad in our on-screen interaction in KANK. But no,I don’t call dad ‘dude’ in real life. That’s Karan’s cute little innovation.”

Beitrag #29 - erstellt: 01. September 2006
Abhishek Bachchan finds a new fan in Mani Ratnam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bollywood Trade News Network

Just recently there was a buzz that whoever has caught a sneak peak of Mani Ratnam’s GURU cannot stop raving about Abhishek Bachchan. Apparently it’s a landmark role for Aby baby and is one of his finest performances so far. According to reports in a tabloid, he has been Mani Ratnam’s favourite ever since YUVA days and he is very impressed by Abhishek. He only wanted to cast Bachchan Junior in GURU and the latter agreed to do it without any second thoughts. He has a grey shade to his character that spans over a period of 40 years.

Well its not just Abishek who has smitten the talented director. He is equally in awe of Aishwarya Rai for her devotion towards work.

Beitrag #30 - erstellt: 03. September 2006
I'd never have an affair after marriage, says Abhishek

Indo-Asian News Service
Mumbai, September 2, 2006

He has won plaudits for his role as Rani Mukerji's ideal husband in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK) and earned the label of a bankable actor post its release -- but Abhishek Bachchan, a staunch Karan Johar loyalist, gives credit to his director for everything.

"I've no knowledge of marriage whatsoever. I just followed Karan's directions very obediently. The credit for whatever you consider to be my performance in KANK must go to Karan," Abhishek says.

The film, which endorses infidelity, has caused controversies, but Abhishek describes them as "healthy debates".

"There's debate on KANK, not controversy. The good thing about a debate is, you get both negative and positive, but always healthy reactions to the film. Very few films get that."

Excerpts of an interview:

Has the response to KANK turned out to be what you thought it would?
Far greater, in fact. The box office figures are there to prove it. I've never been a part of such a success. I think the first week collection of KANK is larger than all my releases put together.
This is a league I'm just not acquainted with. It's wonderful to be part of such a venture. But it's entirely Karan's baby.

I'm totally against extramarital affairs, says Abhishek.
Your smallish role has fetched you incredible praise.
First of all, I don't think I've a small role in KANK. I think I've a very important role to play in the film. Thank you, Karan!
Everyone wants to know how you know so much about marriage?
I've no knowledge of a marriage whatsoever. I just followed Karan's directions very obediently. The credit for whatever you consider to be my performance in KANK must go to Karan.

Tell me about the first-hand responses to your performance?
I don't know! I've been very busy working on Dhoom 2. I haven't had a chance to interact with people too much. But I'm always thrilled when my work gets noticed.
But, like I said, I can't take any credit for it. I'm not trying to be modest. I'm not a modest person. I'm a realist. I know who's done what in KANK. The real hero of the film is Karan Johar.

Do you think the controversies are good for KANK?
What controversies? There's debate on KANK, not controversy. The good thing about debate is, you get both negative and positive, but always healthy reactions to the film. Very few films get that.
Whether you agree with KANK or not, it's taken Karan to a new level. I think he has unfairly been labelled "a candyfloss maker". The mistaken belief that he makes frivolous films has fallen to the ground. I think Karan is a very important director in the history of Indian cinema. KANK is a sensitive work.

Do you think Karan took a big risk in moving away from his comfort zone?The best part is, Karan isn't judgmental, just observant on marriages and extramarital affairs. He isn't telling people to leave their spouses. He just asks a harsh but real question-what if you meet your soul mate after marriage?
Shah Rukh and Rani are the protagonists. But Preity and I are never shown as negative characters. In fact, I find the relationship between our characters quite fascinating.

What about your relationship with Rani?
I felt Karan should have given my character RishiRishi something negative to do. He loves his wife immensely. He's basically trying to be as perfect a husband and can be. And that's how the audience has perceived my character. Despite that, Rani's character moves away.
So, I felt Karan needed to give my character some dark areas. Whereas Shah Rukh's character does have reason to stray because his wife has no time for him, my character's wife has no such alibi. Why does Rishi-Maya's relationship break up?

Why?
That's exactly what I kept asking Karan. He told me, 'One could be in a seemingly perfect marriage. Still your spouse may not connect with you.' I thought that was a very intriguing thought, put forward beautifully in the film.
We never thought everyone would unanimously love the film. We hoped they'd discuss it. And Karan has pulled it off.

Generally such discussions and debates are for art house films?
For me such categorisation makes no sense. To me a film is a film is a film....

Do you think an Indian wife would move off from a marriage to the ideal husband, the way Rani does?
Of course! Such things do happen.

Are extramarital affairs an inevitable part of contemporary society?
No, they're neither inevitable nor justified. I'm totally against extramarital affairs. I'd personally never have an affair after marriage. But I won't be judgmental about those who do.

Beitrag #31 - erstellt: 08. September 2006
What worries Abhishek Bachchan?

Applause! Applause! You’ve got plenty of that for ‘KANK’ …

“I feel elated. It’s wonderful to be part of such a great film, especially because it’s directed by Karan Johar. Not many actors can boast about standing in the same frame as dad, Shah Rukh, Rani, Preity, Kiron Kher and Arjun. I’ve been given that honour at a very early stage in my career.”

indiatimes

Beitrag #32 - erstellt: 10. September 2006
I play a character in 'Munnabhai': Abhishek
Subhash K. Jha [Sunday, September 10, 2006]

Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) Abhishek Bachchan, whose appearance in Rajkumar Hirani's "Lage Raho Munnabhai" takes the audience by surprise, says he was a "character" in the film and "not a guest appearance".

"I wouldn't call it a guest appearance. There are no guests in a film. Either you're part of a film or you're not," said Abhishek, who also made surprise appearances in Kunal Kohli's "Hum Tum" and Siddhartha Anand's "Salaam Namaste".

"Whether it was the small but significant part of Rani's husband in 'Hum Tum' or the wacky doctor in 'Salaam Namaste' or Diya Mirza's husband in 'Lage Raho Munnabhai', I play a character in the films," Abhishek told IANS.

"I don't believe in the concept of guest appearances," added the actor, who is shooting for Shaad Ali's "Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom" in London.

"Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra called and asked me if I'd do a small cameo and I said yes. It's as simple as that."

Some years ago Abhishek had done a walk-on part in Karan Johar's "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" that got cut on the editing table.

"I had to wait for 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' to get a role in Karan's cinema," smiled Abhishek, who stars with Preity Zinta, Lara Dutta and Bobby Deol in "Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom".

"As kids, Bobby and I attended so many birthday parties together. It's good to be working with him at last," he said.

Beitrag #33 - erstellt: 10. September 2006
Abhishek Bachchan: Cameo specialist!

Besides being a much sought after star, Abhishek Bachchan is turning into a cameo specialist of sorts and also a lucky mascot for filmmakers. He began his ‘cameo career’ with the Saif-Rani starrer Hum Tum, and followed it up with the Saif-Preity Zinta starrer Salaam Namaste. Now he’s repeated his cameo act again this time with the Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi starrer Lage Raho Munnabhai and the film is already heading for box office success. So the moral of the story - cast Jr AB and your film will hit bull's eye!

Indiatimes

Beitrag #34 - erstellt: 25. September 2006
Abhishek too sexy for the Asians
By IndiaFM News Bureau, September 25, 2006 - 02:59 IST

Abhishek Bachchan has been voted the sexiest Asian Man in 2006 as per a poll conducted by a magazine. Last year the same crown was given to John Abraham. Abhishek Bachchan seemed very shocked when the news was given to him. Though he did not agree with people’s opinion, he really thanked everyone who voted for him.

Other prominent Indian men in the top 10 are John Abraham, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Dino Morea, Upen Patel, Arjun Rampal and Saif Ali Khan. Indian men do dominate the list of sexy men in Asia and soon will be amongst the sexiest in the world.

. Abhishek may yet again win the title again next year due to his ever rising popularity. Like father, like son. Abhishek’s forthcoming movies include Umrao Jaan, Dhoom 2, Guru and Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

Beitrag #35 - erstellt: 05. Oktober 2006
Unitech in talks with Big B
Saudamini Mattu
Wednesday, September 27, 2006: (New Delhi):

He's sold everything from pens to suit lengths and soon the Big B might start selling real estate.

Property developer Unitech is talking to Amitabh Bachhan to make him their brand ambassador.

"These companies want a pan India presence. Stars will help bring them the presence," said Prathap P Suthan, National Creative Director, Grey Worldwide.

It seems like the real estate business is entering the consumer goods industry and getting celebrities to endorse their products seems to be the first step.

But can an Amitabh Bachchan or a Shahrukh Khan convince us to buy a house as easily as they can convince us to buy a cola?

As Indian incomes rise, the housing sector could become big business and as more and more things compete for consumer rupees, movie star advertising might become essential to decide people's spending plans.

Beitrag #36 - erstellt: 05. Oktober 2006
I was never rude to immigration officials: Abhishek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Abhishek Bachchan is aghast at media reports that he had asked immigration officials in England if he should "drop his pants" during a customary investigation. "I don't speak like that," he said curtly.

"I was aghast when I saw myself quoted with these cheap words all over the net. Firstly, I don't speak like that. Secondly, I'd never be rude to officials who are merely doing their job. It's not their intention to harass you. Considering what the world situation is, we must all cooperate and be patient," Abhishek told IANS from Paris where he is currently shooting.

Having completed a chunk of the shooting of Shaad Ali's "Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom" in London he moved with the unit to Paris, where they will be parked for some time.

However, in spite of his busy schedule, Abhishek is all set to fly down to India to be with his father on his birthday on Oct 11.

Though no celebrations are on the cards this year, Abhishek makes it a point to be near his dad every year for his birthday.

"I miss home, specially since my grandmother is in the hospital. Also, the release of the 'Umrao Jaan's music soundtrack - it was a big moment for all of us who have been working on this project. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible for the music company to hold over the release until my return. Nor was it practical for me to fly back to Mumbai for a day. So, I just had to miss the occasion."

Abhishek says that the music of "Umrao Jaan" starring Aishwarya Rai in the title role is different.

"I'm very proud of the soundtrack. It's very different from what we hear these days and far removed from the hip-hop that I've been identified with, but nonetheless very charming. I'm very fond of the music. J.P. saab, Anu Malik and Javed Akhtar have an extraordinary tuning."

Back in Paris, Abhishek refuses to be flattered by being chosen as Asia's sexiest man by a magazine.

"I don't even know what sexy means. These are appellations best not taken seriously. But, yes, I'm deeply humbled and flattered because I've never ever thought of myself as anywhere near sexy. However, if people have voted for me, then I respect that. But I'm certainly not going to suddenly acquire an extra swagger just because I've been called sexy.

"From where I come, I've seen both the highs and the lows. It's temporary. And the trick of survival is not to take the trappings seriously. There's no guarantee for a tomorrow in show business. Admitted my dad has proved to be a survivor. But they don't make his kind of entertainers every day."

Speaking of rudeness, a Lucknow scholar who plays the role of Rusva (the man who wrote Umrao's biography) in "Umrao Jaan", is quoted as saying: "Abhishek's well-sculpted body is far outweighed by his arrogance."

Chuckles Abhishek: "I've never met this gentleman. And the proof of this fact lies in the fact that he has called my body well-sculpted."

Beitrag #37 - erstellt: 08. Oktober 2006
I want to work with Shah Rukh again: Abhishek
Subhash K. Jha [Sunday, October 08, 2006]

Mumbai, Oct 8 (IANS) Actor Abhishek Bachchan has dismissed rumours of tensions between him and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and says he would love to work with Khan again.

"I don't know where these rumours came from! Shah Rukh is the country's biggest star. Who am I to be insecure about Shah Rukh? I'm thankful to just be in the same film as him. After "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" (KANK), I told Shah Rukh and Karan (Johar) to please consider me for their next film. Because I want to work with Shah Rukh again and I've learnt so much from him! I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with him."

Abhishek can't stop praising Shah Rukh, who he says loves taking care of people.

"He's very hospitable. On the sets he was concerned about everyone. He never indulges in petty bickerings. He's the most selfless person on the sets... He's bothered only about the film, never about himself," Abhishek told IANS.

And the actor reasserts that there were no tensions between anyone on the set of "KANK" in New York.

"We really had a ball in New York. It couldn't have gotten any better. I've never seen a more organised producer than Karan Johar and I've never been happier on a film set."

Bachchan Junior agrees that a lot of his own personality has gone into his performance in "KANK".

"Since Karan has observed me closely from my childhood, he knows me as a person - my mannerisms and even my emotions. I think he absorbed a lot of these into my performance."

He considers himself lucky to be part of the film as it gave him the opportunity to work with the biggest Bollywood stars.

"I've never worked in a film so big before. You've the country's two biggest stars - Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan in the film. And I was the junior-most member of the cast, given the chance to stand in the same frame as them. I felt very lucky."

The actor says that "KANK" is one Karan Johar film that didn't overwhelm him.

"Karan's cinema always overwhelms you with the grandeur, the larger-than-life treatment. In 'KANK' I came out quiet and thinking."

Abhishek also hit out at Karan's critics and said that making a film like he does was actually very tough.

"I always thought making his kind of cinema is very tough. Now after working with him, I respect Karan's cinema even more. Even those who don't like cinema will sit up and take notice. He's taken a subject no one expects him to and has tackled it sensitively.

"Karan has beautifully juxtaposed a very commercial language with real believable characters and situations," remarked Abhishek.

Despite being the junior-most member of the crew, Abhishek felt as though the whole shoot was like a holiday due to the comfort level he shared with all his co-stars.

"I was working with my friends - Rani, Preity, Shah Rukh and Dad ... They're people I hang around with regularly. It was like a holiday and it was a bonus with Rani there as I have worked with her extensively earlier. Shah Rukh and Preity are friends ... We meet at Shah Rukh's house often. Instead of meeting after work we met at work as well," said Abhishek.

Beitrag #38 - erstellt: 08. Oktober 2006
echt schade das ich und bestimmt auch andere hier nur Bahnhof verstehen , gibts denn kein Progamm das diese Texte auf dt. zaubert?????

Ich meine ja nicht die Modis sollen das machen net falsch verstehen, aber wie soll ich jetzt erfahren was da alles steht?????Smily "tutmirleid" Smily "tutmirleid" Smily "tutmirleid"

---

Beitrag #39 - erstellt: 08. Oktober 2006
es gibt übersetzungsprogramme wurde auch schon x mal im forum erwähnt und irgendwo ist ein thread mit programmen die gut sind schau dich doch mal um bevor herumgemault wird...

Beitrag #40 - erstellt: 07. November 2006
Abhishek to sing with Urmila in Mehbooba O Mehbooba
By Subhash K. Jha, November 7, 2006 - 04:47 IST

Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay gets more and more colourful and controversial with every passing day. The latest addition to its already exuberant oeuvre of casting coups is the happening Abhishek Bachchan who joins the Sholay team in a very special appearance.

Abhishek will dance and lip-sync Ganesh Hedge's version of R.D. Burman's Mehbooba o mehbooba while Urmila will groove to the funky tune. The senior Bachchan , playing Gabbar, will watch the flamboyant razzmatazz.

In the original Sholay Helen danced, Jalal Agha crooned and Amjad Khan looked on. Abhishek will therefore play Jalal Agha's part. Says the excited director Ram Gopal Varma, "Abhishek is delighted to step into the cameo. If you remember he was originally cast as Veeru (the part that Mohit Ahlawat later took up). But he had to beg off due to date problems. When Abhishek heard Ganesh Hegde's track he immediately offered to perform in the song with Urmila. He's really excited about it. He himself volunteered to do it."

Urmila who played Abhishek's Bhabhi in Anupam Kher's Om Jai Jagdish is very excited about having both the Bachchans together for her dance.

Adds Ramu, "The primary difference between the other Amitabh-Abhishek songs like Kajra re (Bunty Aur Babli) and Rock'n'roll Soniye (Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna) is that the father and son have been highly interactive in these songs. In my film they might not even look at one another."
Quelle

---

You can't base your life on other people's expectations.

Beitrag #41 - erstellt: 22. November 2006
Together for the first time!
By Taran Adarsh, November 18, 2006 - 08:39 IST
No, it's not for a movie! But for the keenly anticipated G.I.F.A. Awards.

Glam-brand Provogue has been roped in as the Title Sponsor of Global Indian Film Awards 2006. G.I.F.A., a global brand and the brainchild of Popcorn Entertainment and Global Events, has been re-christened as PROVOGUE G.I.F.A. 2006 AWARDS. The event will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 7th to 9th December.

In a path-breaking stratum, which would be the first of its kind, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Abhishekh Bachchan will set the stage afire with their first-ever performance together.

Quelle

---

Beitrag #42 - erstellt: 22. November 2006
Uttar Pradesh honours Abhishek Bachchan
IANS

Abhishek Bachchan was Monday conferred Uttar Pradesh's highest cultural honour - Yash Bharti - at a ceremony here to honour the star actor. Abhishek's parents, Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan, were also present at the function.

The Bollywood star was among 11 people who received the award from Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav. Wrestlers Taluqdar Yadav, Jagdish Kaliraman, Shailendra Tomar and Rajiv Tomar; litterateurs Viveki Rai, Uday Pratap Singh and Yogesh Pravin; and journalists Shitla Singh and Vijay Kumar Yadav were also recipients of the award.

Cricketer Mohammad Kaif's father Mohammad Tarif received the award on his son's behalf as he's currently playing in South Africa.

A token Rs. 500,000 was given to all the awardees. But Abhishek donated his share towards 'any social welfare programme of the Uttar Pradesh government'.

He announced his decision in a brief, formal address he read out at the occasion.

The decision to honour Abhishek had earlier met with sharp criticism from political parties and cultural groups. Large protests had been staged here against his nomination. According to the criteria for the award, the recipient should belong to Uttar Pradesh and should have contributed to the state in some way.

Abhishek is the fourth member of the Bachchan family to get the award. Mulayam Singh has already honoured his grandfather, the late Harivansh Rai Bachchan, and his actor parents, Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan.

Student activists at Lucknow University had even burnt effigies of both Mulayam Singh Yadav and Abhishek.

University Students' Union President Bajrangi Singh had termed Abhishek's selection as 'a case of blatant nepotism, prompted on account of the affinity of the Bachchan family with the chief minister'.

Quelle

---

Beitrag #43 - erstellt: 24. November 2006
"The media seems to talk about ‘romances’ on an hourly basis now!" - Abhishek Bachchan
Indiatimes Movies, Omar Qureshi

Romantics can’t get enough of Abhishek Bachchan. ‘The last of the old-world Prince Charming(s)’ they gush. But Mr. superstar has his intense gaze fixed on only one beauty - Aishwarya Rai - (ahem) at least if the visuals of Umrao Jaan are anything to go by.
In a casual tete-a-tete with the man with the volcanic eyes, the obvious question is about his incredible (on-screen) chemistry with Ash? Any special reason? He laughs. “Oh yes! Most definitely. It’s Mr. JP Dutta.
The credit must always go to the director for getting such work out of the actors.
I’ve maintained that for me as an actor it’s important I do exactly what my director asks me to do.

And if the promos are being appreciated for the chemistry, full credit to JP sir.”

If ‘twas that easy, wouldn’t everyone be Abhishek? He doesn’t blink an eyelid, “It is that easy. You have to surrender yourself to the film so that it moulds you the way they want to.

For my very first film ‘Refugee’ he said “Look, don’t come with preconceived notions. Just be open-minded and leave yourself to me." That’s what we have to do.
I think a true actor has to do it - surrender themselves to directors so that they can mould them the way they see the character”

Coming back to Ash, how did he react to persistent rumours of romance?
“You don’t react. It’s that simple as that. Unfortunately, as you know, the situation is such that the media seems to talk about ‘romances’ on an hourly basis now; so you just don’t react to it.
We’re not here to react to rumours. We’re here to act and do our jobs as actors.
I’d rather concentrate on that and focus my energies towards improving my performance everyday instead to reacting.”

Still, on a human level, you must feel like clarifying sometime, when there is mention of how the lovely Aishwarya is ‘now within the mighty Bachchan fold - attending all your functions’?
“You just have to approach it in a way that it’s all fabricated.
Its very sad today that people who're meant to be the watchdogs of the nation are resorting to fabricating articles in order to make print. But you’ve got to look upon it positively and say ‘Ok!
It’s put a smile on someone’s face - the writer’s mainly - but fine. Let someone achieve what they want to. It really doesn’t matter, as long as you’re focused on the job.”

Time for an ‘astro-alert’. An astrologer had gone on national TV to say that ‘marriage decisions’ would be taken post September.
Do you believe in astrology? “I’m indifferent to it. I don’t understand astrology. I just quietly follow what my parents tell me”.
Is the speculation about you and Ash more so ‘coz you’re doing so many films together? “Yes, we’re doing three films together this year.” The romantics can breathe easy ...

Quelle

---
Ich denk an dich, seitdem ich denken kann ...

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #44 - erstellt: 25. November 2006
Abhishek is kissed off! (24/25.11.2006)
Mumbai Mirror

Ash's on-screen smooch with Hrithik and skimpy clothes in Dhoom2 have not gone down well with the Bachchans

An onscreen kiss has sent Bollywood's hottest romance tumbling into rough weather. The year-long AbhishekBachchan-Aishwarya Rai relationship hit turbulance on Sunday when the Bachchans were invited to Yashraj Studio for an exclusive preview of Dhoom2. Aishwarya too had especially flown down from Jaipur where she is shooting for Ashutosh Gowarikar's Akbar-Jodha with Hrithik for the screening.

According to sources, Aishwarya's lip-lock with Hrithik Roshan in the film did not go down well with the Bachchans. And the entire family of fine actors was not appreciative of Ash's acting prowess in the said scene. Until now Aishwarya, despite offers from Hollywood, had steadfastly maintained a no-kissing policy.

A close friend of the family confirms that even though he was aware that there were some passionate scenes between Hrithik and Ash, Abhishek was "very, very upset" on seeing the finished product.
The full impact of it hit him only when he saw... ... it on screen, says the friend, and he made his objection very clear to Aishwarya.

Over the week, instead of celebrating the release of yet another film featuring them together, Aishwarya and Abhishek have been confronting uncomfortable questions that the kiss has thrown up in their relationship. According to sources, her skimpy costumes too have not gone down well with the first family of Bollywood. "They are wondering where was the need for Aishwarya to change her demure image at this stage and agree to a full-blown kiss on film," said the friend.

While Ash herself is maintaining a studied silence on the latest controversy dodging her, the issue at hand is larger than a mere stab of jealousy on the part of her boy friend. There's possessive anger flying around which can have side-effects on her career, say sources. When asked about the kissing scene in the film, Ash's co-star and Abhishek's childhood buddy Hrithik simply laughed it off, and refused to comment. Obviously, Abhishek fails to find the humour in it.

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #45 - erstellt: 26. November 2006
Abhishek Bachchan: Scared?

Yes, Junior Bachchan actually confesses to being scared of director Mani Ratnam - apparently, when Ratnam approached him with the script of Guru, he was struck by the challenging role - and scared even while he agreed to do it because he knew that Mani would make the tough role even tougher on the sets by demanding the best from Abhishek. At the same time, Abhi claims he was excited too, since it would have been difficult to find a more interesting or exciting script than this. Well AB Jr, that’s one dilemma you should be proud of being in - it means a top director believes you can do it!

indiatimes

Beitrag #46 - erstellt: 26. November 2006
'Guru'cool: Mithun serves a taste of Bengal
26 Nov 2006

Bollywood is known for its pleasant strangeness. Mithun Chakroborty, who last acted with Amitabh Bachchan in Agneepath, would feed AB’s baby Abhishek and good friend Aishwarya Rai Bengali food while shooting for Mani Ratnam’s Guru in Chennai.

Sonar Bangla
Says Abhishek, “Mithunda would bring Bengali food on the sets and serve it to us with his own hands. He’s great fun to be around and very soon became the big daddy of the unit. It was wonderful to spend time with him.”

Abhishek plays Gurukant Desai, the protagonist of the film. Mithun, who plays Manik Dasguptha, the owner of the bilingual newspaper The Independent/Swatantra and Desai’s rival, says, “It all started when I got food for myself from the Bengali restaurant Annapoorna while shooting in Chennai. They have a great cook there. Whenever I go to Chennai, I make it a point to eat at Annapoorna. I asked the unit if they wanted to try the food, and of course, they did. They found it delicious and the next day I had to get food for everybody! Very soon, macher kaalia, alu postho, patoler dorma, maacher tok and various other dishes were being delivered on the sets every day. Even when I stopped shooting and returned home, I heard the unit would go to Annapoorna and eat there.”

Ash conscious
Mithun has good words of praise for Abhishek. He says, “I am so proud of Abhishek for making his own identity in the industry. I have seen both Abhishek and Shweta grow up in front of me. I want to give him full credit for coming out of his father’s megastar status and for creating a niche of his own. He has grown immensely in confidence and maturity. Abhishek is a very sensitive and talented actor and he’s looking great. I wish that my son Mimoh gets the same level of adulation.”

What about Ash? “She is not only one of the most beautiful women in the world, but is also adorable! Ash wasn’t very keen on eating Bengali food as she is very health-conscious. But I insisted that she at least try some of the dishes. She would grumble a lot and eat very little! Abhishek is part Bengali, but he doesn’t know how to eat Bengali food. So I would serve the food myself and explain to them how to mix one dish with another and pick out the fish bones,” says the actor.

With that kind of personalised service, we’re not surprised!
- Mid-Day.com

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #47 - erstellt: 26. November 2006
Abhishek ousted from Dilli 6?
26 Nov 2006

Abhishek Bachchan seemed to have bagged all the prestigious films until we heard this one. The buzz doing the rounds is that Abhishek has been ousted from director Rakeysh Mehra's Dilli 6.

Dilli 6 is based on Mehra's growing up days in Delhi's Chandni Chowk. Bachchan Jr was all set to play Mehra in the film. Even the director was quite excited. In fact, he had even roped in Amitabh Bachchan to play a cameo in the film. Now, of course, things are different and reportedly Hrithik Roshan has taken over.

A source informs, "Yes, it is true that Abhishek is no longer part of the film and Hrithik has signed on the dotted line. The deal happened four days back, and Hrithik is excited about the film. Mehra spent two-and-a-half weeks with legendary Hollywood script guru Syd Fields for Dilli 6. The film has been titled Dilli 6 as it was the pin code of the area where Mehra stayed in his childhood. In fact, Mehra will also play a cameo in the film. Deepika Padukone plays the leading lady and the chemistry between Hrithik and Deepika will be an added attraction." The film also stars Om Puri, Atul Kulkarni and Divya Dutta in supporting roles.

Rakeysh Mehra had said in an earlier interview to Mumbai Mirror, "Abhishek and I go back a long way. In fact, I was supposed to do his launch film. We worked really hard on our project, Samjhauta Express. But things did not work out, we moved on… until now." So the sudden news of Abhishek being out of Dilli 6 comes as a surprise. Now, it remains to be seen if they have parted on an amicable note.

Both director Rakeysh Mehra and producers UTV remained unavailable for comment.
- MumbaiMirror.com

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #48 - erstellt: 28. November 2006
Jaya and Abhishek in Goldie Behl's Drona (28.11.2006)
IndiaFM

Good news for those, who are waiting to watch Abhishek and Jaya Bachchan together on screen. The duo will appear as a mother-son pair in Goldie Behl’s forthcoming film Drona. However, Goldie Behl, one of Abhishek Bachchan’s childhood friends hasn’t worked on any film after his directorial debut film Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai in 2001.

It is believed that Drona will be a big budget movie and apart from Jaya and Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra will been seen in the main lead. Earlier there was news about Pradeep Sarkar’s next in which Jaya and Abhishek Bachchan have been cast but not as mother and son.

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #49 - erstellt: 28. November 2006
Were rituals aimed at removing hurdles?
Binay Singh
[ 28 Nov, 2006 0010hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

VARANASI: Sporting a large red vermilion 'tika'and clad top-to-toe in a white salwar-kameez and printed dupatta, actor Aishwarya Rai looked very much part of the Bachchan clan during her visit to the temples in Varanasi.

Srikant Mishra, a priest at Kashi Vishwanath temple, said the family took a pledge during 'jalabhishek'but it can only be disclosed by the family.

Present at the ceremonies were superstar Amitabh Bachchan, his wife Jaya, daughter Shweta Bachchan Nanda, brother Ajitabh and his daughter Namrata. Family friend and Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh was also present.

The group arrived at Kashi Vishwanath around 2.45 am and took part in mangala aarti and jalabhishek. They then reached Sankat Mochan temple around 5 am, when the morning aarti was in progress.

After prayers to the presiding deity — Lord Hanuman, they did the parikrama of the sanctum sanctorum and went to Ram-Janki temple situated in the premises.

Acharya Chandramouli Upadhyaya, the local priest of the family and astrology teacher in BHU, later led them to the 'havan kund', where 70 priests had been performing 'shanti paath'for the family since Sunday.

This ritual was followed by the 'panchang pujan'and Hanuman Chalisa recital. After 'Nav-griha shanti paath', the family took part in the 'yash-kirti yajna'and havan with Ash sitting to Abhishek's left. The rituals were performed under Upadhyaya's guidance.

Temple sources said the ceremony may have been an exercise to remove hurdles in the path of Ash's marriage to Abhishek.

According to astrologers, Aishwarya is a 'manglik'and planet Mars needs to be satiated before wedlock, lest it acts as a destructive force in the union.

But Upadhyaya was tight-lipped and said the Bachchans would say whatever needed to be said on the subject.

The family, along with Ash, had landed at Babatpur airport late on Sunday night. While Amar Singh, Abhishek, Aishwarya and Shweta reached from Delhi, Amitabh, Ajitabh and Namrata came from Mumbai.

Jaya Bachchan was already in the city for the shooting of the film Chooriyan. After talking to Upadhyaya, the family spent a few hours at the Taj Ganges and went to Kashi Vishwanath temple at 2.45 in the morning. After two hours of 'aarti'and 'jalabhishek', they left for Sankat Mochan temple.

Other devotees — also present for the 'aarti'performed by five priests led by Acharya Sitaram Shastri — were requested to leave by district magistrate Rajiv Agrawal, as the Bachchans wanted to perform a 'private puja'.

Temple sources said Amitabh performed the 'jalabhishek'with a silver 'shringi'— a vessel used to pour water/milk on the deity — with wife Jaya standing to his right. Son Abhishek stood to the left with Aishwarya to his right.

Asked about the puja by Abhishek and Aishwarya, Mishra told reporters he asked them "to offer sacred water to the Shivaling like Amitji and Jayaji".

After 'jalabhishek', the whole clan went to 'Parvati kaksh', where Aishwarya used vermilion on the idol to apply the 'tika'on her forehead.

After the ceremonies, the Bachchans left for the hotel. Later, Jaya and Rani Mukherjee, who was also in Varanasi for a film, bid them goodbye.

The stars left the hotel at 11.40 am using the service entrance they had used to enter — much to the delight of the kitchen staff, but leaving the media exasperated.

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team

Beitrag #50 - erstellt: 28. November 2006
Tracking the Abhiwariya saga
November 28,2006

Have they, or haven’t they?

Rumours about Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan have gone into overdrive ever since they were seen together at a temple in Varanasi on Monday, November 27. And reports say they were seen taking part in a puja usually done by married couples.

The phenomenon has captured front-page imagination across the country, dominating news channel and keeping tongues wagging, and the buildup is too enormous to be ignored. Therefore, in the tradition of Brangelina and TomKat, we at rediff.com decided to christen these two superstars Abhiwariya.

And here’s a quick look at the Abhiwariya saga:

June 2005: The two were spotted at the International Indian Film Academy awards in Amsterdam, where they danced to their hit number Kajra Re from Bunty Aur Babli together. Amitabh Bachchan also performed with them.

February 2006: The first serious marriage rumour was sparked off when Big B’s brother Ajitabh Bachchan reportedly met Bangalore-based astrologer Chandrashekar Swami to discuss the horoscopes of both the stars.

In the same month, Abhishek also went to Sandipani Ashram in Porbandar, Gujarat, to seek the blessings of Guru Ramesh Oza. Oza is the founder of the Sandipani Vidyaniketan school. One of his followers is industrialist Anil Ambani, who is reportedly close to the Bachchans.

October 2006: During the shooting of Mani Ratnam’s film Guru, the rumour mills were abuzz that Ash and Abhishek had gone to the Madurai Meenakshi temple to seek blessings. Some rumours also said they had got married. No such thing was confirmed.

Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek BachchanIn late October, Bachchan family astrologer Chandrashekhar Swami told a Kannada newspaper that Ash and Abhishek were likely to tie the knot in 2007.

The rumour mills were provided more fodder when during the same time the duo went to watch a movie at one of the local theatres, and security guards prevented star-struck fans from getting anywhere near them.

November 2006: Abhishek skipped the Umrao Jaan press conference. Ash, on the other hand, spoke to the press but avoided all questions about her personal life. Instead, she said, “It is the audiences’ love and concern. ‘Whom is she going to be with in life? Whom will she marry?’ The audiences feel I am part of their life, so they worry about me. I think that is very sweet of them and I tell them that when I will marry, I will announce it. When I get married, you’ll know.”

November 2006: Three days after Ash and Abhishek’s Dhoom:2 released to full houses, the two offered prayers at the Sankat Mochan temple in Varanasi.

But are Abhiwarya really a couple? Your guess is as good as ours.

Quelle

---

Hilfe| Team
Produktempfehlungen

1 2 3 4 ... letzte Seite »

Sie sind nicht eingeloggt
Bevor Sie sich aktiv an den Diskussionen in diesem Forum beteiligen können müssen Sie sich an unser System anmelden! Sollten Sie noch keine Login-Daten besitzen, können Sie jetzt ein neues Benutzerkonto erstellen!

Neue Beiträge
 Keine neuen Beiträge

Nicht angemeldet?
Mit Benutzernamen und Passwort anmelden:

Angemeldet bleiben
Passwort vergessen? | Neues Benutzerkonto erstellen